OAFC 125 year plans for celebrations

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/23/2020 at 6:50 PM, underdog said:

I have seen on a FB page that alledgedly, ST sales are about 250 mark?....wonder what other club in our division are like

I've seen that on Twitter too. Very worrying if true. I think the club should be driving ST sales more than they are doing at the moment...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've seen that on Twitter too. Very worrying if true. I think the club should be driving ST sales more than they are doing at the moment...

Agreed. They have some good stuff on promoting our 125 year with the trips down sheepfoot lane.

I suppose it is what it is, if staffing is down to a couple of people.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There are many who, like myself and my brother, have held off renewing until we had more certainty on next season. Also as the club had extended the early bird deadline,  it made sense to wait. 

Now that the season start date has been confirmed for 12 September 2020,  I would expect more clarity and promotion of ticket sales over the coming days.

Also given that the new season is only 7 weeks away,  expect announcements around new signings and friendly fixtures too...😎

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

There are many who, like myself and my brother, have held off renewing until we had more certainty on next season. Also as the club had extended the early bird deadline,  it made sense to wait. 

Now that the season start date has been confirmed for 12 September 2020,  I would expect more clarity and promotion of ticket sales over the coming days.

Also given that the new season is only 7 weeks away,  expect announcements around new signings and friendly fixtures too...😎

My god - if you haven't bought one yet, who the hell has?

• 1 month later...

Don't want this one to go missed so I'm bringing it back up.

For starters, I love the away kit. Think it's a great homage to the days of Pine Villa and nice to see us move away from recent takes. Equally, I think the black third kit is very smart looking and something different; the stealthy look does well (Ajax, Dortmund, etc). 

With all that said, am I the only one feeling a bit deflated about the fact neither are unique? I understand it's easier for clubs to pick from manufacturer templates but seeing Kilmarnock wearing a blue version of our "125th anniversary kit" is a bit naff. Then seeing Pickford wearing our bespoke third kit... Well, here I am moaning once again.

Bristol City have a great limited shirt this season. I don't make too much of our home one really; doesn't really seem to be much of a tribute. Just comes across as another home kit. Felt the club could have produced something much more memorable/retro than a template design this season. Sums us up really. 

One final point though - think someone on here corrected me: wasn't the red/white kit voted as our home?

Archived