Playing squad, summer 2020

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Never get this. It's still your club.

Well it sure doesn’t feel like it’s our club anymore!!

The longer this regime is running the club the worse the final outcome will be.

I completely agree with wiseowl that  staying away is the only sure way to get him out.

Its quite obvious the guy is struggling financially but with the complete lack of respect he’s shown towards the fans I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

Even if it costs us our league status it’s a gamble I’m willing to take. In the short time he’s been here he’s completely destroyed this football club and everything it stood for....the sooner he’s gone (which IMO won’t be long) the better!!

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Even if it costs us our league status it’s a gamble I’m willing to take. In the short time he’s been here he’s completely destroyed this football club and everything it stood for....

This I just don't get. How can you be willing to accept another relegation which you seem to think will result in the owner leaving the club. Is it a better package in non league than Lge 2? No.

As for destroying the football club-what utter nonsense-it still exists despite the current medical crisis which is something to be thankful for by itself. Yes many don't like the owner and his actions-most don't care as long as the club continues.

As for what it stands for-then please enlighten me. It's a football club, if it fails I will be devastated but it is still a football club.

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Its quite obvious the guy is struggling financially

And yet you posted this on July 5.

He looks to have paid off the debts, hopefully, he’s getting ready to sell the club

8 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Why don't you go on the Blackpool fans message board and ask them to explain it to you.

The same owner took them to the premier league. They only complained when results turned to shit, and relegations followed. Just the way it is. 

It’s amazing how fans will turn a blind to their outrage when results are good. 

For instance I highly doubt we’d talking about ‘the soul of the club’ or ‘ we have no identity’ if results were a lot better. EVERYTHING is wrong because quite simply we’re rubbish on the pitch. 

I can’t remember the specific game last season, but we’d had two or three good results under Dino, and it was our first home game for a couple of weeks. Sunny day and over 5k turned up. We were awful and lost the game. Next game 3k. The fan base is still there, we just need a decent side to watch, and mark my words a lot of the ‘noise’ will stop. 

But it’s highly likely we’ll still be shit. 

So - AL OUT. 😁

He had to pay off the debts to avoid administration but he didn’t provide the funds, the money was generated from the sale of Emerson and a reduced early last payment from Rangers for Edmundson.

If you’re happy with what’s going on then that’s fine but I’m not!!!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

He had to pay off the debts to avoid administration but he didn’t provide the funds, the money was generated from the sale of Emerson and a reduced early last payment from Rangers for Edmundson.

Ok!!! 😂

When you say he got the funds from the sale of players. Isn’t that what every football club does to balance the books?? Furthermore didn’t we have Rangers come in with 3 bids for Edmundson? Suggesting we are starting to negotiate properly, instead pulling our pants down every time somebody waves a fiver in our face? 

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t remember the specific game last season, but we’d had two or three good results under Dino, and it was our first home game for a couple of weeks. Sunny day and over 5k turned up. We were awful and lost the game. Next game 3k. The fan base is still there, we just need a decent side to watch, and mark my words a lot of the ‘noise’ will stop. 

It was the Salford game - and the "crowd" debate was done to death at the time. It was a freak attendance with probably more "reds" there than true blues! (i.e. they wanted to catch a glimpse of their darlings). We got stuffed 4-1 at home - by Salford - it'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Salford? We'd beaten Crawley at home and Morecambe away. 4,506 home fans for the Salford game, followed 3 days later by Scunny at home where we had 2,594 home fans. However Salford was 29th Dec - and against (ugh) our main "rival" in the division, with Scunny being new year's day. So I'm not sure the 2k drop off was down to the result in the match itself - maybe a few, but a fairer comparison might be the Crawley game from 21/12 - 2,677 home fans.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

The same owner took them to the premier league. They only complained when results turned to shit, and relegations followed. Just the way it is. 

It’s amazing how fans will turn a blind to their outrage when results are good. 

For instance I highly doubt we’d talking about ‘the soul of the club’ or ‘ we have no identity’ if results were a lot better. EVERYTHING is wrong because quite simply we’re rubbish on the pitch. 

But it’s highly likely we’ll still be shit. 

So - AL OUT. 😁

Wasn't that Latvian responsible in bank rolling Blackpool into the Primer League?

But my reference to Blackpool was the fact that most of their fans boycotted going to Wembley during their protest because they were looking at the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We hope that's where it's from, and not a Wonga loan....

