Playing squad, summer 2020

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take a mild interest nowadays in the club I was fanatical about for decades. Can someone please remind me; when was it our latest saviour said we aimed to be back in the Championship? I recall some "plan" or other with mention of it. I may be mistaken and he may only have been reaching for the giddy heights of the division from which he got us very swiftly relegated. 

19 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I take a mild interest nowadays in the club I was fanatical about for decades. Can someone please remind me; when was it our latest saviour said we aimed to be back in the Championship? I recall some "plan" or other with mention of it. I may be mistaken and he may only have been reaching for the giddy heights of the division from which he got us very swiftly relegated. 

You mean this Vision and Plan 2019 2022

Have yourself a giggle looks like its going exactly to plan.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

His stats showed hes a 1 in 4 striker for Newport and at his other clubs he was even less than that. Hes 30 now so hes not going to get much better. As for NGuessan being back up in the same way that Jonathan Benteke and Gonzalez were back up? Or are they signed because of their agent.

Matt is better than Urko Vera but Im not expecting fireworks will probably score enough to keep us in the football league.

Exciting times.

I'm better than Urko Vera and I'm 75 now. And only ever played in goal.

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

truly mind boggling - i wonder how our illustrious leader would self assess the club's progress in any of the 5 areas? 

My favourite bit is 

"This will be supported by more detailed annual plans for each year"

Can't wait for this years installment.

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

How many more of Stevenage's elite squad are we aiming for? Although, in fairness, he was a very good keeper for Lincoln for quite some time.

If you give him your number Dino will give you a call and tell you...

16 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm better than Urko Vera and I'm 75 now. And only ever played in goal.

My mum was called Vera, and she was better than Urko.  And she never played football at all. Not even in goal.   😄

17 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

truly mind boggling - i wonder how our illustrious leader would self assess the club's progress in any of the 5 areas? 

It still makes sense (mostly) but reading it again what it really does is remind me that it is the 3 Amigos who have truly screwed the club with their focus on protecting their assets. 

We have almost no chance of competing, even in league 2, with the current structure as the footballing side is stifled of funds because the potential revenue streams from the stadium assets have been calved up by Blitz and his mates so they can recover some of their "investment" in the club. 

The whole thing is a disgrace and chancers like Al and asset strippers like Blitz should not be allowed anywhere near football clubs. 

23 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

My favourite bit is 

"This will be supported by more detailed annual plans for each year"

Can't wait for this years installment.

I put on the Trust agenda that a 6 month progress check should be done about Xmas time just gone.

However it was a time when the Trust/club relationship was best described as strained. Trust letter of compaint and club response ect.

But i see the Trust have had meeting and Natalie and owner attended in some capacity last week...so maybe its back on the agenda who knows.

Archived