North Stand

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on 1 of two things: 

1) if the club buys the stand/stadium it will be open.

2) if an SLA is signed between OEC and OAFC (and other safety concerns are met) it will be open. 

As it stands, neither of those have been achieved (as I understand it). 

9 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Does anyone know if the North Stand will be open for next season. I've e-mail the club to ask this question but I have had no reply.

The club is offering season tickets for the stand so I would say yes.

Seats can be renewed or bought in the Main Stand and Jimmy Frizzell Stand (Rochdale Road End, which includes the Family Stand section) and now the Joe Royle Stand (North Stand).

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/information/

36 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Thanks for the replies. My worry is that the club have not replied to any of my e-mails.

All start are on furlough except Natalie Atkinson.  Unless you are writing to her, it may explain the lack of a reply.

Please let us know if you do hear anything if you don’t mind.

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

How you can still not confirm that the North Stand will be open when once again you’ve already been selling ST’s in there!!

maybe the SAG stuff has not been completed from January? or have I missed an update?

And of course, the possible owner buying the stadium etc from the landlord too? Are we due an update in July?

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

maybe the SAG stuff has not been completed from January? or have I missed an update?

And of course, the possible owner buying the stadium etc from the landlord too? Are we due an update in July?

It's not essential work at present so I can't imagine an inspection has taken place.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If you’re selling tickets for the said stand then that should be confirmation surely. Another North Stand debacle this coming season would probably finish this club off!!

I think the Covid has changed things somewhat bruv.

Having read on oafc1955's posting on another thread, he said that after a conversation with Natalie Atkinson that she can't guarantee that the North Stand will be open, the club have finally p**sed me off.

How can these f**kwits run a club like this!!

I've been watching Latics for over 50 years and had a season ticket for over 30 years.

I am now not renewing 4 season tickets and 2 car park tickets.

The place is a f**king shambles.

Get rid of Coco and the rest of the clowns 

25 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Having read on oafc1955's posting on another thread, he said that after a conversation with Natalie Atkinson that she can't guarantee that the North Stand will be open, the club have finally p**sed me off.

How can these f**kwits run a club like this!!

I've been watching Latics for over 50 years and had a season ticket for over 30 years.

I am now not renewing 4 season tickets and 2 car park tickets.

The place is a f**king shambles.

Get rid of Coco and the rest of the clowns 

How could she possibly guarantee it now after what's gone on for the last few months? 

Serious Question:

Can anyone confirm that the North Stand has been passed as safe and fit for purpose yet by the Council Safety authorities ?

A local council doesn't shut down a stand at its local football club for a minor safety breach

Don't you think as supporters we should be advised:

• What were the safety breaches that the council deemed it so unsafe for supporters, that they instructed, it could not be used on match days
  • Have those safety breaches been removed
  • Who was responsible for undertaking the improvement works
  • Can the improvement works be evidenced as completed
  • What systems have been put in place to prevent any future safety breaches

As customers of the club, I don't think its too much to ask that the club publishes the 'paper trail' answering these simple questions and additionally the necessary certification from the Council Safety Authorities that supporters safety in the North Stand can be assured

The usual 'it wasn't our fault, it was their fault' between Brassbank, the OEC  and the Club simply isn't good enough.

When the safety of our supporters is at risk, we need to see the documented evidence to satisfy our collective concerns

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Serious Question:

Can anyone confirm that the North Stand has been passed as safe and fit for purpose yet by the Council Safety authorities ?

A local council doesn't shut down a stand at its local football club for a minor safety breach

Don't you think as supporters we should be advised:

• What were the safety breaches that the council deemed it so unsafe for supporters, that they instructed, it could not be used on match days
  • Have those safety breaches been removed
  • Who was responsible for undertaking the improvement works
  • Can the improvement works be evidenced as completed
  • What systems have been put in place to prevent any future safety breaches

As customers of the club, I don't think its too much to ask that the club publishes the 'paper trail' answering these simple questions and additionally the necessary certification from the Council Safety Authorities that supporters safety in the North Stand can be assured

The usual 'it wasn't our fault, it was their fault' between Brassbank, the OEC  and the Club simply isn't good enough.

When the safety of our supporters is at risk, we need to see the documented evidence to satisfy our collective concerns

Seems highly unlikely it will have been anyone's priority for the last three months

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seems highly unlikely it will have been anyone's priority for the last three months

Yet Dave, the club is selling Season Tickets for the North Stand

You would think it might encourage supporters who would prefer to sit in the North Stand to buy Season Tickets if they had it evidenced by the club that it was safe

The construction trade or fire protection service contractors haven't shut down through the lockdown so you could argue that if it was a priority, that it could fairly easily have been undertaken

20 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Yet Dave, the club is selling Season Tickets for the North Stand

You would think it might encourage supporters who would prefer to sit in the North Stand to buy Season Tickets if they had it evidenced by the club that it was a safe

The construction trade or fire protection service contractors haven't shut down through the lockdown so you could argue that if it was a priority, that it could fairly easily have been undertaken

It’s a moot point as very few people, if any, will be buying a season ticket (in the North Stand or anywhere else for that matter) until they know when the new season will start and whether fans will be allowed in the ground when it does.  The club know that which is why they have extended the “early bird” discount until the new season kicks off.

I suspect that the previous safety concerns will have been satisfactorily resolved now that AL has accepted the rental terms, paid up the arrears, paid off the mortgage debenture and agreed a purchase price for the ground.  

I’m all for bashing the AL regime but with this and the options available to 2019/ 2020 season ticket holders, I think the club are handling this as well as can be expected in these unprecedented times.

8 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I suspect that the previous safety concerns will have been satisfactorily resolved now that AL has accepted the rental terms, paid up the arrears, paid off the mortgage debenture and agreed a purchase price for the ground.  

Fair comments as usual 

With respect though, its not good enough us just thinking the safety concerns have been satisfactorily resolved 

Surely we can agree that the onus is on the club to qualify why the Council prohibited the use of the North Stand on match days, furthermore,  evidence it  is now safe and fit for purpose and certified as such by the Council Safety Authorities 

Not a big ask surely 

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

If its open then it safe and the council have given it a green light, if it's not safe it wont be open...

You’re a trusting soul 😉

It might be worth noting that it was presented as safe before the council had it closed for use on match days 

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

Fair comments as usual 

With respect though, its not good enough us just thinking the safety concerns have been satisfactorily resolved 

Surely we can agree that the onus is on the club to qualify why the Council prohibited the use of the North Stand on match days, furthermore,  evidence it  is now safe and fit for purpose and certified as such by the Council Safety Authorities 

Not a big ask surely 

Frustrating as it may be, it probably is a big ask.  There will be numerous other priorities for the one (yes one) person who hasn’t been furloughed and is still working.  Particularly as nobody currently knows when spectators will be allowed into football grounds again and so this will be way down the to-do-list.  

What if the first half of next season is played behind closed doors?  Presumably there will have been no upkeep or maintenance for a few months so what state will be whole ground be in and who will have fixed the previous issues in the North Stand?

The chances are that some form of social distancing will be required when they re-open so presumably all clubs will have to go through the whole Safety Certification process again in conjunction with the Authorities but this time, for all four stands?  It’s far from simple.

I would presume that any safety issues with the North Stand have been rectified as the OEC would want to open their own facilities no match days when the season resumes.

The club pay rent to Brassbank for the whole of the ground. They don't pay extra for the North Stand. The only reason not to open the stand would be for them to make "political points" against the OEC and doing so pee off the fans again! 

Archived