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

EVERYTHING is wrong because quite simply we’re rubbish on the pitch

Bollocks. This is ignoring some pretty serious off the pitch stuff. Which is massively affecting revenue and, in turn, things on the pitch. 

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

As for destroying the football club-what utter nonsense-it still exists despite the current medical crisis which is something to be thankful for by itself. 

All league clubs still exist despite the current crisis, its no great achievement. A lot of them have also spent the time identifying transfer targets and we can see them starting to build squads already. AL went home for a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t believe you’re still defending the guy, he’s potless and only taking this club in one direction. 

I can’t believe you come on a messaged board and when asked a specific question that doesn’t fit the popular narrative you just give a nonsense reply that I’m defending him.

Bizarre. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Bollocks. This is ignoring some pretty serious off the pitch stuff. Which is massively affecting revenue and, in turn, things on the pitch. 

Sweet Jesus. 😂

You’ve got a poster above slating the owner for using the sale of players to balance the books??? 

Our results are shambles which in turn means the AL hate has become that vehement that EVERYTHING the club does is a shambles. That’s just not true. People are desperate for us to fail, so they can have there moment. I think it’s all bit sad. We are shit show in so many ways, but I live in hope we can turn the corner. 

Oh what’s the point. We’re going down next season, the north stand will become a Jungle Jim. The grass will be replaced with concrete and Barry will be manager. 

Night. 

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sweet Jesus. 😂

You’ve got a poster above slating the owner for using the sale of players to balance the books??? 

Our results are shambles which in turn means the AL hate has become that vehement that EVERYTHING the club does is a shambles. That’s just not true. People are desperate for us to fail, so they can have there moment. I think it’s all bit sad. We are shit show in so many ways, but I live in hope we can turn the corner. 

Oh what’s the point. We’re going down next season, the north stand will become a Jungle Jim. The grass will be replaced with concrete and Barry will be manager. 

Night. 

The bit highlighted is Bullshit you know it I know it knowone wants us to fail.

Interms of results being the main driver of peoples dissatisfaction yes thats true. But the way AL runs the club by his team interference, abysmal recruitment falling out without with everyone, and the fact the club being in a far from positive financial position including multiple late payments of wages and winding up petitions is the driver behind the poor results.

So when people talk about a club losing its identity or soul its usually a reason behind the poor results and overall failings of the football club.

7 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Wasn't that Latvian responsible in bank rolling Blackpool into the Primer League?

But my reference to Blackpool was the fact that most of their fans boycotted going to Wembley during their protest because they were looking at the bigger picture.

The issue at Blackpool was that they managed to get to the PL on a comparitive shoestring. When they got to the PL and its riches they didn't spend the money. Most supporters bought into this despite the fact they went down due to the fact that they believed the money would be invested in the club long term. 

However when they went down Karl Oysten rather than investing in the team the club or the dilapidated training ground paid himself a rather large dividend of I believe £47 million.

The club then sold off its best players and reduced its budget and suffered more relegations. The fans clearly saw what went on and quite rightly blamed Oyston for it.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sweet Jesus. 😂

No he didn't.  He stated that we sold Emmerson (we've no idea if we got a decent fee) and took a REDUCED final payment on what was owed on Edmundson just so he could pay off a large old debt that was on the verge of putting us in administration.  This isn't standard practice for well run clubs.

Our results are shambles which in turn means the AL hate has become that vehement that EVERYTHING the club does is a shambles. That’s just not true.

Our results are a shambles because the club employers poor managers/coaches, has no coherent recruitment strategy and alienates fans to the point that attedances have fallen off a cliff.  We've had a few people listing positives.  These seem to vary from the club paying people on time most months, to fans getting a reply to an email.  We've fallen so far and been run so badly, these basic things are now seen by some as a reason to applaud the club.  Even with your positive of better negotiations (Edmundson), the peterborough chairman was pretty scathing in how we conducted our business.  He may be a bit of a twat himself, but making enemies of other club chairmen is not my idea of great negotiations.

Another one of my favourite "positives" is giving him praise for funding the club's huge losses.  "Who else will do it?".  The correct question should be "Why on earth do we need huge amounts of money pumping in each month just to exist?!"

