On 9/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, Behind Closed Doors said:

I have contacted Supporter Services re North Stand

The reply I have received says they cannot give a date for the reopening of the stand because “ the zero rating given to the OEC by Oldham Council has not been lifted”

They claim to be working hard with the Council to resolve the issue. 
ummm

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I don't suppose anyone is going to a football game until at least next year. They will only have to dish out refunds. 

No chance - they're giving you free access to the stream, that'll be their line.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I don't suppose anyone is going to a football game until at least next year. They will only have to dish out refunds. 

By way of contrast

Peterborough

Cardiff 13,000  Av att 21,000 incl away fans

Portsmouth 12,000 Av att 17,804 incl away fans

Bradford 9,000 Av Att 14,309 incl away

Bolton 7,000 11,500 incl away fans and a relegation

Coventry 1,800 Club Memberships Av att 6,600

South Shields v Blyth sold out at 510 for recent friendly, and sold out 600 v York. av att 1,350

So many teams still seeing season tickets holding up well. Don't think Covid has had much of a bearing on ours compared to other issues. Hence the upcoming U turn on the OEC, no doubt blamed on everyone but the owner.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

By way of contrast

Peterborough

Cardiff 13,000  Av att 21,000 incl away fans

Portsmouth 12,000 Av att 17,804 incl away fans

Bradford 9,000 Av Att 14,309 incl away

Bolton 7,000 11,500 incl away fans and a relegation

Coventry 1,800 Club Memberships Av att 6,600

South Shields v Blyth sold out at 510 for recent friendly, and sold out 600 v York. av att 1,350

So many teams still seeing season tickets holding up well. Don't think Covid has had much of a bearing on ours compared to other issues. Hence the upcoming U turn on the OEC, no doubt blamed on everyone but the owner.

I think some will like the idea of watching a live streamed game in the comfort of their home, especially when ice station zebra kicks in.

9 hours ago, disjointed said:

They may make more money from streamed games. There will be more away fans paying to stream each game. They have come to some agreement as  to how the money is shared between the clubs. It won't be the case that the home team gets all the cash, but they may get more than they would have if fans could attend, even if it is less than half price.

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

They may make more money from streamed games. There will be more away fans paying to stream each game. They have come to some agreement as  to how the money is shared between the clubs. It won't be the case that the home team gets all the cash, but they may get more than they would have if fans could attend, even if it is less than half price.

No food and drink, programme, lottery etc sales though. No doubt sponsorship through the floor also.

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

No food and drink, programme, lottery etc sales though. No doubt sponsorship through the floor also.

True. I hadn't thought of that. They had better brighten up the LED boards on Saturday, or they will lose what sponsors they have.

9 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Apparently ALMO were beyond shocked at the number of ST sold (they were warned).

AL is becoming very disillusioned and Dmaarms source is worried that he may soon stop funding the club.

He has recently had 2 bids which he has rejected so I don’t believe he is that close to stopping funding. 

28 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Apparently ALMO were beyond shocked at the number of ST sold (they were warned).

AL is becoming very disillusioned and Dmaarms source is worried that he may soon stop funding the club.

18 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

He has recently had 2 bids which he has rejected so I don’t believe he is that close to stopping funding. 

😂😂. . . and there it is. 

AL - I’ll go you know if they don’t say they’re grateful. 

Phone rings. 

Do want x amount to fuck off? 

Absolutely no chance. Oh, and tell that girl who just walked in - she’s sacked. 

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I got an email to say you can still get a programme from the club shop. Posting them out seems a step too far.

1 hour ago, RoytonLatics said:

Bit slow off the mark here but was anyone else asked to provide their 16 digit number and the CVV off the back of the card to receive their refund? Surely they only need account number and sort code like normal bank transfers? 

Got mentioned on here before. Lunacy 

5 minutes ago, astottie said:

I got an email to say you can still get a programme from the club shop. Posting them out seems a step too far.

From the official website:

‘Matchday programmes will be available to purchase in-store at the Club Shop throughout the year.

Additionally, the club is working hard to make programmes available to buy online, on the Club Shop website to allow fans who can't make it to the ground a chance to get their hands on a copy. When this is confirmed further communication will be published.’

Archived