Playing squad, summer 2020

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their are plenty of things he can do which has been covered time and time again.

It doesn't have to be the binary choice that you are suggesting. To diminish it to that is a fallacy.

It’s not Glossop. Because you and others would then recognise the many small positive steps instead of constantly castigating anything the club does. Just like your first sentence does time and time again. 

It is binary choice, because it looks like we’re stuck with him, so we either accept that and try to move forward or push for fundamental change. All people do on here is bleat about what we’re not, but can’t come up with an alternative. The constant referencing to things which are clearly never going to happen which get suggested time and time again and have been ignored time and time again is tiresome. 

I’d rather live in hope that ridding the club of the #frenchlads, signing Dearnley, paying a fee for Rowe, AL paying his debts to blitz, the much improved PR, the club receiving proper transfer fees, Natalie responding with courtesy to fans are all small but encouraging signs. Yes he could do more, but we are where we are and some pragmatic optimism wouldn’t go a miss. It’s infinitely preferable to the constant ‘everything is shit.’

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s not Glossop. Because you and others would then recognise the many small positive steps instead of constantly castigating anything the club does. Just like your first sentence does time and time again. 

It is binary choice, because it looks like we’re stuck with him, so we either accept that and try to move forward or push for fundamental change. All people do on here is bleat about what we’re not, but can’t come up with an alternative. The constant referencing to things which are clearly never going to happen which get suggested time and time again and have been ignored time and time again is tiresome. 

I’d rather live in hope that ridding the club of the #frenchlads, signing Dearnley, paying a fee for Rowe, AL paying his debts to blitz, the much improved PR, the club receiving proper transfer fees, Natalie responding with courtesy to fans are all small but encouraging signs. Yes he could do more, but we are where we are and some pragmatic optimism wouldn’t go a miss. It’s infinitely preferable to the constant ‘everything is shit.’

"many small positive steps"?

Name them.

The negatives have far, far outweighed the positives. That's not negative, just factual.
I hope it is a reset, I  hope we flourish. Only a fool would put any money on it, given the 3 years since he's been around.

Admin tomorrow. Fan ownership, even if we have to sink to the NWCL - fuck it, it'd be a hell of a ride back up to whatever level we can sustain. And I have a growing list of names of those who aren't allowed in :chubb:

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Admin tomorrow. Fan ownership, even if we have to sink to the NWCL - fuck it, it'd be a hell of a ride back up to whatever level we can sustain. And I have a growing list of names of those who aren't allowed in :chubb:

It's looking more and more like the best option.

41 minutes ago, singe said:

"many small positive steps"?

Name them.

The negatives have far, far outweighed the positives. That's not negative, just factual.
I hope it is a reset, I  hope we flourish. Only a fool would put any money on it, given the 3 years since he's been around.

Er- I just did. 😂

You’ve just proved my point. Again. 

I’d just like some acknowledgement that you and others now refuse to see anything positive the club does because you want him out. Fine. I’d love him gone as well.  
But while you wait an eternity for something you can’t have, and post endless negativity about things we already know. I’ll try and see the positives and  hope we can make the best of what we’ve got. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Well said! 👍

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Er- I just did. 😂

I’d just like some acknowledgement that you and others now refuse to see anything positive the club does because you want him out. Fine. I’d love him gone as well.  
But while you wait an eternity for something you can’t have, and post endless negativity about things we already know. I’ll try and see the positives and  hope we can make the best of what we’ve got. 

Your positives were a bit shit to be fair... 😅😅

44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Er- I just did. 😂

a) 3 is not many. Scraping the barrel.

b) the jury is still out on the Edmundson deal, and how many others of the dozens of players during is tenure so far. Emmerson is a fair deal at the moment but as with Tarky could bite us.

The others are dubious claims, by one or two people.

Losing the scouse loan is good, but the finances are still very murky, and it seems more a case of Blitz writing off and accountancy moving than actual cold hard cash being paid out. He also had to pay Blitz's rent money that was accumulated and he refused to pay during the season or we would be in admin-nothing positive about that bit, with Emmerson money again without doling out. And HMRC taking us to court again despite promises it was the last time.

The Community Trust and the pitch are the best things at the moment. Unclear whether he has much involvment, but I suspect the overhead gantry he bought which is good.

The New Zealand setup is very amateur, cant see much benefit, more Hungarian II than a decent pathway, more Churchill playing Fields than a Academy. This is their ground.
https://www.google.com/maps/@-41.328267,173.2156232,3a,65.9y,170.49h,84.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRPforFud43D20Xrwr1CsoA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

No sign of a youth team providing a conveyor belt, which has to be the way forward - I'd love tha a Youthplayershare, and with local lads, the Chapel Rd development has not had a single brick laid in a year, the unreliance on loans has failed.
The Development Centre is set up dubiously so far, why not use the Trust and Academy?

So far many words and promises, very few tangible results. More time spent monitoring fans, casting aspertions on people's professional integrity than actively improving the club.

You can say it's negative, you can be all the happy clappy you want, these are simply facts.

I'll judge them on the few things they have achieved and not the many things they said they would.

Bullshit is baffling brains.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

You call it pragmatic optimism I call it straw clutching.

