Cheltenham 2020

27 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Gold Link, I take it that's one of yours. 

No. I have four with Nicholls, three with Henderson one with McCain and Gilka with Skelton. Gilka runs at Donny tomorrow.  You do tend to end up following them all. 

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Good on you, I have picked up bits here and there, but to be honest it's more about the spectacle, racing doesn't get better. 

Yeah, definitely going to do it in the next couple of years. Pinnacle of the NH calendar without a doubt. 

Been told to avoid Gold Cup day as apparently it’s manic and impossible to get served. 

41 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Free fiver bet with PP on tomorrow’s Stayers’ Hurdle. 

Cheers for the heads up!

Gone for Ronald Pump at 18s (I wouldn’t be opposing PP with cash though 😁). 

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

No. I have four with Nicholls, three with Henderson one with McCain and Gilka with Skelton. Gilka runs at Donny tomorrow.  You do tend to end up following them all. 

My boss at work has one with Nicholls, Chez Hans. That is a bit of fun for him. He also has a half share in a horse trained by Moffat. It's running in the county hurdle on Friday. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

My boss at work has one with Nicholls, Chez Hans. That is a bit of fun for him. He also has a half share in a horse trained by Moffat. It's running in the county hurdle on Friday. 

Three of my Nicholls inmates are yet to run but one, Parody, has won two of her hurdle races and was second in the other 

No big write up today...

1.30 itchy feet or Faugheen
2.10 welsh saint ew
2.50 min
3.30 paisley park if you’re rich. City island and lisnagar Oscar w/o possibly

May change if I look at them more in depth later

4.10 simply the Betts, Ben Dundee

4.50 I’ve backed concertista but heard that de bromhead thought minella melody was his banker of the week and colreevy Mullins fancies I think

5.30 le breuil, Milan native

Thursday

13:30 Itchy Feet @5/1 e/w (3 places)

14:10 The Storyteller @5/1 e/w (6 places)

14:50 A Plus Tard @9/5

15:30 I did have PP in my ‘banker’ double of the week but BDD downed that in the mares hurdle on the first day. Used the Paddy Power free bet on Ronald Pump @18/1 but other than that no selection.

16:10 Simply The Betts @7/2

16:50 Concertista @5/1 e/w (4 places)

17:30 Deise Aba @8/1 e/w (6 places)

Glad I didn’t put PP back on! Thought Ronald Pump had it in the bag coming up to the last but can’t complain with a free bet 😁

2 wins, 2 places and 2 losers for another profitable day! 

1.30 championship race for 4 year old hurdlers. Different form lines represented. Aspire tower (6/1) best of the Irish but fell last time. English seem to maybe be ahead - Goshen is a freak has won easily against middling opposition, doesn’t jump very well but well backed and well fancied (5/2). Solo has come in with one run looking good and trained by Paul Nicholls who has a good record. I’m siding with Solo (4/1). Allmankind (9/2) also looks to have a good chance and personally I’d prefer him to Goshen.

2.10 First of tough handicap hurdles on the day. Thought Adjali (14/1) looked good and is well fancied, stolen silver (12/1) also has a good profile and has been put up by some respected people. In my mind beat the judge shouldn’t be 100/1+ so will back the 3 and hope for some each way money.

2.50 Ramses De Teilee (14/1) & The Cashel Man (33/1) both each way

3.30 finding it tough to form a strong opinion, I think Monalee is overpriced at 20/1, will probably back him and either delta work 11/2 or presenting Percy 14/1 (liked lostintranslation for it but Colin tizzard having a bad week of it and he’s drifted from 8s to 11s this morning)

4.10 Caid du Berlais (14/1) and dylrow (100/1) both ew

4.50 Paloma blue (10/1) would be a solid enough shout, think he has a really good chance.

5.30 front view and column of fire have both been plotted for this - I’ve got a bit of front view at 8/1 but 3/1 is getting a bit skinny now. Column of fire (8/1) is weak enough this morning in the betting which seems odd, would expect him to be very strong. With the top of the market being short I think there’s value in outsiders and lucky last race of the week - I’ll swing at some outsiders - have backed my sister Sarah (66/1), ecco (66/1) and flash the steel (20/1) And I might have a dabble if the days gone okay at ruthless article (125/1) and happygolucky (40/1) later

Friday

13:30 Sir Psycho @16/1 e/w (4 places)

14:10 Stolen Silver @12/1 e/w (6 places)

14:50 Thyme Hill @11/2 e/w (4 places)

15:30 (Gold Cup)

Clan Des Obeaux @7/1 e/w (5 places)
Lostintranslation @9/1 e/w (5 places)

16:10 Minella Rocco @4/1 

16:50 Eclair De Beaufeu @7/1 e/w (5 places)

17:30 Ilikedwayurthinkin @6/1 e/w (6 places)

Unsuccessful today with just the 3 places and 0 wins from 8 bets. Never mind, still had a brilliant week and it’s all in good fun. 

What an excellent renewal of the Gold Cup that was!

Archived