4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Strange post.  Not the positive spin bit which is good, but the "thanking the owners bit"!  There have been several rumors of offers to buy and take over from AL so done understand your "I don't see anyone else leaping to pick up the tab".

If this present owner stopped treating the fans as just people who turn up to watch.  If he run the club in a more professional way, if he employed more people who understand what that means (hopefully Evans is a start), then he would have reasonable season ticket sales.  If he looked at the best way for the club to benefit from the new stand and partnered with the OEC etc, he wouldn't have to fund the club.  The club budget has been cut so much, it could probably stand on its own 2 feet with all income streams running.  Yes I know the lack of a crowd at present is a big problem for whoever owns the club, but with the fans backing it would all be so much easier!

Had the game postponed yet? 

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

1,402 sold allegedly 

just seen this on the website now.

Do the club still issue community ST's  and are they excluded/included in the ST figures?

I can't remember if they were ever included in published figures. Anyone else know?

Then again the article does say "sold".

It's incredible [and commendable] that anyone has purchased a season ticket, given the unpredictability of the pandemic and our wayward government guidelines. Is it feasible that every game this season will be behind closed doors? Mind you, if restrictions are lifted, there should be no problem with social distancing at BP.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's incredible [and commendable] that anyone has purchased a season ticket, given the unpredictability of the pandemic and our wayward government guidelines. Is it feasible that every game this season will be behind closed doors? Mind you, if restrictions are lifted, there should be no problem with social distancing at BP.

If it goes on that long, which seems far from impossible, who would be confident that many clubs would survive? 

On 9/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, unsworth blue said:

That Dmaarms or whatever he is called seems to get a lot right from his "good authority" and the latest was that the owners sacked NA on the grounds that the ST sales were nowhere near what they were expecting and were rumoured to be fewer than 600. 

Given last year's 2500 (widely quoted) and the poor performance on field with our worst league finish for 60 seasons, I am sure the loss of 1000 ST holders would not be considered alarming enough to dispense with her services? 

I do expect the 600 to be much more in line with reality than 1500.     

Seems i was nearer the mark than Maarms on this occasion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know what the club's plans are for issuing season tickets? I usually pick mine up from the ticket office. However, if Greater Manchester is moved to Covid tier 2 in a couple of weeks, the club won't want 1,400 supporters descending on the ticket office because we have a home game a few days later!

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Does anyone know what the club's plans are for issuing season tickets? I usually pick mine up from the ticket office. However, if Greater Manchester is moved to Covid tier 2 in a couple of weeks, the club won't want 1,400 supporters descending on the ticket office because we have a home game a few days later!

Don't expect it to be properly thought through. 

51 minutes ago, disjointed said:

51 minutes ago, disjointed said:

if they allow some home fans I expect matches can still be watched on ifollow in the UK.

Might suit me better watching at home rather than braving Ice Station Zebra in January and February.

56 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Be surprised if there is any movement in tiers until at least end of January.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

With us almost certainly not being able to attend a game this season, surely the club will put something in place to refund ST holders. A free stream for home matches doesn't really cut it, does it...?

If you watch all 23 games on iFollow at £10 a pop that amounts to  £230 in total. 

I would say that goes a long way financially to repaying season ticket holders for their loyalty. Of course it can in no way replace or fully compensate fans for the real thing,  but it does mitigate to some extent the unavailability of home games surely? 

These are extraordinary times and I agree its looking highly unlikely that we will get to see a game in the flesh this season -  so some form of additional discount off next season’s prices may be a neat solution. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

If you watch all 23 games on iFollow at £10 a pop that amounts to  £230 in total. 

I would say that goes a long way financially to repaying season ticket holders for their loyalty. Of course it can in no way replace or fully compensate fans for the real thing,  but it does mitigate to some extent the unavailability of home games surely? 

These are extraordinary times and I agree its looking highly unlikely that we will get to see a game in the flesh this season -  so some form of additional discount off next season’s prices may be a neat solution. 

All valid points but I would suggest in law that you paid for something that was not supplied and in all likelihood are entitled to a refund .  The contract might preclude refunds of course as it does transfer but they can’t make it up as they go along 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I'm not sure. One of the "perks" of being a ST holder is getting better value for money than POTD supporters. I don't think £230 worth of ifollow passes justifies the £270 layout that ST holders made in the middle of a global pandemic. From my side, I bought one after being told by the previous CEO that fans would be back in the ground in October. You could argue she saw me coming a mile off, but the less said about her the better...

Archived