Official COVID-19 megathread

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Think it depends on the vaccination. If the vaccine decision makers say you need a second dose then you need a second dose. They will be considering the cost effectiveness of the vaccine. 

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 / 10 years people need a booster either. 

If gives 5 to 10 years immunity??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Think it depends on the vaccination. If the vaccine decision makers say you need a second dose then you need a second dose. They will be considering the cost effectiveness of the vaccine. 

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 / 10 years people need a booster either. 

I think it's optimistic to think we'll be able to go 5-10 years before needing a booster... 

On 12/26/2020 at 11:28 AM, latics22 said:

If gives 5 to 10 years immunity??

All vaccines will give an element of life-long immunity, for some vaccines it is worthwhile/essential to provide boosters due to the drop off in immunity from the original vaccine. 

The 2nd vaccine is in essence the first booster. It's very difficult to accurately predict immunity levels in 5 / 10 years from a virus that has existed for just over 12 months. 

I don't know how to post the link but Rochdale's club doctor is suggesting it may not be the wisest thing to do at the moment playing professional football. He is right about having tier 4 based players and staff travelling in to other tiers and vice versa. FWIW I think we should be suspending this season for at least a month. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I don't know how to post the link but Rochdale's club doctor is suggesting it may not be the wisest thing to do at the moment playing professional football. He is right about having tier 4 based players and staff travelling in to other tiers and vice versa. FWIW I think we should be suspending this season for at least a month. 

Think its pretty certain we have another national lock down imminent given today's horrendous figures. IF Boris can make the decision.

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Think its pretty certain we have another national lock down imminent given today's horrendous figures. IF Boris can make the decision.

I's only going to get worse after Christmas and New Year if there isn't a total lockdown.  Over 53,000 new cases today and hospitals are struggling now. Another week and it will be absolute mayhem. 

14 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And yet professional sport will still carry on as normal. Minus the fans unless you are a scouser. 

27 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I's only going to get worse after Christmas and New Year if there isn't a total lockdown.  Over 53,000 new cases today and hospitals are struggling now. Another week and it will be absolute mayhem. 

Yet those nurses are finding the time to do those stupid dancing videos 👀

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

let’s just suspend life 

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yet those nurses are finding the time to do those stupid dancing videos 👀

10 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I do hope you are trying to be provocative. If not, bugger off

It’s not a completely crass response.

I have nurse friends - they find those videos particularly insulting and a piss take 

they NHS staff are doing their jobs - ones they signed up for and get paid for - they shouldn’t be dancing on duty any more than we should be at work 

* and I have worked in the public sector, given death messages and dealt with death first hand - I didn’t dance or expected to be clapped for it either 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Kind of. Considering things are so bad am I the only one who finds those videos disrespectful to all those with undiagnosed conditions and all the dead?

yeah - my gran possibly had a chance before appointment after appointment got cancelled - she’s now terminal and has had her last Xmas without being able to see her family 

but yeah I’ll clap some twats on Tik Tok 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

yeah - my gran possibly had a chance before appointment after appointment got cancelled - she’s now terminal and has had her last Xmas without being able to see her family 

but yeah I’ll clap some twats on Tik Tok 

Agree hate the stupid videos 

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Kind of. Considering things are so bad am I the only one who finds those videos disrespectful to all those with undiagnosed conditions and all the dead?

Let’s put it this way. 
If a few people who have worked their socks off in potentially dangerous environments helping the sick over a period of nine months, often having to forgo leave entitlements , want to let off a bit of steam then it’s fine with me. In fact they can dance the full Swan Lake around my bed.

We hear a lot about mental health. If it helps nurses to cope then keep on dancing. 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Let’s put it this way. 
If a few people who have worked their socks off in potentially dangerous environments helping the sick over a period of nine months, often having to forgo leave entitlements , want to let off a bit of steam then it’s fine with me. In fact they can dance the full Swan Lake around my bed.

We hear a lot about mental health. If it helps nurses to cope then keep on dancing. 

Very well said Pete. After all they’ve done, all that’s been asked of them and is still being asked, can’t believe anyone would criticise them trying to briefly lift their moods with a bit of harmless fun. 

Can imagine the internet in 1914... “Shocking that those disrespectful troops played football on Christmas Day with the enemy while their mates lay dead in the trenches”... etc etc 

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Let’s put it this way. 

Absolutely let them dance away as far I'm concerned. I've had 1 nurse friend who has quit social media since covid due to the amount of stress they are under at work which is then ramped up by trolls on social media finding such videos as"disrespectful"

How dare Nurses try and do things to keep their sanity who do they think they are life savers.

53 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Absolutely let them dance away as far I'm concerned. I've had 1 nurse friend who has quit social media since covid due to the amount of stress they are under at work which is then ramped up by trolls on social media finding such videos as"disrespectful"

How dare Nurses try and do things to keep their sanity who do they think they are life savers.

You'd think there were millions of the things made daily.
Haven't seen any in ages.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The pressure is mounting from higher up the football pyramid for a circuit break. Allardyce has had his say today...

Whilst he is right, a part of me thinks it is personal interest, as it would give him some free time to work with what he has at West Brom without getting a kicking like last night. 

Archived