Sorry to ask again but whilst I agree with much of the sentiment on this thread, I still do not understand why the North stand safety issues are not dealt with the owners? The owners are not AL, he is the one supposedly trying to buy it?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a telephone conversation with Natalie and exchanged emails but without answers to my questions, 

All I would like to know is how refunds from last season will  be paid . I dont think it unreasonable to offset  this against a 2020 /2021 ticket and pay the balance.

Also  how will the Club deal with season ticket holders when games are played behind closed doors.

Until then my money is staying where it is

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Let's have it right, a lack of interaction is not the reason for the drop in ticket sales, folk are just bored of being shit.

Our attendances have been bleeding away over the last 10/15 years because more and more people get bored of being shit.  So I'd accept that a 10/20% drop off would be because of that.

But season ticket sales have dropped off a cliff this summer, I'd say that's due to a lot more than just folk being bored.

23 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Sorry to ask again but whilst I agree with much of the sentiment on this thread, I still do not understand why the North stand safety issues are not dealt with the owners? The owners are not AL, he is the one supposedly trying to buy it?

As Barry himself as so eloquently put - on a match day the responsibility of the stand is that of the person holding the Safety Certificate - that person is Mr Abdallah Lemsagem.  It’s the whole reason he said he would be kicking doors down if needed.

the stand was able to be open for people to get a butty and a pint before hand and for any events the OEC wanted to run so clearly what the landlords want to use it for is safe - like I said earlier 12 months to unchain a door? Something stinks and I’m not referring to Barry after a Balti pie 

Just for the perspective, my in-laws are Leeds Rhinos season ticket holders and I occasionally go with them (by no means a Leeds fan!). They bought me a 3 game ‘membership’ at Christmas, and since lockdown I’ve had several emails and letters regarding ticketing and refund updates. I’ve just had a pin badge and club shop voucher sent in the post as a thank you for my support, even though I chose to carry over my tickets as credit.

If they were going to open the North Stand we would know by now. By playing a political game with the OEC all they are doing is losing fans. They pay rent for the whole stadium on matchdays which includes the North Stand.

When I said they pay rent I should have said allegedly 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Our attendances have been bleeding away over the last 10/15 years because more and more people get bored of being shit.  So I'd accept that a 10/20% drop off would be because of that.

But season ticket sales have dropped off a cliff this summer, I'd say that's due to a lot more than just folk being bored.

No doubt there are a combination of reasons but I can't believe that a lack of content on the website figures highly amongst them.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No doubt there are a combination of reasons but I can't believe that a lack of content on the website figures highly amongst them.

To be fair, they’ve done a sterling job of taking nearly a week to drip feed transcripts of the new player interviews they made available on video for free...

58 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course not.  But all that sort of stuff adds up to giving an impression of apathy toward the fans from the club.  So no wonder that feeling is getting returned.

7 hours ago, another fan said:

I have had a telephone conversation with Natalie and exchanged emails but without answers to my questions, 

All I would like to know is how refunds from last season will  be paid . I dont think it unreasonable to offset  this against a 2020 /2021 ticket and pay the balance.

Also  how will the Club deal with season ticket holders when games are played behind closed doors.

Until then my money is staying where it is

Refunds from last season are being paid back onto your card.

All you had to do to is put your card number, expiry date and the three digit number in an email to the club. That will then sit in an email inbox ready to be processed at a later date.

Not sure what was more bizarre - the fact the club sent an email asking for it or the fact that some people have done it.

45 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

All you had to do to is put your card number, expiry date and the three digit number in an email to the club. That will then sit in an email inbox ready to be processed at a later date.

Not sure what was more bizarre - the fact the club sent an email asking for it or the fact that some people have done it.

I refused to email those details. I now have to wait for them to ring me to get them over the phone. 

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

Good god, really?? 

6 hours ago, jsslatic said:

True story.

If there's anyone out there who'd likes to send me their bank account details along with passport and NI numbers my email address is

hahasuckeri'mofftothebahamas@you'vebeenhad.com

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If there's anyone out there who'd likes to send me their bank account details along with passport and NI numbers my email address is

hahasuckeri'mofftothebahamas@you'vebeenhad.com

I told them it wasn't secure and asked them to do a bank transfer and they insisted it had to be on the card. I'm expecting a call, hopefully next week. 

9 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Most of the other clubs in the EFL have been offering refunds too: it would be interesting to see if their fans have had to hand over this information too...

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It's a seat with a view of the pitch, does what the other 3 stands does. Dont really get the fuss.

it’s a lot more comfortable than the shed on the opposite side and the fuss is the fans once again being treated like shit.  We have one of the best stands in the league and it’s going to be pissing empty again with the cameras on it every week 

It's also been mentioned that the first few games (at least) could have fans socially distancing. If they used every other row, and every other seat, it would reduce BP's capacity to just over 2,000 using only 3 stands!

Last season ended in mid-March, so the club has had 5 months to sort the problem out!

:ranting:

Archived