North Stand

26 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Sorry oafc1955 - are you saying AL has called in the police or Blitz has? 

Heard (not sure how right it is) that police are investigating but not sure whether its AL or Blitz who is under review  

May I ask what the police are now investigating? I have in my head that:

1) North stand ownership/funding - No police investigation recently confirmed. May/June? 

2) HMRC - Formal review to be done (club advised in March) with regards to monies from 2016? This relates to the HMRC raid in November 2017 - pre Al. This is documented in the 2018/19 accounts submitted at CH. This is Corney's ownership

3) Blitz administration case Feb this year - Was for outstanding monies with regards to Debenture (approx £350k from memory, and outstanding rent £166K)? Court agreed to postpone until July? Debenture has been paid now. So my brain say its the rent outstanding.

Have I missed anything?

Why would Blitz call the police? surely it would be lawyers and courts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Sorry oafc1955 - are you saying AL has called in the police or Blitz has? 

Heard (not sure how right it is) that police are investigating but not sure whether its AL or Blitz who is under review  

Another snippet from twitter....I wonder if there’s something in this?

Sounds like Blitz or FLG have made a complaint...

Well it looks like the owners attempts to discredit certain people over the North Stand ownership/ running could bite him in the arse it looks like they’ve now involved the Police

28 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes, fellow latics fans who know me have forwarded this on already. Nothing like a right to reply eh.

Kevin has a history with the Trust that includes two complaints registered at the club with regards to his behaviour. One from myself in 2018  (no acknowledgement by the club by the way) and one by a previous director.

Last time I saw him he attended the Trust January with Mike Halliwell and another chap. He asked questions, we answered them. It was raised about my catering trailer (all the trust team were aware about my business plan as I had been working on it over a year and was unemployed). It was explained I was not opening on match days and it was going to be discussed in the Trust meeting afterwards.  As far as I am aware he walked away happy with the answers given to him by the Trust team.

With regards to the meeting notes, I find it very interesting that he knew that these notes were being held up and he knew that it was me who was stand in secretary at the time and who had done them?  I don't think we state who has taken the notes. I wonder how he found this out?......hmmmmmm.

However, he is not far off the truth,.The process at the time was that the draft meeting notes are sent out within 10 days of the meeting with a request for any feedback/changes. The 2nd draft is then sent out again 7 days before our next meeting, ready for approval. Done within a month ready to go on the website.

December, January and February meeting notes were and still are (Feb has yet to be published) were delayed by a fellow director NOT happy with my wording on some stuff and missed that we had not discussed certain set questions. I hold my hands up, I am only human...hence why they are sent out for feedback first, then have to be approved.

December meeting notes - It as raised at the Feb meeting that they still had not been approved. This director was instructed by the acting chair to look at and approve my draft with his amendments by mid Feb. This was not done at the time and I noted this in my handover when I resigned on 21st Feb. From memory, they have now been published in June

January meeting notes - Late feedback by this Director was given to me on the afternoon of the Feb meeting. I advised the Trust board of this in the meeting and I would re-draft them and send them out for approval at the end of that week, which I did. I had resigned by the March meeting but again, in my handover that they need to be approved. The acting Trust chair contacted me a few weeks ago with regards to getting them sorted and agreed wording. They have now been published on the Trust website and I have pinned it in the Trust section above. This meeting was extremely difficult for a number of reasons, fan complaint and investigation, never mind Club's hostile response to our our letter of complaint and what our next steps

February meeting notes - Yes I was the note taker and drafted the notes before I resigned. Again, not the most pleasant meeting. These are again on my handover notes and yet to be published. These ideally, need to be published before the AGM so members and fans can read a whole 12 months and help make informed decision when voting (members vote)

Now bearing in mind the character assignation of me above,  how totally useless I have been for the 5 years of being a Trust director and how  easy I have manipulated fellow directors who run business in their own right, have degrees and experience waaayyyyy beyond me......makes you wonder why the current acting chair has asked me to return.

It must be the mind control and my evil cunning plan of world domination.......I am surprised that I have not been blamed for Covid.

Seriously though,  I would hope fans who know me and those that I have corresponded on here with, would make up their own minds of the kind of person I am.....Well I hope 

Im surprised he hasn't blamed you for the fact none of the players pay any attention to his "coaching" from the front row of the North Stand over the last couple of years.

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Well it looks like the owners attempts to discredit certain people over the North Stand ownership/ running could bite him in the arse it looks like they’ve now involved the Police

You would only go to the police over a criminal prosecution you would not go to the police on a  unpaid bill or even slander charge. It seems far fetched that.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

ohhhhhh.........I am putting two and two together and could be soooooooooooooo very wrong.

Ex directors at the time of 2016? and the contractor who built the North stand?