People are desperate for us to fail, so they can have there moment. I think it’s all bit sad. We are shit show in so many ways, but I live in hope we can turn the corner. 
Such bollocks.  I'll gladly put a statue of AL in my garden if he gets us to the Championship and we have a club to be proud of again.

Night. 

There are a few simple things they could do that might start building bridges and get the fans onside but they either can't figure it out or just refuse to do it for some reason.  So the season ticket sales will be poor, there will be no money for decent players and people like you will blame the fans for it.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

There are a few simple things they could do that might start building bridges and get the fans onside but they either can't figure it out or just refuse to do it for some reason.  So the season ticket sales will be poor, there will be no money for decent players and people like you will blame the fans for it.

Can I get a hallelujah for this post.

The straw clutching that some people are trying to present as positives only shows how bad things are.

6 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Nice try. 

So. You gladly put a statue of AL in your garden but your sooo concerned with how the football club is run??? 😂😂 You- like every football fan doesn’t reeeally care about how a man you’ve never met conducts his business. You care about winning football matches. And because we’re not winning you and others can’t take things on their individual merit. Without giving me chapter and verse on why EVERYTHING is wrong. 

I think it’s genuinely fair to ask, why bother coming on here to tell everyone how shit everything is? We get it. No. Really. We do.  We are a poorly run club, going nowhere. But I want to try and look for any positive I can (it’s hard going) that things can improve. You want to concentrate on every negative and try to shoot down people who challenge the popular narrative. Or tell us that AL might have been nasty in negotiations. 🙄

But I want to try and look for any positive I can (it’s hard going) that things can improve. You want to concentrate on every negative and try to shoot down people who challenge the popular narrative. Or tell us that AL might have been nasty in negotiations. 🙄

I really don't think the term "popular narrative" is the right phrase here but I get you. It hurts me not to support my club after decades of loyal support but I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. I persisted for a fair while out of sheer loyalty but I believe I can see the owner and his acolytes for what they are. I think I can also see the massive flaws in some people's personalities i.e. supporters that appear to fully support the owner no matter what. They are the same kind who will switch their gas and electricity supplier the minute some charlatan knocks on their door. Gullible would be the appropriate word in my opinion. I appreciate you don't fully support him but there seems to be a fair few who do. Weird world.

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I really don't think the term "popular narrative" is the right phrase here but I get you. It hurts me not to support my club after decades of loyal support but I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. I persisted for a fair while out of sheer loyalty but I believe I can see the owner and his acolytes for what they are. I think I can also see the massive flaws in some people's personalities i.e. supporters that appear to fully support the owner no matter what. They are the same kind who will switch their gas and electricity supplier the minute some charlatan knocks on their door. Gullible would be the appropriate word in my opinion. I appreciate you don't fully support him but there seems to be a fair few who do. Weird world.

Yeah of course it works both ways.

People who will not acknowledge in anyway the harm AL has done is equally as strange as those who will not acknowledge any positives (however small) 

Nice try. 

So. You gladly put a statue of AL in your garden but your sooo concerned with how the football club is run??? 😂😂 You- like every football fan doesn’t reeeally care about how a man you’ve never met conducts his business. You care about winning football matches. And because we’re not winning you and others can’t take things on their individual merit. Without giving me chapter and verse on why EVERYTHING is wrong. 

I think it’s genuinely fair to ask, why bother coming on here to tell everyone how shit everything is? We get it. No. Really. We do.  We are a poorly run club, going nowhere. But I want to try and look for any positive I can (it’s hard going) that things can improve. You want to concentrate on every negative and try to shoot down people who challenge the popular narrative. Or tell us that AL might have been nasty in negotiations. 🙄

Not sure if you missed it, but I said I would put a statue up "if he gets us to the Championship and we have a club to be proud of again".  I added the second bit because I do care about how my club is run and how it represents the town and the fans, as well as the results.  Those things are important to me.  And to be honest, I'm not even asking for that much I don't think. 

I would just like the club to treat players and staff well (eg not have a multitude of ex players and staff be highly critical of the way the club is run).  I would like the club to treat the fans well (eg not close a stand over a petty squabble).  I would like it to employ qualified football people in key roles.  I would like it to be open to challenge rather than defensive and vindictive toward anyone they see as uncooperative.  Those are the 'positives' I'd like to see.  And I believe if there was more of that, we'd start to see an improvement on the pitch as well.  

Archived