The much improved PR is Natalie responding to a few emails. Fine thats good But she is an MD so responding to customers it is her job she knows this, alright I don't expect her to respond to every problem with every fan and I I don't think that we as fans should bombard her with phone calls and emsils but really its nothing anazing. Why no mention of Zac Emmerson leaving a promising young player that many will have had high hopes for.

The signing of Zak Dearnley yeah a good signing. But you know it I know it the next shitstorm is around the next corner. In January we made some good signings we followed it up by shutting the North Stand

We are a long way past the point where this is just a few teething problems and he will learn from his mistakes as you said yourself he won't change. So really all thats going to happen is administration at some point whether its now or at some point in the not too distant future. 

58 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You call it pragmatic optimism I call it straw clutching.

The much improved PR is Natalie responding to a few emails. Fine thats good But she is an MD so responding to customers it is her job she knows this, alright I don't expect her to respond to every problem with every fan and I I don't think that we as fans should bombard her with phone calls and emsils but really its nothing anazing. Why no mention of Zac Emmerson leaving a promising young player that many will have had high hopes for.

The signing of Zak Dearnley yeah a good signing. But you know it I know it the next shitstorm is around the next corner. In January we made some good signings we followed it up by shutting the North Stand

We are a long way past the point where this is just a few teething problems and he will learn from his mistakes as you said yourself he won't change. So really all thats going to happen is administration at some point whether its now or at some point in the not too distant future. 

You wanted proper off field management- and you’ve just highlighted yourself we now have an MD who is doing her Job. Better PR/ responding to emails etc- but now it’s ‘well, that’s nothing amazing’ Can I remind you we had Barry telling fans to do one and trying to find paper for the fax machine 12 months ago. .

Natalie is David Gill in comparison. 

Zak Dearnley is good but. . . Can we not just enjoy his signing. Which I agree was a good, particularly after paying a fee for Rowe. Both are good investments IMO. 

Do I think things are going great? No.

Do I think we’ll do anything next year? Not really. 

Have events in the last six months given a glimmer of hope. Yes- IMO

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You wanted proper off field management- and you’ve just highlighted yourself we now have an MD who is doing her Job. Better PR/ responding to emails etc- but now it’s ‘well, that’s nothing amazing’ Can I remind you we had Barry telling fans to do one and trying to find paper for the fax machine 12 months ago. .

Natalie is David Gill in comparison. 

Zak Dearnley is good but. . . Can we not just enjoy his signing. Which I agree was a good, particularly after paying a fee for Rowe. Both are good investments IMO. 

Do I think things are going great? No.

Do I think we’ll do anything next year? Not really. 

Have events in the last six months given a glimmer of hope. Yes- IMO

Like a scarecrow having a wank mate.

Look I know you aren't defending the owner I know you can see its not great but it still shit.

If you want something to be optimistic about and its the one thing everyone should be optimistic about it is the problems at Oldham Athletic are not terminal and can be resolved and that the club and particularly the fans are very resilient.

Nah, the whole thing stinks.

I've not got an ounce of pride in this club any more. 

It would take a herculean reversal of attitude from Abdallah just to correct the mistakes he's made, never mind correct the ones that existed before he took over. 

Not going to happen.... 

48 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Look I know you aren't defending the owner I know you can see its not great but it still shit.

If you want something to be optimistic about and its the one thing everyone should be optimistic about it is the problems at Oldham Athletic are not terminal and can be resolved and that the club and particularly the fans are very resilient.

😂😂

Fair enough. 

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Clutching at straws with this analogy.

I take two friends to games with me (poor lads) and they said something which made me think. They said a few years ago we where a well ran club (under Corney, which we weren’t), the games where enjoyable and they liked going. Now they see how poorly ran we are, don’t enjoy the games and have no connection to any players. 
How come AL’s bad ownership is in the press more than Corney, given both have huge faults. I think it comes down to what people see and connect with and that’s the team. No one connects with the mass number of french players that have all turned out pretty shit. You can make half a case for about 3 of them but other than that no one cares. I think this is AL’s biggest failing. 

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No one connects with the mass number of french players that have all turned out pretty shit.

Speak for yourself.  I don't give a toss whether they are French or not.

For me, the bigger issue has been having a massive rotating cast of players most of whom who only play for a couple of matches.

I "connect" with Nepomuceno or Maouche far more than Miller, McHale, Gonzales, N'Guessan, Dieseruvwe... who are only just making up the numbers

29 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I take two friends to games with me (poor lads) and they said something which made me think. They said a few years ago we where a well ran club (under Corney, which we weren’t), the games where enjoyable and they liked going. Now they see how poorly ran we are, don’t enjoy the games and have no connection to any players. 
How come AL’s bad ownership is in the press more than Corney, given both have huge faults. I think it comes down to what people see and connect with and that’s the team. No one connects with the mass number of french players that have all turned out pretty shit. You can make half a case for about 3 of them but other than that no one cares. I think this is AL’s biggest failing. 

AL's biggest failing is being the reason behind us getting relegated from L1.

If Corney was still the owner it's pretty safe to say we would still be in L1 now.

Archived