Trust Q & A with Peter Wild

1 hour ago, underdog said:

To be fair, they did put it on the Trust twitter and Trust FB page.

Usually, they contact the membership as well, but I don't seem to have had an email recently.

I believe the manager Dino is the next one up....possible this Thursday.

Got my questions in:

Have we announced our released players list yet ?

What are our intentions regarding playing squad numbers ?

What are our realistic expectations on final league position in 20/21 ?

What are we doing with our Youth set up ?

Just didnt get the why thr Trust would interview Pete Wild, love him for Fulham away but he couldnt offer anything  to our supporters but go over old ground 

Dino interview will hopefully give us an insight into next season 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Got my questions in:

Have we announced our released players list yet ?

What are our intentions regarding playing squad numbers ?

What are our realistic expectations on final league position in 20/21 ?

What are we doing with our Youth set up ?

Just didnt get the why thr Trust would interview Pete Wild, love him for Fulham away but he couldnt offer anything  to our supporters but go over old ground 

Dino interview will hopefully give us an insight into next season 

All pretty futile questions until there is certainty over how next season starts.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

All pretty futile questions until there is certainty over how next season starts.

With pubs and restaurants opening early July, I reckon football will start the new season in September with limited numbers of spectators inside stadiums but its not past the wit of man, certainly in the likes of League One and League Two to make that safe with most stadiums being all seaters 

Keep this post and take the piss if I am wrong though 😂👍

Whats your prediction then ? 

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

With pubs and restaurants opening early July, I reckon football will start the new season in September with limited numbers of spectators inside stadiums but its not past the wit of man, certainly in the likes of League One and League Two to make that safe with most stadiums being all seaters 

Keep this post and take the piss if I am wrong though 😂👍

Whats your prediction then ? 

Would agree, think you are looking at limited capacity, ticket only entry.

Struggling to see how lower leagues can start under that scenario though unless there is a subsidy from somewhere.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would agree, think you are looking at limited capacity, ticket only entry.

Struggling to see how lower leagues can start under that scenario though unless there is a subsidy from somewhere.

The 2m rule is to be reduced to 1m anytime soon

The likes of the majestic Boundary Park being an all seater stadia could comfortably seat 4-5,000 even with seating restrictions and most certainly the 3-3,500 we normally get through the turnstiles

Row A vacant 

Row B vacant > fan > vacant > fan 

Row C vacant 

Row D vacant > fan > vacant > fan 

Folk are sat with friends and family so cant see it being a problem

Polite clapping in response to a goal maybe 😂

20 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The distance thing is less of an issue when sitting in seats. More when going in, leaving, half time drinks/food, toilets etc. 

Agree but not beyond sorting 

70% or league one clubs and the whole of league two can’t start the season without crowds and I can’t see that happening soon. 

I work in the music industry and I’d be very surprised if any events with 500+ people will go ahead before November. Everything I was working on and involved in up to  Christmas has been postponed until 2021. Drive in shows are coming this summer with live nation but the red tape, health & safety etc and cost to make those happen and safe is mad. 

Of course things can change and of course a vaccine changes everything but all feels pretty risky still as it stands! 

On 6/20/2020 at 10:13 PM, latics22 said:

He left a year ago 

Left at the start of the season having held talks with the owner and the board about the possibility of taking the role permanently.

Wild then left, went to Halifax in the National League and will speak to other managers about their budgets/expectations.

As such, Wild will have had an idea what budget he’d have had to play with had he taken the job at Latics and will have been able to compare following talking to fellow National League managers.

Of course, things could have changed beyond him leaving Oldham (I.e. the budget)

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The Trust’s Q&A session with Dino tonight which was rearranged from last week has been cancelled again.

Don't think it’s a happy camp just now!

When's the last time it was, I wonder...

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The Trust’s Q&A session with Dino tonight which was rearranged from last week has been cancelled again.

I too, am sulking over McCann’s release.

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Is Dino annoyed at losing McCann and having to possibly keep Engone and Maouch?

Archived