2 hours ago, al_bro said:

They shouldn't have stopped using the Oxford vaccine. It is still very good against the original virus and good enough against the Brazilian variant.

They gave me the Pfizer jab today and I await possible side effects tomorrow.

I would much prefered Pfizer one. Oxford one seems a lot less effective

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the over 70's were safe and you were at risk, do you think the same stance would be acceptable? If their behaviour could directly relate to a measurable and meaningful increase in the chance you wo

Well if nothing else, it's brilliant news for monkeys  

Damn right the opposition should be holding this Govt to task. Its what they should do. Perhaps too many of you got too used to Corbyns lack of credible opposition and find it strange now. They h

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Okay - I'm not piling on, I'm just clearing the path a little so we can find a way out. I've read some of the links you've mentioned and they all say that these results are on a small scale, the trials are in the early stages, it's way too soon to make any definitive conclusions, and boosters will be probably needed anyway.

None of them say "it's only 10% effective", which is exactly what was originally said, and is complete nonsense. You misread the initial post made by someone else, who probably misread in the first place - which is how these things start I guess. I mean, vodka is probably better than 10%

I've definitely seen 10% said in more than one place. 

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

I've definitely seen 10% said in more than one place. 

I have, but it's still all a bit in the air and still hasn't been peer reviewed. Although, in my opinion these things will be out of date by the end of spring and we'll need a load of new ones, with boosters every year as well. It'll be a thing, and we'll have to get used to it. When we get our flu boosters, we'll get one of these too.

Somehow we've been led to believe that these things will be 96%, 98% or whatever effective all of the time straight from the get-go. Forget that, it ain't going to happen anytime soon. Let's even take this at value, if the SA Gov. have bought a load of vaccines that don't have a good efficacy it's better to use them and boost up later on. Take whatever vaccine is available.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I have, but it's still all a bit in the air and still hasn't been peer reviewed. Although, in my opinion these things will be out of date by the end of spring and we'll need a load of new ones, with boosters every year as well. It'll be a thing, and we'll have to get used to it. When we get our flu boosters, we'll get one of these too.

Somehow we've been led to believe that these things will be 96%, 98% or whatever effective straight from the get-go. Forget that, it ain't ever going to happen anytime soon. Let's even take this at value, if the SA Gov. have bought a load of vaccines that don't have a good efficacy it's better to use them and boost up later on. Take whatever vaccine is available.

Agree with that, the figures haven't been tested on  enough number and were pretty much shooting in the dark. It will become like the flu. Vaccine, where realistically the only people requiring the Jab will elderly or high risk

18 hours ago, Matt said:

Somehow we've been led to believe that these things will be 96%, 98% or whatever effective all of the time straight from the get-go. Forget that, it ain't going to happen anytime soon. Let's even take this at value, if the SA Gov. have bought a load of vaccines that don't have a good efficacy it's better to use them and boost up later on. Take whatever vaccine is available.

It was me who first brought up the 10%. I didn't intend to start an argument, it was just what I had heard and read. Yes it is a small number of people, and it may well prove to be wrong when a larger sample is used, but it's what's out there at the moment.

We will have to live with this virus now it's out there like we live with flu, and the flu vaccines are nowhere near as effective as the Covid vaccines. Drugs are also in trial, which may turn out to stop it completely.

• 1 month later...