• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the over 70's were safe and you were at risk, do you think the same stance would be acceptable? If their behaviour could directly relate to a measurable and meaningful increase in the chance you wo

Well if nothing else, it's brilliant news for monkeys  

Totally agree mate. However the deeply rooted problem is the massive influence that the (mostly right-wing) media in general, army of social media bots and frankly fake shite that is peddled by people

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

It's not so much the what, it's the how.

I'm married to a teacher  who will educate her SAME learning plan out of school as in. Stop with your scare mongering!

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Yes, we have started earlier as we approved the vaccine faster but once other countries start I bet they do it faster.... Israel for example already ahead of us

Yeah, we started earlier because we have been faster. That’s the point ? We will have to see if others do it faster. France did 500 in the first week we did 130k. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

The muppets have managed to vaccinate more people than the whole of Europe combined ? 

That’s like sprinting off at the start of the marathon and celebrating a lead. Let’s see where we are in a few months. On almost every other front they’ve shown themselves to be utterly incapable. I’m not convinced they’ll be able to deliver a mass vaccine roll out without fucking up somewhere along the line. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah, we started earlier because we have been faster. That’s the point ? We will have to see if others do it faster. France did 500 in the first week we did 130k. 

BJ pretty much committed to vaccinating 13m in the next 6 weeks.... If he achieves that I will wear a ManU shirt to walk the dog for a week 😊

7 hours ago, latics22 said:

Not many forums I can post this on! But gary needle Aka gazza needle is going against the tide and opening up his school to key children. Go on gazza!

All schools are open to children of key workers and vulnerable children...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, latics22 said:

Either the government act or they dont!. U camt have it both ways

False dichotomy. I'm sure we can we have a Government that acts decisively, responsibly, and given that they've had since November 2019 - bases it's actions on every bit of knowledge gained since then. Why we are back at April 2020 is certainly anyone's guess, but I'd say it's because they're winging it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

And if the season had ended today every fucker would have been up in arms.....the guy can’t fuckin win no matter what he does!!!!

You're assuming that everything that has been done before this point was executed in a logical manner with sound methods. They have long since lost sight of winning or at least being ahead, I believe it is a case of damage limitation - which alludes to the fact that damage is now to be taken.

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

Not many forums I can post this on! But gary needle Aka gazza needle is going against the tide and opening up his school to key children. Go on gazza!

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

All schools are open to children of key workers and vulnerable children...

All schools have been open since the first lockdown. Schools have worked miracles to do this and provide on-line learning despite the best efforts of this government to make it as difficult as possible. The return after the Xmas break being another spectacular example of the fuckwittery of this incompetent shambles of an administration. Emails about what schools needed to do today were being sent out by the DFE at 11 o'clock last night. 

• Like 6
54 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

All schools have been open since the first lockdown. Schools have worked miracles to do this and provide on-line learning despite the best efforts of this government to make it as difficult as possible. The return after the Xmas break being another spectacular example of the fuckwittery of this incompetent shambles of an administration. Emails about what schools needed to do today were being sent out by the DFE at 11 o'clock last night. 

Shame I can only give this one upboat. Very challenging times...

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

I'm married to a teacher  who will educate her SAME learning plan out of school as in. Stop with your scare mongering!

Bully for her. I'm also married to a teacher. She's had to rip up all her lesson plans and spent most of last night reworking them for remote learning.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

The muppets have managed to vaccinate more people than the whole of Europe combined ? 

The muppets have managed to cause more deaths than the rest of Europe due to their incompetence, not bad for a fucking island. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The muppets have managed to cause more deaths than the rest of Europe due to their incompetence, not bad for a fucking island. 

Ridiculous post. Trumpesque levels of accuracy.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

False dichotomy. I'm sure we can we have a Government that acts decisively, responsibly, and given that they've had since November 2019 - bases it's actions on every bit of knowledge gained since then. Why we are back at April 2020 is certainly anyone's guess, but I'd say it's because they're winging it.

Apart from the fact that:

1. The CCP covered up the serious nature of the virus for several weeks after November 2019, banging up the doctor who tried to warn the world;
  2. The new variant wasn't around in April 2020;
  3. In terms of total deaths per million of population (a fair measure which allows for population density)the UK is below France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, several other European countries, Israel and the USA;

Perhaps the government could have done more. What a pity we didn't get that model of statesmanship Corbyn, I must say.

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

1. The CCP covered up the serious nature of the virus for several weeks after November 2019, banging up the doctor who tried to warn the world;
  3. In terms of total deaths per million of population (a fair measure which allows for population density)the UK is below France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, several other European countries, Israel and the USA;

Perhaps the government could have done more. What a pity we didn't get that model of statesmanship Corbyn, I must say.

Perhaps you are unaware that Corbyn has been gone for some time now. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Boris.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

What has Corbyn got to do with the failures of this government? 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

What has Corbyn got to do with the failures of this government? 

Quite so.  It is the worst argument in the world to say that the alternative may have been worse.  This lot had a job to do and have done it very badly.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Where do the stats come from for point 3? I had a quick look and see us below very few comparable countries.  And above almost all the countries you mention.  

Why can't our Labour backers get it in their heads. The option at the time of the election was Boris or Corbyn. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see why Boris won.  The main blame for infection rates are down to the population who have blatantly disregarded rules. Probably only about 5/10% buts thats enough. Any lockdown rules are only as good as the people who disregard them.  My daughter is an ICU sister. She has been working 4 12 hour shifts night(4 on) 3 off, followed by 4 days on. Thats front line. Changing full PP 4 times a shift. No breaks since March. She's exhausted and not just physically. Teachers have it easy in comparison.

• Like 3