Season suspended until April 30th

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2020 at 7:47 PM, Handsy said:

What happens if league one vote the same way  and don’t relegate anyone  surely. There will be no promotion the season should just be made null and void and all start  I. The same divisions next season

English Football League: Promotion and relegation to remain if seasons curtailed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758193

Stevenage to drop out of the league after all? 

I think there is a very useful formula for calculating a refund on your season ticket.  Work out what it would have cost to attend the games that took place and compare to the price of your season ticket resulting in no refund.

I wonder if they will refund the £26 I paid for two guests to attend the Swindon game.  I would settle for tickets to another game which, the way the hysterical are going will be 21/22 season or am I being too optimistic because by then we will have discovered either that any vaccine only gives short term immunity or the many mutations of SARS-cov-2 just side step any immunity we have from infection or vaccine.  There are at least 30 known strains already.

PS  The future is only bright if you don't have a pre-existing condition.  To 12 May only 1,245 of the 23,953 deaths from Covid-19 in hospitals were people without a pre-existing condition.  Of course some of the 1,245 could have had a condition but it had't been identified.  Stay healthy and get your weight down.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

I think there is a very useful formula for calculating a refund on your season ticket.  Work out what it would have cost to attend the games that took place and compare to the price of your season ticket resulting in no refund.

I wonder if they will refund the £26 I paid for two guests to attend the Swindon game.  I would settle for tickets to another game which, the way the hysterical are going will be 21/22 season or am I being too optimistic because by then we will have discovered either that any vaccine only gives short term immunity or the many mutations of SARS-cov-2 just side step any immunity we have from infection or vaccine.  There are at least 30 known strains already.

PS  The future is only bright if you don't have a pre-existing condition.  To 12 May only 1,245 of the 23,953 deaths from Covid-19 in hospitals were people without a pre-existing condition.  Of course some of the 1,245 could have had a condition but it had't been identified.  Stay healthy and get your weight down.

Divide the cost of the ticket by the number of home games, multiply the result by the number of remaining games. Not that I expect a refund. 

I really don’t want any ST refund. 
I’m no worse off than before, the club can’t afford to give me money, so it all seems a lot of fuss about nothing. 
This is a unique set of circumstances and to stress about a handful of matches that we won’t get to seems over the top. 

39 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Divide the cost of the ticket by the number of home games, multiply the result by the number of remaining games. Not that I expect a refund. 

If the refund was based on customer satisfaction with the product you may be in for a sizeable chunk. 

On 5/21/2020 at 7:38 PM, LaticsPete said:

I really don’t want any ST refund. 
I’m no worse off than before, the club can’t afford to give me money, so it all seems a lot of fuss about nothing. 
This is a unique set of circumstances and to stress about a handful of matches that we won’t get to seems over the top. 

I don't expect or desire a refund. It goes with the territory of being a Latics fan, You win a few but know you are going to lose a lot more

I dont want a refund because to be honest whatever the cost of missing those matches was worth every penny , not having to be forced by my son to watch that shite just because im a  S/T holder,  priceless😂

Stevenage chairman says "There is absolutely no integrity whatsoever in using a mathematical formula to expel a club from the EFL. That is unjust and wholly wrong. There is absolutely no integrity in allowing teams to play to win promotion, but not allowing teams in the same league to play to avoid relegation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797029

I have to say I agree with him, despite how awful Stevenage have played all season.

19 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Stevenage chairman says "There is absolutely no integrity whatsoever in using a mathematical formula to expel a club from the EFL. That is unjust and wholly wrong. There is absolutely no integrity in allowing teams to play to win promotion, but not allowing teams in the same league to play to avoid relegation."

I have to say I agree with him, despite how awful Stevenage have played all season.

Tend to agree although overall it's a long way beyond ridiculous that football has suddenly become obsessed by integrity!

2 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I can understand where he is coming from, but whatever the EFL decides will upset one or two clubs. There's no way around it.  

On 5/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, Barry Bosnian said:

PPG has been used to decide matters elsewhere in the English football pyramid as long as we've had one, and it's good enough for nearly every single European league that's made a decision.

It's unfair, but it's the least unfair option.

If he's so offended by the playoffs taking place, I'd rather just promote the top 4 on PPG straight off and get rid of the whining drama queens. "Expel a club from the EFL", seriously!

Archived