• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What would capacity be in NS was open...?

Capacity of North Stand is about 2,600, which would add another 650 - giving a grand total of (about) 3,400.

No decision has been made on whether away supporters will be admitted!

Just now, LaticMark said:

If you were a home supporter, you'd be very annoyed if you couldn't get in due to too much demand, but your club allowed 300 plebs from Walsall to travel for the game...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If you were a home supporter, you'd be very annoyed if you couldn't get in due to too much demand, but your club allowed 300 plebs from Walsall to travel for the game...

I fully expect away supporters to be barred - especially as we don't want these plebs importing Covid-19 into Oldham!

7 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Capacity of North Stand is about 2,600, which would add another 650 - giving a grand total of (about) 3,400.

I think you are working that out assuming the stadium capacity is a little over 13k. The capacity was reduced last season to a little over 9k due to safety concerns so if they use that as the starting point it may well be 2250 including the North Stand.

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I think you are working that out assuming the stadium capacity is a little over 13k. The capacity was reduced last season to a little over 9k due to safety concerns so if they use that as the starting point it may well be 2250 including the North Stand.

It is about distancing people so I can't see an issue with using a percentage of the number of available seats rather than the overall safe maximum. 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder whether the club's fanbase is back-together within the town  so to speak after the hated Oystons departure? 

6 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I wonder whether the club's fanbase is back-together within the town  so to speak after the hated Oystons departure? 

First off, I've only quoted Unsworth to contribute to this fans are better together rather than split. Yes together is best.

Lets look at the situation I am currently embroiled in, the North stand impasse.

We have a chairman/owner who for me has made mistakes whilst showing some signs of learning. We have an ex owner who systematically stripped the profitable fabric of the club into various companies he created for this sole purpose. Now we have an impasse where the ex owner still holds the profitable fabric and wants to extract more coinage from current owner of the loss making fabric who wants to put out the footballing side. If this was a Christmas panto I know who the villain and hero's would be. Uniquely here at Latics it's the exact opposite.

There are a good wedge of fans seeming to be willing the ex owner to be right in this and the owner who wants to put on the show to be wrong. I find it astonishing. I really do.

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

First off, I've only quoted Unsworth to contribute to this fans are better together rather than split. Yes together is best.

Lets look at the situation I am currently embroiled in, the North stand impasse.

We have a chairman/owner who for me has made mistakes whilst showing some signs of learning. We have an ex owner who systematically stripped the profitable fabric of the club into various companies he created for this sole purpose. Now we have an impasse where the ex owner still holds the profitable fabric and wants to extract more coinage from current owner of the loss making fabric who wants to put out the footballing side. If this was a Christmas panto I know who the villain and hero's would be. Uniquely here at Latics it's the exact opposite.

There are a good wedge of fans seeming to be willing the ex owner to be right in this and the owner who wants to put on the show to be wrong. I find it astonishing. I really do.

It’s a fair point lags, but AL wouldn’t be in this mess if he’d done his homework. And if he had he wouldn’t of come anywhere near us for the reasons you say above. 

It must absolutely kill AL that Blitz is a better businessman. 

18 minutes ago, Lags said:

More like they’re the ugly sisters and we need to find who fits the glass slipper, AL’s 🤡 foot is nowhere near fitting it (oh yes it is OH NO IT ISN’T), he needs to admit he is in over his head and pass the slipper on so that a true fit can be found.       AL put Oldham BEHIND YOU 😂

1 hour ago, Lags said:

This is from the article on the BBC. No mention of an impasse because the landlords want to increase the rent unfairly...

"In late 2019, the club and the OEC each submitted agreements to the SAG but they differ over the right of the club to impose restrictions on how the OEC is operated and who can be admitted to it on matchdays.

With two different safety agreements in place, the council had asked both parties to talk and decide where guidelines can be managed and matched. The OEC offered to meet with the Latics and the SAG to resolve matters, but this meeting was declined by the club unless the OEC first signed its version of the agreement."

2 hours ago, Lags said:

This ain't a dig Lags - but if your mate wasn't on the current board of directors and left at the same time as the previous regime, would you still have the same attitude towards AL??  

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Even under Corney there might have been a groundswell of fans who wouldn't normally buy season tickets buying them to boost the club after all the shite that we've just gone through. 

Orient seem to be another where this has happened. 

Utterly damning that we've sold so few. Does anyone have a number? 

58 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

This ain't a dig Lags - but if your mate wasn't on the current board of directors and left at the same time as the previous regime, would you still have the same attitude towards AL??  

I have good mates, I have mates and I have acquaintances to whom I have good relations. The member of the board you refer to falls in the last bracket. I've repeatedly stated Al for me, has made mistakes and this remains my attitude towards him. What you misconstrue here is, that I am saying no one knows what the talks entailed or what the impasse is about, yet it is OWTB lore that Al is the cause of it. I really don't wish to appear to be picking out Singe, it's just that he's quite vocal on here about this particular subject in apportioning blame all to Al, so I've repeatedly asked him what he knows (facts) that allows him to do this. As of yet.....nothing.

It's all about balance. I don't see a dig no worries oafc 123.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I have good mates, I have mates and I have acquaintances to whom I have good relations. The member of the board you refer to falls in the last bracket. I've repeatedly stated Al for me, has made mistakes and this remains my attitude towards him. What you misconstrue here is, that I am saying no one knows what the talks entailed or what the impasse is about, yet it is OWTB lore that Al is the cause of it. I really don't wish to appear to be picking out Singe, it's just that he's quite vocal on here about this particular subject in apportioning blame all to Al, so I've repeatedly asked him what he knows (facts) that allows him to do this. As of yet.....nothing.

It's all about balance. I don't see a dig no worries oafc 123.

That's a fair response.   Thanks for the reply.

Archived