FLG where are you ?

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

Whoever owns the club, the Trust seriously need to review their strategy going forward as guardians of our supporters shareholding in our club.

Recent events have shown the Trust to be less than satisfactory at best, totally inadequate at worst

I won't knock volunteers who are trying to keep the Trust going on minimal resources, time and expertise. In my last year I was doing at least doing three roles and luckily, because I was not working I could. Jack of all trades master of none....and there were times it showed. Round pegs square holes but it is what it is and everyone mucked in when they could.

It is a company itself that is trying to follow good business practice/governance, whilst trying to hold to account a bigger organisation....when Trust only meeting once a month for two hours. There is only so much you can do in that time frame.

The Trust needs all the help it can get and needs them in key areas, admin, membership, events, fundraising, legal (Shareholders rights, corporate and land).  People that are needed to keep a business going legally and with experts that can hold the other company it has shares in to account. It will be extremely short staffed now, with possibly others that may leave if it gets too much....and it will get tougher for those that are remaining. 

It needs help, it needs to change and those that are still left know this Andy B has been pushing for stuff of an age, but with only two hours a month it tends to be that the basics are done....Club stuff tends to absorb the lot and its constant stuff. There has not been a real break from Corney to AL. Five years for me of firefighting with two owners.....its draining.

Charlton Trust director said that they had their own knockers. That they would not please everyone with the decisions they made, yet were envious of the share holding rights those early Trust people had fought for.us for......The Trust needs the legal muscle and knowledge to crack on without being bullied by the other company it is trying to hold to account.

Yet on the other side of the coin Grimsby Owner/Trust relationship works well and both were complimentary of each other.

I just don't understand why Al continued down a similar path to Corney, especially when he meet us he promised so much.

However in the last 12 months off the top of my head the Trust team has on behalf of fans:

Met the FLG March time 2019 and had a dialogue with them concerning their future plans for the purchase of the stadium. 

Met with Fans in March  2019 and the agreement was for a dialogue to remain open with the owner but with requests.

Got the club owner to issue his 3/5 year plan in May 2019 - fan request

Go the club owner announce a club board with bi-monthly meetings in May 2019 - Fan request

Got the Club to undertake the required EFL supporters meetings per season. first one was October 

Met OMBC with regards to the status of the ACV and request for info under the Freedom of Information act. November time.

Raised our profile/concerns with the FSA and directly with the EFL. September, November and December. 

Got the Club to confirm at Companies House who has shares in our club. December 2019 letter of complaint to club, club updated in January 2020

As shareholders, reject the clubs accounts for 2017/18 and request again Full accounts. December 2019 letter of complaint to club and ongoing.

Reminded the club that we want access to FULL accounts for 2018/19 that are due this month. December 2019 letter of complaint to club

Got the Club MD to agree to a tentative Memorandum of understanding between both parties, in order to bottom out once and for all what info we want, when we want it and how it is rolled out to fans - transparency and open-ness the fans wanted in March 2019 - Ongoing.

Maybe the question should be how effective has the Trust rep role has been?

There was a review of the Trust rep role in February and before the current HMRC/Wages came out. The conclusion was the role needed to be firmed up and I left with two drafts that were to be approved at the March meeting and signed by the Trust Rep in the main

Code of conduct for a Trust Director - Includes social media 

Trust rep job description - with specific key marker questions that should be asked by the rep and Trust board expect answers too per month

Three month review of the role - Done before AGM

Obviously, current events and a meeting with PTB and FSA may have put that back a bit

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

At the last FLG meeting they said that housing will be built on Little Wembley

Little wembley is covered under the ACV

The Trust are aware of this potential loss and have already met with the OMBC, contacted Sport England, Manchester FA and the FSA have experience of ACV too.

There was a previous section 106 placed on it (now lapsed) that stated compensation was to be made, so I am sure the Trust will want to exhaust that this is not "given up" without exhausting all possibilities.

57 minutes ago, underdog said:

Little wembley is covered under the ACV

The Trust are aware of this potential loss and have already met with the OMBC, contacted Sport England, Manchester FA and the FSA have experience of ACV too.

There was a previous section 106 placed on it (now lapsed) that stated compensation was to be made, so I am sure the Trust will want to exhaust that this is not "given up" without exhausting all possibilities.

Compensation could be taken into account with the sale of the stadium to the club. If that takes place.

If AL buys the stadium then no doubt the FLG will stop running the OEC and AL will have to find new people to do that.

If The Trust member on the board of the club is not doing their job in the interests of The Trust as you seem to be hinting, then can The Trust remove him from the clubs board?

25 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Compensation could be taken into account with the sale of the stadium to the club. If that takes place.

If AL buys the stadium then no doubt the FLG will stop running the OEC and AL will have to find new people to do that.

If The Trust member on the board of the club is not doing their job in the interests of The Trust as you seem to be hinting, then can The Trust remove him from the clubs board?

Yes the Trust board can remove the rep to the board, they have the power to appoint and remove.

In the February meeting it was agreed that it would be on a three month review, however then the HMRC and wages hit the fan. This was after i resigned so I am not privvy to how the Trust board have held the Trust rep to account. It maybe the case he was not given the information as indicated in the Trust statement, it would not be the first time this season that he did not get information, or information in a timely manner.

I was very much an advocate of withdrawing the Trust rep from the board of OAFC end of December, as a protest with regards to the overrall disrespect the club was showing to both trust and trust rep, but the decision was made to attempt one last time at a dialogue.....now this was before the Feb HMRC/wages news. 

15 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes the Trust board can remove the rep to the board, they have the power to appoint and remove.

In the February meeting it was agreed that it would be on a three month review, however then the HMRC and wages hit the fan. This was after i resigned so I am not privvy to how the Trust board have held the Trust rep to account. It maybe the case he was not given the information as indicated in the Trust statement, it would not be the first time this season that he did not get information, or information in a timely manner.

I was very much an advocate of withdrawing the Trust rep from the board of OAFC end of December, as a protest with regards to the overrall disrespect the club was showing to both trust and trust rep, but the decision was made to attempt one last time at a dialogue.....now this was before the Feb HMRC/wages news. 

Thanks for all the info.

5 hours ago, underdog said:

I won't knock volunteers who are trying to keep the Trust going on minimal resources, time and expertise. In my last year I was doing at least doing three roles and luckily, because I was not working I could. Jack of all trades master of none....and there were times it showed. Round pegs square holes but it is what it is and everyone mucked in when they could.

It is a company itself that is trying to follow good business practice/governance, whilst trying to hold to account a bigger organisation....when Trust only meeting once a month for two hours. There is only so much you can do in that time frame.

The Trust needs all the help it can get and needs them in key areas, admin, membership, events, fundraising, legal (Shareholders rights, corporate and land).  People that are needed to keep a business going legally and with experts that can hold the other company it has shares in to account. It will be extremely short staffed now, with possibly others that may leave if it gets too much....and it will get tougher for those that are remaining. 

It needs help, it needs to change and those that are still left know this

underdog

You have listed the issues and clearly agree it needs to change 

Hopefully the remaining members of the Trust can be as honest as you have been and do something positive about it 

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

underdog

You have listed the issues and clearly agree it needs to change 

Hopefully the remaining members of the Trust can be as honest as you have been and do something positive about it 

Like what?

12 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

Not sure who is in charge, but it’s still running (daughter works there)

Messrs Brooke and Whitehead present last weekend. 

Maybe it was notice served then? Dunno, just passing on what I'd heard

Archived