• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I have it on good authority we have sold 1500 season tickets, whilst obviously down in numbers is considerably more than the rumoured 600

:sauce:?

All the club has to do is put out a statement thanking the (insert number) fans for buying season tickets in these difficult times.

22 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

All the club has to do is put out a statement thanking the (insert number) fans for buying season tickets in these difficult times.

I agree, it would be useful and put an end to people just making up figures. As a trust member i have contacted the trust to see if they could get a confirmed figure from the club too.

19 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I don’t think you could actually trust the club to tell you the truth. They will only put out what they want you to know. Like when they said they had reported the ‘Theft of the North Stand to the police’ but have refused to acknowledge that GMP found it to be complete bollocks. 

I’d hazard a guess that it will be closer to the 600 than the 1500 like Bazza says as they would no doubt have put a positive spin on it along the lines of ‘we have still managed to sell 75% of last years total despite the problems we currently face’ 

Hopefully the clown and his brother are feeling it financially and it persuades themto sell up quick. 

2 minutes ago, nava said:

I don’t think you could actually trust the club to tell you the truth. They will only put out what they want you to know. Like when they said they had reported the ‘Theft of the North Stand to the police’ but have refused to acknowledge that GMP found it to be complete bollocks. 

I’d hazard a guess that it will be closer to the 600 than the 1500 like Bazza says as they would no doubt have put a positive spin on it along the lines of ‘we have still managed to sell 75% of last years total despite the problems we currently face’ 

Hopefully the clown and his brother are feeling it financially and it persuades themto sell up quick. 

And there is the problem, you want the club to put out information and be open and transparent but then you don't believe what is put out so is there any point? 

45 minutes ago, nava said:

The appointment of a new CEO would seem to suggest they’re hanging around a while longer, either that or it’s the last throw of the dice!

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

And there is the problem, you want the club to put out information and be open and transparent but then you don't believe what is put out so is there any point? 

just to clarify, I don’t Want them to put anything out as I don’t trust them, or to be honest give a shit what they say unless it’s letting us know they’re packing their bags. 

Just now, Longlostfan said:

Even going back to the Corney years the club never seems to divulge the amount of ST’s sold and I really cannot understand why?

sorry - fat fingers

early doors i could understand it. Imagine if we were about to pay a transfer fee, you might not want to say we've sold loads of tickets we are rolling in it, why not jack up the price for player x.

Or the alternative someone is for sale for a fee (hard to imagine I know) but saying we've only sold 10 tickets, skint and desperate why don't you give us a low ball offer as we are desperate.

Having said all that attendance figures are pretty visible so its not rocket science to see which clubs are rolling in it and who is skint, so on balance it might be better to say ' we've sold loads, all your mates think its a good day out come and buy one too'

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

I have it on good authority we have sold 1500 season tickets, whilst obviously down in numbers is considerably more than the rumoured 600

That Dmaarms or whatever he is called seems to get a lot right from his "good authority" and the latest was that the owners sacked NA on the grounds that the ST sales were nowhere near what they were expecting and were rumoured to be fewer than 600. 

Given last year's 2500 (widely quoted) and the poor performance on field with our worst league finish for 60 seasons, I am sure the loss of 1000 ST holders would not be considered alarming enough to dispense with her services? 

I do expect the 600 to be much more in line with reality than 1500.     

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Well bear in mind you tried to tell us that the police investigation was ongoing a few weeks ago despite the fact a statement from GMP was released to the press telling us it wasn't Im calling your claim bollocks.

Only a fool would trust the Lemsagams to tell the truth.

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

That Dmaarms or whatever he is called seems to get a lot right from his "good authority" and the latest was that the owners sacked NA on the grounds that the ST sales were nowhere near what they were expecting and were rumoured to be fewer than 600. 

Given last year's 2500 (widely quoted) and the poor performance on field with our worst league finish for 60 seasons, I am sure the loss of 1000 ST holders would not be considered alarming enough to dispense with her services? 

I do expect the 600 to be much more in line with reality than 1500.     

Up to October last year there was an official oafcTICKETS twitter account, and they would let you know how many st had been sold on a regular basis.

Maybe Latics could have slipped the current number into their latest club statement.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well bear in mind you tried to tell us that the police investigation was ongoing a few weeks ago despite the fact a statement from GMP was released to the press telling us it wasn't Im calling your claim bollocks.

Only a fool would trust the Lemsagams to tell the truth.

"I swear by almighty ... to tell the truth, the whole truth and anything but the truth."

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Up to October last year there was an official oafcTICKETS twitter account, and they would let you know how many st had been sold on a regular basis.

Maybe Latics could have slipped the current number into their latest club statement.

Was that around the time Billy left? Wouldn’t be a coincidence if so 

Greetings - The day before the new season starts it is so heartening to see the positive glow that comes from the posts on here. 

Personally, I may not like the state the club is in due to decades (not just a couple of years) of decline and mismanagement and Covid is an absolute nightmare for everyone and their families BUT I am looking forward to seeing (albeit on a screen) seeing the current squad taking the field for Latics. Let's have a repeat of last week's positive display!

Also, good luck to HK, the players and all Latics  fans  (even the ever moaning critics) for a decent season on the pitch.  Finally, thank you to the owners for continuing to pay for this  always loss making football club as I don't see anyone  else leaping to pick up the tab.

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

Greetings - The day before the new season starts it is so heartening to see the positive glow that comes from the posts on here. 

Personally, I may not like the state the club is in due to decades (not just a couple of years) of decline and mismanagement and Covid is an absolute nightmare for everyone and their families BUT I am looking forward to seeing (albeit on a screen) seeing the current squad taking the field for Latics. Let's have a repeat of last week's positive display!

Also, good luck to HK, the players and all Latics  fans  (even the ever moaning critics) for a decent season on the pitch.  Finally, thank you to the owners for continuing to pay for this  always loss making football club as I don't see anyone  else leaping to pick up the tab.

Strange post.  Not the positive spin bit which is good, but the "thanking the owners bit"!  There have been several rumors of offers to buy and take over from AL so done understand your "I don't see anyone else leaping to pick up the tab".

If this present owner stopped treating the fans as just people who turn up to watch.  If he run the club in a more professional way, if he employed more people who understand what that means (hopefully Evans is a start), then he would have reasonable season ticket sales.  If he looked at the best way for the club to benefit from the new stand and partnered with the OEC etc, he wouldn't have to fund the club.  The club budget has been cut so much, it could probably stand on its own 2 feet with all income streams running.  Yes I know the lack of a crowd at present is a big problem for whoever owns the club, but with the fans backing it would all be so much easier!

Archived