Now we were all aware of legal letters issued, but I wonder what the "discredit" were.......so this is new and may have come out since the Police NOT investigating these people anymore?

Yikes

added: I do remember vaguely hearing that Blitz had served paperwork onto Club directors with regards to defamation of character in public domain. No proof mind you and it was about the time lots of legal paperwork was flying about....maybe Oct/Nov time last year

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im surprised he hasn't blamed you for the fact none of the players pay any attention to his "coaching" from the front row of the North Stand over the last couple of years.

aahhhh...well, that could be another me. As shortly after I resigned from the Trust I was a victim of ID theft in March

And by someone at an address a stones throw from BP and were this house is.....this could very well be heard from the front row

I find that odd, I was a victim of ID theft not from a another country far, far away....but from someone living next to BP. 

A strange co-incidence maybe

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

AL still owes Blitz 80k - not sure the police are involved in this.

52 minutes ago, underdog said:

(all the trust team were aware about my business plan as I had been working on it over a year and was unemployed). It was explained I was not opening on match days and it was going to be discussed in the Trust meeting afterwards.  As far as I am aware he walked away happy with the answers given to him by the Trust team.

Our esteemed FD is telling folk that the Trust Rep on the board had no idea about this.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Our esteemed FD is telling folk that the Trust Rep on the board had no idea about this.

odd....I never hid that for over 12 months I was working on this adventure as I was being made redundant. However I did have two locations early on. BP and Mumps bridge

A site at BP  was discussed as early as October 2018. Initially with the Trust people in the room when we met the landlords over something else.  So I never hid it at that early stage. The landlords even had a plan of BP with them and we discussed locations with trust people still mingling in the room.  In fact the Trust rep got me Mr Gazal's email for me after this meeting to have a direct line of comms with.

I am sure I even posted a survey monkey link on here about June 2019 for feedback on a catering unit at BP and if fans would use it on match days and what foods/drinks  you would like to see, for my business plan. So it was in the public domain for all to see that this was something I was considering.

I am pretty sure most Trust people asked me how I as doing with the venture every time we met, when I was going to open etc.....well I think they realised I could be doing most of the Trust stuff much longer when I was up and running full time hahah.....but also being genuine and polite. 

I even put in the Trust Whats app group on Sat 28th Dec a photo when I was in situ at BP. I even took a call from Barry late that Saturday evening (my hubby was not impressed) over it too. So I get that the club only became aware I was there on that day, however my lease was with the landlord who owned the land I was on, not the club.

I will be honest at the time, myself and my business partner were looking at opening up on match days, but decided against it after speaking with the club MD. MD seemed ok that we were open on non-match days only.

Bearing in mind that the lease was with the landlord. I had landlords permission to be there and they did NOT stipulate that I had to close on match days.

Maybe the Trust rep's memory is like mine.....I sometimes can't remember what I did this morning never mind last week.

I do find it odd that if you are right, the club FD is still bringing my little catering trailer up even now?. I resigned from the Trust in Feb, I closed it due to Covid in March  after 3 months of trading and removed it from site beginning of June. Wow, what a massive threat I must be eh.....

5 hours ago, yarddogs said:

It’s the guy on Twitter he’s very rarely wrong with his tweets are you aware of Chuckle bad mouthing you ?

0D91209A-4029-42F6-8D75-5F6DBE19A847.png

This ignorant pillock should go back to school and learn English, because that rant looks like it's been written by a primary school kid.

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

This ignorant pillock should go back to school and learn English, because that rant looks like it's been written by a primary school kid.

That is an insult to primary school kids....  

Underdog...... the majority appreciate the hard work, dedication and balanced updates you have provided. 

21 minutes ago, Whitts said:

That is an insult to primary school kids....  

Underdog...... the majority appreciate the hard work, dedication and balanced updates you have provided. 

Thank you.

Its quite upsetting and distressing to see yourself slated in a public domain, for those who know you to read as well and without the right to reply, minimum.

The world of social media eh. It can have a serious effect on one's mental well being....I am mental enough mind

4 hours ago, underdog said:

aahhhh...well, that could be another me. As shortly after I resigned from the Trust I was a victim of ID theft in March

And by someone at an address a stones throw from BP and were this house is.....this could very well be heard from the front row

I find that odd, I was a victim of ID theft not from a another country far, far away....but from someone living next to BP. 

A strange co-incidence maybe

Could be worth a chat with the police.

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

Thank you.

Its quite upsetting and distressing to see yourself slated in a public domain, for those who know you to read as well and without the right to reply, minimum.

The world of social media eh. It can have a serious effect on one's mental well being....I am mental enough mind

underdog 

I dont know the individual ‘Kevin Birkett’ but reading his post, I wouldnt think his opinion holds much water.

