Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Following on from the hijacked COVID thread (that was the hijacked Dino thread), feel free to post recipes, weird food likes and all shit like that in here. Then a load of Latics fans can say how wrong you are :grin: 

 

 

Apologies mods, I've posted in the Latics forum. It'l just get lost in the general forum :lol: Feel free to move it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Try cheese dip.

 

Cover thin slices of cheddar with milk in a frying pan and heat gently until the cheese has melted. Delicious mopped up with buttered, white bread.

 

Nice. Used to have this as a kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start if a week I always make up a huge bowl of salad which lasts for lunches around 3-4 days. A little game changer for me is raw mushrooms (sliced as thin as possible) and de-seeding the cucumber. Seems to keep it moisture free and fresh for a bit longer. And fresh herbs like dill or mint in there puts it in the GOAT category.

 

And marinade a soft-ish boiled and shelled egg (6 mins exactly) in light soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and a touch of water too. Another level. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

When you've made a casserole (slow cooker job) and dumplings (Herbs de Provence added to the dumpling mix for better taste), try a dumpling from the casserole with golden syrup. 

Reminds me when my Grandma made pea soup with dumplings then fished them out sprinkled them with sugar and called them your sweet !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the request of @oafcmetty, here's the Mongolian beef recipe mentioned a while back.

 

8OAlmBT.jpg?2

 

I've managed to chop the bottom couple of lines off, so end with serving with Jasmine rice, garnished with the remainder of the spring onions and sliced red and green chillies. Wash it down with a glass or three of Tsingtao lager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

At the start if a week I always make up a huge bowl of salad which lasts for lunches around 3-4 days. A little game changer for me is raw mushrooms (sliced as thin as possible) and de-seeding the cucumber. Seems to keep it moisture free and fresh for a bit longer. And fresh herbs like dill or mint in there puts it in the GOAT category.

 

And marinade a soft-ish boiled and shelled egg (6 mins exactly) in light soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and a touch of water too. Another level. 

Mushrooms are much better if you tear them up with your hands rather than use a knife. Unleash your inner caveman.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

At the start if a week I always make up a huge bowl of salad which lasts for lunches around 3-4 days. A little game changer for me is raw mushrooms (sliced as thin as possible) and de-seeding the cucumber. Seems to keep it moisture free and fresh for a bit longer. And fresh herbs like dill or mint in there puts it in the GOAT category.

 

And marinade a soft-ish boiled and shelled egg (6 mins exactly) in light soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and a touch of water too. Another level. 

 

My favourite thing to eat EVER is Thai beef salad. Mint, coriander, red onion, chili, few peanuts/cashews. Rare beef and a dressing with lime, fish sauce and palm sugar. Topped with ground roasted rice.

Edited by jorvik_latic
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like sweet 'n' sour chicken/pork/lamb, here's a very quick and simple recipe for the sauce.

 

9 tablespoons of ketchup

3 tablespoons of malt vinegar

4 tablespoons of dark muscavado sugar

2 finely chopped garlic cloves

 

Just mix the whole thing up and it's ready. You can always add more ketchup or vinegar if it's too sweet or sour for your taste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Try cheese dip.

 

Cover thin slices of cheddar with milk in a frying pan and heat gently until the cheese has melted. Delicious mopped up with buttered, white bread.

I might try that with some home made mozzarella 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Have any of you lot been to the supermarkets lately, there is fuck all in there, unless it's you bastards that has been stockpiling it some of these ingredients are unobtainable. 

 

Loads of stuff in the supermarket yesterday. Hardly anything I didn't manage to pick up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Have any of you lot been to the supermarkets lately, there is fuck all in there, unless it's you bastards that has been stockpiling it some of these ingredients are unobtainable. 

Depends where you go. Business as usual here in leafy cheshire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

Loads of stuff in the supermarket yesterday. Hardly anything I didn't manage to pick up.

 

24 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Depends where you go. Business as usual here in leafy cheshire.

If I write a list for you could you pick me some things up, either that or just knock up the Mongolian Beef recipe as posted by Bristol, and I will call round for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as every day is like an Easter Sunday, here we go. We were once in a Safeway in Napa Valley and asked for a pasta dish to take away, and were offered a serving the size of a suitcase. We now do our own which is cold pasta mixed with diced chicken and sweetcorn and covered with either a Caesar or garlic and herb sauce.

 

Then there's a salad that we do which is a full salad in a bowl with a quartered egg, chicken or salmon and covered in Thousand Island Dressing.

 

A side dish of rice with red onion, sliced grilled pepper, tinned garden peas and sweetcorn is also very nice.

 

Sue's cooking Cajun this weekend, Jambalaya and a Gumbo cooked with okra which is hard to find, we found a single shop in Plymouth that sells it fresh.

 

Never been fussed to try bat though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TamarBridgeLatic said:

Well as every day is like an Easter Sunday, here we go. We were once in a Safeway in Napa Valley and asked for a pasta dish to take away, and were offered a serving the size of a suitcase. We now do our own which is cold pasta mixed with diced chicken and sweetcorn and covered with either a Caesar or garlic and herb sauce.

 

Then there's a salad that we do which is a full salad in a bowl with a quartered egg, chicken or salmon and covered in Thousand Island Dressing.

 

A side dish of rice with red onion, sliced grilled pepper, tinned garden peas and sweetcorn is also very nice.

 

Sue's cooking Cajun this weekend, Jambalaya and a Gumbo cooked with okra which is hard to find, we found a single shop in Plymouth that sells it fresh.

 

Never been fussed to try bat though.

Bat is in plentiful supply, it's seasonal though, not to be eaten November December time. 

 

 

 

Poor humour I know but it's hard being stuck indoors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TamarBridgeLatic said:

Well as every day is like an Easter Sunday, here we go. We were once in a Safeway in Napa Valley and asked for a pasta dish to take away, and were offered a serving the size of a suitcase. We now do our own which is cold pasta mixed with diced chicken and sweetcorn and covered with either a Caesar or garlic and herb sauce.

 

Then there's a salad that we do which is a full salad in a bowl with a quartered egg, chicken or salmon and covered in Thousand Island Dressing.

 

A side dish of rice with red onion, sliced grilled pepper, tinned garden peas and sweetcorn is also very nice.

 

Sue's cooking Cajun this weekend, Jambalaya and a Gumbo cooked with okra which is hard to find, we found a single shop in Plymouth that sells it fresh.

 

Never been fussed to try bat though.

Tinned peas??????????

Link to post
Share on other sites

my comfort food is smash and baked beans....all mixed in with some cheese....I know weird but I love it...

 

Can't beat fried egg and chips too hmmmm

 

Yesterday I had my mum's recipe of tatty ash......delish

Edited by underdog
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Bat is in plentiful supply, it's seasonal though, not to be eaten November December time. 

 

 

 

Poor humour I know but it's hard being stuck indoors. 

Tastes a lot like mouse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...