FLG where are you ?

I ask this question not out of mischief or an apparent bias towards one group or the other I want to just ask a simple question 

FLG where are you ? all through the recent difficulty within the club PTB  the Trust the FSA  even AL himself have all at varying times have put out statements yet from your yourselves there is a deafening silence do you have any thing to say a crumb of comfort for the fans or are you just going to remain silent ? 

26 minutes ago, peanuts said:

I ask this question not out of mischief or an apparent bias towards one group or the other I want to just ask a simple question 

FLG where are you ? all through the recent difficulty within the club PTB  the Trust the FSA  even AL himself have all at varying times have put out statements yet from your yourselves there is a deafening silence do you have any thing to say a crumb of comfort for the fans or are you just going to remain silent ? 

They released a statement and announced a new website on 01/03. There's not much they can do now that Blitz has agreed the sale to AL???

50 minutes ago, peanuts said:

I'd imagine they are feeling very betrayed and gutted. Probably a time for reflection.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

A disappointing statement.  I have been totally respectful of their wish to remain substantially anonymous on the basis that they said there were good reasons for that to be the case but there comes a point.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A disappointing statement.  I have been totally respectful of their wish to remain substantially anonymous on the basis that they said there were good reasons for that to be the case but there comes a point.

Confusing to me. So does that mean that both the FLG and AL have agreed separate ‘in principle’ deals to buy BP?

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Confusing to me. So does that mean that both the FLG and AL have agreed separate ‘in principle’ deals to buy BP?

Correct. The problem with the FLG agreement is that they were waiting for the 'Police Complaint' etc. to blow over I reckon. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

As I read it the FLG has in place a price to buy the ground back with the funding in place to do so. AL also has an agreement to buy back the ground. So a price has been agreed. 

2 questions (1 of which I think the Trust could/should answer.

1. Is their an agreement/clause in place where the club gets first refusal to buy the ground back.

2. Does AL have the funds in place to actually buy it.

I expect the Trust to answer question 1. 2 might be abit more difficult but they should be asking this question.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Agreed. 

Not to mention the website is red/black/white and doesn’t work properly.  😁

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Correct. The problem with the FLG agreement is that they were waiting for the 'Police Complaint' etc. to blow over I reckon. 

I’m guessing there was no detail in place for their plan, or surely the FLG would have been in a position to have gone for an exclusivity agreement. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

As I read it the FLG has in place a price to buy the ground back with the funding in place to do so. AL also has an agreement to buy back the ground. So a price has been agreed. 

1. Is their an agreement/clause in place where the club gets first refusal to buy the ground back.

I expect the Trust to answer question 1. 2 might be abit more difficult but they should be asking this question.

As an Ex Trust Director up to 3rd March 2020 ( yesssss its on Companies house now hahah)

1. No I do not believe so. 

2. Yes agreed, as a shareholder, then they should be asking.

The following was posted on Facebook by Paul's wife ( FLG Member) after the club statement re debts and stadium purchase

It’s been a total privilege being a part of all this and we thank everyone who has backed us. We bow out now before we’re banned with brilliant memories that can never be taken away. It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later xx

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Trust statement of 10th March outlines that it needs to get the bottom of such matters as priority. The two questions you raise form part of that. Vital that we know as much about the sale (who, how much, why etc) as possible and try and influence the terms so they protect and enhance progressional football in Oldham.

On q 1, I personally don’t know at this point but will try and find out. Very relevant question if the FLG’s proposal is still on the table. I would have expected them to say it was if that was the case though. Not necessarily that simple of course 

12 hours ago, underdog said:

Is a fan owned club/ground a far fetched dream for us?

Or even, partially owned in some capacity?

Personally I would see little chance of it, certainly in the foreseeable future

Brassbank (Blitz and Gazal) want rid of the stadium to the extent they were prepared to accept a 4-5 year repayment plan from the FLG.

Brassbank preferred option currently would be to sell the stadium and land whilst retaining some land areas to build houses, potentially a hotel, to recover some of their £losses

We've experienced the uncertainty of the stadium being separate to the owner of the club and the 'no mans land' of fans holding a small shareholding in the club.

Our best option is for Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd to own all aspects of the club.

For starters, owning all aspects of the ground I would think would be financially better as paying depreciation on property would certainly be less expensive than paying rent to a landlord. All revenue from stadium activities / sales would go directly to the club including monies from tenants within the North Stand

However there is a risk that an owner could mortgage against some stadium assets but I suspect the FLG didn't have access to c£5-7m without securing finances elsewhere anyway

I cant see fans simply flocking back just because the club may well own the stadium and the land so revenues will still be well short of what is needed for the club to exist without an owner chucking in his own money.

A recent PtB question to the board confirmed that we need c6,000 fans to break even

Whoever owns the club, the Trust seriously need to review their strategy going forward as guardians of our supporters shareholding in our club.

Recent events have shown the Trust to be less than satisfactory at best, totally inadequate at worst

Brassbank preferred option currently would be to sell the stadium and land whilst retaining some land areas to build houses.

Its not a ‘preferred’ option it’s what they are doing. Little Wembley and some land behind the Frizzell Stand are not for sale.

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Brassbank preferred option currently would be to sell the stadium and land whilst retaining some land areas to build houses.

Its not a ‘preferred’ option it’s what they are doing. Little Wembley and some land behind the Frizzell Stand are not for sale.

Yes, because it’s their preferred option. Both statements can be correct.  

If someone offered enough cash to buy the other land then of course he’d sell it.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

At the last FLG meeting they said that housing will be built on Little Wembley

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, because it’s their preferred option. Both statements can be correct.  

If someone offered enough cash to buy the other land then of course he’d sell it.

Didn't one of the statements on Friday say just that?

Sure I heard or read the stadium plus land.

From club statement:

The Club has reached an in-principle agreement with Brass Bank to purchase Boundary Park and the surrounding land.

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

Personally I would see little chance of it, certainly in the foreseeable future

Brassbank (Blitz and Gazal) want rid of the stadium to the extent they were prepared to accept a 4-5 year repayment plan from the FLG.

Brassbank preferred option currently would be to sell the stadium and land whilst retaining some land areas to build houses, potentially a hotel, to recover some of their £losses

We've experienced the uncertainty of the stadium being separate to the owner of the club and the 'no mans land' of fans holding a small shareholding in the club.

Our best option is for Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd to own all aspects of the club.

For starters, owning all aspects of the ground I would think would be financially better as paying depreciation on property would certainly be less expensive than paying rent to a landlord. All revenue from stadium activities / sales would go directly to the club including monies from tenants within the North Stand

However there is a risk that an owner could mortgage against some stadium assets but I suspect the FLG didn't have access to c£5-7m without securing finances elsewhere anyway

I cant see fans simply flocking back just because the club may well own the stadium and the land so revenues will still be well short of what is needed for the club to exist without an owner chucking in his own money.

A recent PtB question to the board confirmed that we need c6,000 fans to break even

Whoever owns the club, the Trust seriously need to review their strategy going forward as guardians of our supporters shareholding in our club.

Recent events have shown the Trust to be less than satisfactory at best, totally inadequate at worst

Archived