Administration

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Personally I dont think AL settling the debt is a disaster, shows he has funds, shows hes very committed to the club, hes changed his recruitment policy. Big push next season, fans will come back.

Where have the funds come from seeing as he couldn’t pay wages last week?

Where will fans sit seeing as big bad Barry won’t open the north stand?

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Personally I dont think AL settling the debt is a disaster, shows he has funds, shows hes very committed to the club, hes changed his recruitment policy. Big push next season, fans will come back.

Does he have the funds though or has he, as someone has already suggested, sold the debt on? I am not convinced that AL has a long term financial plan or even the wherewithal to fund that plan.

Granted he has changed his recent recruitment policy and that change has brought about an improvement in quality and style of play. Will he continue on this path or revert to the, by and large, failed foreign policy? 

There are so many things that are against him and whereas he has learned some lessons he continues to make errors of judgement to the detriment of the club. He has lost a large percentage of fans and the financial support these fans bring with them. He needs financial backing or he needs to sell to a ‘fit and proper’ person who can halt the slide before we disappear.

Committed or stubborn? He cannot continue as he is doing.

It’s a pivotal time for the club. 

12 hours ago, underdog said:

Good news if true. any mention of the rent?

32 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Shakes head in disbelief.

This club is fractured like it has never been before and some people (including an influential ex Trust member) think this regime still being around in the future is "good news"?!!

Delusional.

36 minutes ago, latics22 said:

And we won 5-0 last week!!  What crisis??!!

Any Latics fan who longs for the club to have better times, then their the best course of action would be to attend matches and once again become a Latics supporter.

If they continue to dislike the owner, show their dislike at each and every match. Whatever way they see fit, banners, chants or face to face. Starving the club of money will only hurt the club long term. Most owners who up sticks tend to walk away still quite wealthy whilst the club remains crippled.

Just another view

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Any Latics fan who longs for the club to have better times, then their the best course of action would be to attend matches and once again become a Latics supporter.

If they continue to dislike the owner, show their dislike at each and every match. Whatever way they see fit, banners, chants or face to face. Starving the club of money will only hurt the club long term. Most owners who up sticks tend to walk away still quite wealthy whilst the club remains crippled.

Just another view

I agree but cant blame them. I've missed 3 games recently through working and I'm thinkin of not going back as we won 3-1, 3-0 and 5-0 in my absence haha and drawn or lost the games I've been to haha 

5 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I agree but cant blame them. I've missed 3 games recently through working and I'm thinkin of not going back as we won 3-1, 3-0 and 5-0 in my absence haha and drawn or lost the games I've been to haha 

Mmmm I can see your logic there. For the greater good of club/results, stay away!!

Maybe try the next match and if we lose, you know what to do

FLG has gone very quiet these last 2/3 days.  I believed that they had first refusal on purchase of ground, stadium & OEC....another twist and turn imminent?!

Even if Bassini obtains funding, he wants the whole lot and not just the club. Pointless just buying the club as it’ll always be loss-generating at this level.  The OEC income, which Lemsagam stupidly has declined, is the buffer to make this club sustainable.  This is why I’m amazed Lemsagam has managed to secure funding (or not) but refuses to engage with those responsible for running OEC.

If Blitz’s debt has been settled then Lemsagam has miraculously obtained funding from somewhere other than Bassini... or Bassini has brokered an arrangement between Lemsagam and his funders.  There’s been a lot of rumour that Lemsagam has been borrowing since day 1 hence why he cannot walk away.  This is why money has dried up again.  If Lemsagam has persuaded someone lend him £700k for something worth a hell of lot less then it’s a shame Lemsagam cannot covert his ability to wheel/deal off the field onto the field - we’d be above Swindon by now!

Personally I still see administration happening unless Blitz sells our soul to another devil irrespective of what he’s promised to the FLG.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why would he give AL money?

To be put against the cost of buying the club?

It's a bit like how AL was funding some transfers and wages when Corney was still nominally the owner. 

30 minutes ago, Lags said:

Just another view

What about those who want to sit in the north stand? Should they just pay up for a ticket for a different one and tut quietly in the direction of the directors box?

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What about those who want to sit in the north stand? Should they just pay up for a ticket for a different one and tut quietly in the direction of the directors box?

Agreed not ideal if you prefer the North Stand, not ideal for me in the MSP  my ST seat tends to be occupied since the closure.

