2 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

January 2022?..........not a chance of any reduction in tiers this side of April

Mate of mine is a publican and they are working towards reopening early April.

I see they have dismissed rumours elite sport was going to be halted so fully expecting that to happen in the not too distant.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I see they have dismissed rumours elite sport was going to be halted so fully expecting that to happen in the not too distant.

It'll all depend what the figures are like when the "Christmas Party" shit hits the fan.

I'm none too hopeful. 

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It'll all depend what the figures are like when the "Christmas Party" shit hits the fan.

I'm none too hopeful. 

This Christmas Party Stuff

Christmas Day was 17 days ago. If you caught it on Christmas Day you have only got 11 days left to die or you won’t be counted!     if you were exposed to it on Xmas Day you would need to self isolate for 10 days ....you would be out and about for 7 days now.....Christmas Day is a red herring to the bigger picture 

44 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

This Christmas Party Stuff

Christmas Day was 17 days ago. If you caught it on Christmas Day you have only got 11 days left to die or you won’t be counted!     if you were exposed to it on Xmas Day you would need to self isolate for 10 days ....you would be out and about for 7 days now.....Christmas Day is a red herring to the bigger picture 

I'm not sure that all those infected around Christmas will have hit the hospitals yet.

You're also assuming that it hits people immediately they're exposed to it, I don' know whether it does.

Maybe I'm being a bit too pessimistic........... I hope I'm wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm not sure that all those infected around Christmas will have hit the hospitals yet.

You're also assuming that it hits people immediately they're exposed to it, I don' know whether it does.

Maybe I'm being a bit too pessimistic........... I hope I'm wrong. 

Hoping you’re wrong is optimistic surely 😀

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We aren't expecting schools to be fully open for a long time...

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We aren't expecting schools to be fully open for a long time...

And you will be right.....even .if the government meets its Feb 17th deadline for the 4 priority categoties you then have to add 21 days before protection is in place ...that takes it to March 10th. Easter Sunday is 4 April . I would put 50p on schools re opening on 12th April 

It’s bad enough that we have a separate thread on the topic without Covid-19 discussion creeping in to this one as well...👀

One thing I’ve learned over the past ten months is that everyone has an opinion but no-one is an expert when it comes to the virus. 

Anyway...about these season tickets...

There would be an argument that the contract is 'frustrated'. It is not lawful for you to attend, nor can the club allow you in- and may be the case for the whole season. You can reasonably argue that ifollow does not put you in the situation that the contract provided for. Its a very different product.

That said if when this is all over anyone whose only loss has been the price of a season ticket will have done pretty well.

Some gesture from the club in recognition of loyalty might be a good investment on their part- as suggested some future discount maybe.

3 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

There would be an argument that the contract is 'frustrated'. It is not lawful for you to attend, nor can the club allow you in- and may be the case for the whole season. You can reasonably argue that ifollow does not put you in the situation that the contract provided for. Its a very different product.

That said if when this is all over anyone whose only loss has been the price of a season ticket will have done pretty well.

Some gesture from the club in recognition of loyalty might be a good investment on their part- as suggested some future discount maybe.

Anyone who bought a season ticket for this season, to get 50 quid discount for a ticket next season would be a decent gesture I guess. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s bad enough that we have a separate thread on the topic without Covid-19 discussion creeping in to this one as well...👀

One thing I’ve learned over the past ten months is that everyone has an opinion but no-one is an expert when it comes to the virus. 

Anyway...about these season tickets...

The problem is that when Covid is involved ma\ny think that they are THE expert

On 1/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, Monty Burns said:

Anybody who purchased a season ticket with the intention of actually attending a match was a bit of an over optimistic idiot IMO. Season tickets purchased this season in the capacity other than an altruistic donation to the club was just bonkers.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, Monty Burns said:

Anybody who purchased a season ticket with the intention of actually attending a match was, with the benefit of hindsight, a bit of an over optimistic idiot IMO. Season tickets purchased this season in the capacity other than an altruistic donation to the club was just bonkers.

ftfy

On 1/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

From my side, I bought one after being told by the previous CEO that fans would be back in the ground in October. You could argue she saw me coming a mile off, but the less said about her the better...

I don't think she saw you coming a mile off. That was the EFL's view for quite a number of months in the summer. That will have been based on government advice, which we now know was being dictated by people who had made the wrong judgement on herd immunity, as opposed to the experts paid to give advice. 

Some grounds were able to host fans in September / October. I don't think any blame can be placed on football club staff when the League was following advice from the government who were following advice from experts who made the wrong judgement ahead of the Committee the government pays to provide advice. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

1402 Sold

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/september/12092020-season-ticket-update/

But let’s not let the truth get in the way eh? 

so about half the normal amount? Lets not let the truth get in the way tho eh?

I genuinely thought it had the potential to bring down the current world order, the season before was called off early and there was a product on sale with the clear chance that it would not be possible to use it for its stated purpose.

Not sure what your beef is and not sure why youre trying to belittle me over it, but youre aiming in the wrong direction pal. 

Are you just upset bc you feel l called you stupid? awww fuckin diddums.

Oxford v Cambridge Boat race tickets should be on sale soon, go and buy one of them treat yourself 😂😂😂

Archived