Administration

19 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

The point is that there's little value to Blitz in letting the club fold if he can't do anything with the land. May as well have someone there paying him rent (ahem).

Won’t he just build houses on it? That’s what’s already planned for Little Wembley.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do it find it strange that people think an individual who must be worth atleast 8 figures and spends his time in New York and London 2 of the most expensive places to live in the world, would be remotely interested in land in the one of the poorest parts of the country which has a football club in the middle of it.

He is. He’s said so. 

27 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Doesn't the cost of the build come into it? About £6M?

As Kowenicki said, no. 

There is spend required to get everything finished, but if it was and fully tenanted / used to it’s full potential the whole lot is worth significantly more than £6-million. 

Blitz is not stupid, why would he spend £6-million? 

Equally, I don’t think the FLG are stupid. I’ll get jumped on no doubt to say Paul Whiteheads company went into liquidation owing millions blah blah blah, that whilst true, doesn’t take away from the fact  he’s also a very experienced property developer. Why is he as part of the FLG going to vastly overpay? What’s in it for him? 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

He is. He’s said so. 

No he isn't and no he hasnt. Hes built on abit of car park and on where an old pub was and where a potentially an old practice pitch is. Actually bulldozing boundary park to put houses on is a different kettle of fish altogether 

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do it find it strange that people think an individual who must be worth atleast 8 figures and spends his time in New York and London 2 of the most expensive places to live in the world, would be remotely interested in land in the one of the poorest parts of the country which has a football club in the middle of it.

I'd find it more strange that a business man who has spent his life making money would turn down the opportunity to earn more very easily

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

No he isn't and no he hasnt. Hes built on abit of car park and on where an old pub was and where a potentially an old practice pitch is. Actually bulldozing boundary park to put houses on is a different kettle of fish altogether 

Who would care if there was no club and he bulldozed the 3 shit stands?

1 minute ago, Steve_R said:

when the trust wanted to put the supporters bar in there for matchdays weren't they quoted £75k per year  rent? Everyone said Blitz was a twat then, yet now some see him as our saviour

Who said hes a saviour? use the quote function to find them.

34 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Abdallah isn’t my boy. I’m just a Latics fan. We will just have to see how it pans out. It’s hard to be optimistic though and I don’t think your boy Blitz comes out of this with too much credit either. 

What did you expect him to do, Abdallah has been taking the piss. Blitz was open to  talks but AL was having none of it. How can can you hope to come to an amicable conclusion if you refuse to hold talks?

You or I would probably have done exactly the same under similar circumstances!

Blitz was as open as he could have been at the Q and A session and dodged nothing. He has been a lot more open than AL who has just talked a load of shite from day one.

If Blitz is just after the unpaid rent which, ATM is disputed by AL, then the legal wrangling over whether rent is owed or not has to have been sorted out before Blitz could  serve an admin order.  Has there been any news on the rent?

Or is Blitz going for the £Ms of debt previously deferred till our 2nd coming in the prem.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

First you said he isn’t interested in a bit of land and now you tell me he’s built houses on some of it.   He has stated recently in his interview on podcast that he wants to keep some of the land. That’s a fact. So he clearly is interested “in a bit of land in one of the poorest parts of the country”

2 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

If Blitz is just after the unpaid rent which, ATM is disputed by AL, then the legal wrangling over whether rent is owed or not has to have been sorted out before Blitz could  serve an admin order.  Has there been any news on the rent?

Or is Blitz going for the £Ms of debt previously deferred till our 2nd coming in the prem.

There's also the outstanding debenture which I wouldn't expect AL can dispute.

10 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

As Kowenicki said, no. 

There is spend required to get everything finished, but if it was and fully tenanted / used to it’s full potential the whole lot is worth significantly more than £6-million. 

Blitz is not stupid, why would he spend £6-million? 

Equally, I don’t think the FLG are stupid. I’ll get jumped on no doubt to say Paul Whiteheads company went into liquidation owing millions blah blah blah, that whilst true, doesn’t take away from the fact  he’s also a very experienced property developer. Why is he as part of the FLG going to vastly overpay? What’s in it for him? 

They aren’t going to overpay. They want the fans to buy it for 4m as part of a share scheme.   

Just now, kowenicki said:

He’ll sell the ground for £4m, but will retain some land.  He said so. 

But you said £2M like Swindon!

He said he wanted the £3.8M put in to "finish" the stand plus a bit extra.

If the club ends up owning the ground and fully utilises the JR stand then we might see an upturn in our league standing 🤞.

Just now, mick26 said:

But you said £2M like Swindon!

He said he wanted the £3.8M put in to "finish" the stand plus a bit extra.

If the club ends up owning the ground and fully utilises the JR stand then we might see an upturn in our league standing 🤞.

I said that’s an indication of its worth.  He wouldn’t accept less than the (approx) £4m.  He’ll still own 10% as he will def be one of the majority subscribers.  He’ll probably get that for free by waiving something.  He’s no mug.

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They aren’t going to overpay. They want the fans to buy it for 4m as part of a share scheme.   

Ok.

So why would he want/encourage the fans to overpay? 

Also, it isn’t being sold/bought for £4-million, is it?

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What did you expect him to do, Abdallah has been taking the piss. Blitz was open to  talks but AL was having none of it. How can can you hope to come to an amicable conclusion if you refuse to hold talks?

You or I would probably have done exactly the same under similar circumstances!

Blitz was as open as he could have been at the Q and A session and dodged nothing. He has been a lot more open than AL who has just talked a load of shite from day one.

I doubt that it’s been quite as straightforward as you say.

Archived