17/18 Club accounts update at C.House

51 minutes ago, underdog said:

Defo......just look at the skills she has and for free......why the hell would you NOT want to tap into this, especially as money being tight.

Just the critical friend the Trust mentioned, she also would make an excellent Trust rep if the role came up before next years election. 

underdog

Youre already wanting to pile more work on the lady and its less difficult to be a ‘critical friend’ if youre not too close to what youre reviewing 

45 minutes ago, tGWB said:

underdog

Youre already wanting to pile more work on the lady and its less difficult to be a ‘critical friend’ if youre not too close to what youre reviewing 

True, but she has those skills not get bogged down and slice through "stuff" to get to the facts.

She has skills as a trade union negotiator and mediator....hmmmmm

3 hours ago, underdog said:

True, but she has those skills not get bogged down and slice through "stuff" to get to the facts.

She has skills as a trade union negotiator and mediator....hmmmmm

5 hours ago, singe said:

And the other thing I  hope is that the club recognise that Phillipa is actually helping them and work with her rather than seeing her as a threat.

Philippa seems very capable and has given the Trust the first signs of positive momentum with the club for quite some time

If she is as good as you suggest, her priorities will be keeping on top of the clubs finances as a 'critical and helpful friend' whilst restructuring the Trust

You have posted many times on OWTB yourself underdog, how difficult it was for the Trust volunteers to have to juggle as many jobs and responsibilities as they had 

49 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Philippa seems very capable and has given the Trust the first signs of positive momentum with the club for quite some time

If she is as good as you suggest, her priorities will be keeping on top of the clubs finances as a 'critical and helpful friend' whilst restructuring the Trust

You have posted many times on OWTB yourself underdog, how difficult it was for the Trust volunteers to have to juggle as many jobs and responsibilities as they had 

The danger is the club could potentially argue Phillipa not attend and access be limited to the Trust Rep. We are all too aware of his reactions to anyone that does not bow to his magificence.

Pete Wild says in his interview that the club owns the training grounds. It doesn't own 'Little Wembley', so I presume he means Chapel Rd., which I thought the council owned. Maybe that is most of the £1.6m of tangible assets.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Pete Wild says in his interview that the club owns the training grounds. It doesn't own 'Little Wembley', so I presume he means Chapel Rd., which I thought the council owned. Maybe that is most of the £1.6m of tangible assets.

I think Pete's mistaken. Thought the Council leased us Chapel Road.

18/19 Accounts now published.

Less bad than I imiagined.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history/MzI2ODMwNzMwNWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

NB We owe within the year £4.5m not £45m oops! 😵

Creditors total we owe money to £6.3m

We're owe £800k.

Still not certain what the £2m asset in the form of a building or land  is, that is what notionally takes it down to £4.5m, but we have a lease in the form of £1.7m now.

1 hour ago, singe said:

18/19 Accounts now published.

Less bad than I imiagined.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history/MzI2ODMwNzMwNWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

NB We owe within the year £4.5m not £45m oops! 😵

Creditors total we owe money to £6.3m

We're owe £800k.

Still not certain what the £2m asset in the form of a building or land  is, that is what notionally takes it down to £4.5m, but we have a lease in the form of £1.7m now.

Looks like HRMC were investigating taxes and customs duties in 2016 which had not been disclosed to them, or shown in the 2017 accounts. This currently under review, and a contingency has been set aside. Director loans have also risen around £500k.

I had a shock then Singe when you said we had to pay £45m within a year, until I read on.

As you say we've still got land and buildings somewhere valued at just under £1.5m.

I wonder if Phillipa has scrutinised these accounts yet.

so glad that the club have listened to Trust Director Philippa Whittaker reasoning and advice on the FRS 102 bit, as they are now quoting it in the accounts

Interesting to note the comment about the HMRC raid in 2017 has been concluded in Jan this year and the club notified in March this year.

This is before Al's ownership but there is now a formal review.

Archived