There again, I always stood then sat in the Chaddy.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Where have the funds come from seeing as he couldn’t pay wages last week?

Where will fans sit seeing as big bad Barry won’t open the north stand?

What would be the point of fans worrying, or even challenging, where the money is coming from. 
Action success, is their priority. The gates are down to roughly 500 pay on the day supporters. 
That is pretty damning when combined with the inept, cash strapped train wreck of the last three seasons. I suspect the annual spring, cash windfall from season tickets is about to fall of the cliff.

For all we know AL may be pretty happy with the way things have gone concerning any ulterior motive he and any partners had for owning a football club. It certainly doesn’t look like winning football matches was one of them.

If AL manages to find the money to settle his debts his next step should be to move the season ticket deadline offer to the end of July. His next move should then be to sign some bloody players who we know or can judge.

We have backed him twice and been robbed. It’s now his turn. 

Where will fans sit? In the North Stand or anywhere else if we are top of the League.

Anyone else owning the club will almost certainly be another ‘Wing and a Prayer’. 

51 minutes ago, Lags said:

Just another view

Sorry Lags, I just can't trust this bloke in charge to use any income wisely. Until I see a significant change in his approach my hard earned is staying firmly in my pocket. 

Not one fan choosing to stay away will be preventing the club from improving, it is purely down to the actions of the owner. I would not criticise anybody still wishing to go and watch and a support the team however if anybody doing so feels that they can take a morale high ground or if they consider that they are keeping the club alive then the need to have a rethink. 

2 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

Sorry Lags, I just can't trust this bloke in charge to use any income wisely. Until I see a significant change in his approach my hard earned is staying firmly in my pocket. 

Not one fan choosing to stay away are preventing the club from improving, it is purely down to the actions of the owner. I would not criticise anybody still wishing to go and watch and a support the team however if anybody doing so feels that they can take a morale high ground or if they consider that they are keeping the club alive then the need to have a rethink. 

I take your point and for sure it's for the individual to decide.

No moral high ground from me, for me it's simple, no cash into the club then the club suffers.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....my understanding is, he failed to buy Bolton because he couldn't prove he had the funds..... not because he failed FPPT......

Yep, don't think it got as far as the D&O test

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Agreed not ideal if you prefer the North Stand, not ideal for me in the MSP. Not ideal for me either my ST seat tends to be occupied since the closure.

There again, I always stood then sat in the Chaddy.

Thing is Lags, and this is one of the main problems I have with the current ownership, the way that whole episode has been handled has been without any thought to the fans.  They could have got round the table rather than get the stand closed, agreed a temporary arrangement to get to the summer then when they had a few months with no games on they could have sought to change the deal.

And they could have said to season ticket holders in that stand that the early bird offer would be kept open until the stand is resolved, not try and force them into buying for a different stand.  As others have said, how can they be trusted with the money when there is seemingly no plan, nor is there any effort to try and get the fans onside.  It's all a shambles.  Especially when we've supposedly had a 'fan on the board' for however many years who is now a highly trusted advisor.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Thing is Lags, and this is one of the main problems I have with the current ownership, the way that whole episode has been handled has been without any thought to the fans.  They could have got round the table rather than get the stand closed, agreed a temporary arrangement to get to the summer then when they had a few months with no games on they could have sought to change the deal.

And they could have said to season ticket holders in that stand that the early bird offer would be kept open until the stand is resolved, not try and force them into buying for a different stand.  As others have said, how can they be trusted with the money when there is seemingly no plan, nor is there any effort to try and get the fans onside.  It's all a shambles.  Especially when we've supposedly had a 'fan on the board' for however many years who is now a highly trusted advisor.

I hear you and yes all the points you raise are valid.

I certainly ain't an AL fanatic. Some of the players they've brought in have been dire. Some of the decisions made have been less than poor. However what I will say is AL and the current board are not the only players that's brought the club to the shambles it is today. To many trying to get one over and take out of the club for it to be a successful operation.

The club is fractured from top to bottom, including the fan base. 

Starving the club of cash at any point will hurt the club, let alone now. Fight for change from within is what I would advocate.

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

I take your point and for sure it's for the individual to decide.

No moral high ground from me, for me it's simple, no cash into the club then the club suffers.

But the club suffers when he is in control of that cash. He just wastes it.
We've gone massively backwards, from an already lousy position.

Archived