Saying that, my advice would be, not to feel compelled to post a defence on a forum.

Sometimes, less said is best

Folk who know you wouldnt give his post any credibility. 

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Could be worth a chat with the police.

I have logged it with expedia/clear score and passed over the address and persons details.....after I knocked on the door and explained who I was, what I knew and what I was going to do.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I have logged it with expedia/clear score and passed over the address and persons details.....after I knocked on the door and explained who I was, what I knew and what I was going to do.

Hi underdog - for maximum protection I would advise you to do a "protective registration" with cifas (formerly Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System). That way you will be protected via all the credit reference agencies (i.e. not just Experian) and be alerted should anyone apply for credit of any kind under your assumed identity. Fraud may also be present here if you have the evidence. There does not have to be any loss for a fraud to be proved, merely the intention by the person to make a gain or cause a loss. You would need to log it via Action Fraud first; obtain their reference and then do "a call for service" via the police if the evidence is sufficient. Good luck whatever you do.

7 hours ago, underdog said:

Yes, fellow latics fans who know me have forwarded this on already. Nothing like a right to reply eh.

Kevin has a history with the Trust that includes two complaints registered at the club with regards to his behaviour. One from myself in 2018  (no acknowledgement by the club by the way) and one by a previous director.

Last time I saw him he attended the Trust January with Mike Halliwell and another chap. He asked questions, we answered them. It was raised about my catering trailer (all the trust team were aware about my business plan as I had been working on it over a year and was unemployed). It was explained I was not opening on match days and it was going to be discussed in the Trust meeting afterwards.  As far as I am aware he walked away happy with the answers given to him by the Trust team.

With regards to the meeting notes, I find it very interesting that he knew that these notes were being held up and he knew that it was me who was stand in secretary at the time and who had done them?  I don't think we state who has taken the notes. I wonder how he found this out?......hmmmmmm.

However, he is not far off the truth,.The process at the time was that the draft meeting notes are sent out within 10 days of the meeting with a request for any feedback/changes. The 2nd draft is then sent out again 7 days before our next meeting, ready for approval. Done within a month ready to go on the website.

December, January and February meeting notes were and still are (Feb has yet to be published) were delayed by a fellow director NOT happy with my wording on some stuff and missed that we had not discussed certain set questions. I hold my hands up, I am only human...hence why they are sent out for feedback first, then have to be approved.

December meeting notes - It as raised at the Feb meeting that they still had not been approved. This director was instructed by the acting chair to look at and approve my draft with his amendments by mid Feb. This was not done at the time and I noted this in my handover when I resigned on 21st Feb. From memory, they have now been published in June

January meeting notes - Late feedback by this Director was given to me on the afternoon of the Feb meeting. I advised the Trust board of this in the meeting and I would re-draft them and send them out for approval at the end of that week, which I did. I had resigned by the March meeting but again, in my handover that they need to be approved. The acting Trust chair contacted me a few weeks ago with regards to getting them sorted and agreed wording. They have now been published on the Trust website and I have pinned it in the Trust section above. This meeting was extremely difficult for a number of reasons, fan complaint and investigation, never mind Club's hostile response to our our letter of complaint and what our next steps

February meeting notes - Yes I was the note taker and drafted the notes before I resigned. Again, not the most pleasant meeting. These are again on my handover notes and yet to be published. These ideally, need to be published before the AGM so members and fans can read a whole 12 months and help make informed decision when voting (members vote)

Now bearing in mind the character assignation of me above,  how totally useless I have been for the 5 years of being a Trust director and how  easy I have manipulated fellow directors who run business in their own right, have degrees and experience waaayyyyy beyond me......makes you wonder why the current acting chair has asked me to return.

It must be the mind control and my evil cunning plan of world domination.......I am surprised that I have not been blamed for Covid.

Seriously though,  I would hope fans who know me and those that I have corresponded on here with, would make up their own minds of the kind of person I am.....Well I hope 

I can barely understand what he is trying to say.  I wouldn't worry, hes obviously a complete muppet!

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Hi underdog - for maximum protection I would advise you to do a "protective registration" with cifas (formerly Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System). That way you will be protected via all the credit reference agencies (i.e. not just Experian) and be alerted should anyone apply for credit of any kind under your assumed identity. Fraud may also be present here if you have the evidence. There does not have to be any loss for a fraud to be proved, merely the intention by the person to make a gain or cause a loss. You would need to log it via Action Fraud first; obtain their reference and then do "a call for service" via the police if the evidence is sufficient. Good luck whatever you do.

Yes thank you and very good advice.

I did do this at the time and passed this onto them as a possible Data protection breach with information I had collated on the people at this address.

Archived