Playing squad, summer 2020

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Looks like Wheater is still in last season's kit here. All the others who've been given squad numbers are in the new one...

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Well spotted - Hamer is in the new one 

If Wheater doesn’t start today that says it all for me. He responded himself to someone saying we had no depth on Twitter with

”I’m available to add depth”

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Squad numbers are now assigned on the first team squad page on the official website. Reece Gaskell is 43 and Jack Williams 59.

I’m not sure they are. Those are old photos from last season and neither were included in the squad numbers list yesterday. Suspect they just haven’t taken them down.

8 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I’m not sure they are. Those are old photos from last season and neither were included in the squad numbers list yesterday. Suspect they just haven’t taken them down.

The photos may be old - no need to update those if they are that recent - but I don't think the squad numbers were shown on the first team squad page when I looked first thing this morning, someone has added them subsequently.

17 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

The photos may be old - no need to update those if they are that recent - but I don't think the squad numbers were shown on the first team squad page when I looked first thing this morning, someone has added them subsequently.

Those squad numbers were definitely already there.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Those squad numbers were definitely already there.

Not convinced. Recent addition. Chapman, for example, only recently appeared and has been given the number 30. It's definitely the case that just a few days ago there were no numbers on that page. In any case, the point is that Williams and Gaskell are showing on the first team page.

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Not convinced. Recent addition. Chapman, for example, only recently appeared and has been given the number 30. It's definitely the case that just a few days ago there were no numbers on that page. In any case, the point is that Williams and Gaskell are showing on the first team page.

There were numbers before. Here’s the page from mid-August:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200818045449/https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/teams/first-team/

I’m not even sure why I’m going on about it. It would be good if they’d confirm when players are staying or going but it doesn’t really matter.

11 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Well my heart isn’t quite in it thanks to the way we’re being run, but I’ve updated the squad list with today’s announcement. 

I don't follow the comings and goings of every club in the land, but I can't recall a club ever putting out a statement like that. Basically it is saying, "I own the club, my brother is doing a fantastic job, so if you upset us in any way or dare to make even a hint of criticism, you're history."

21 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Well my heart isn’t quite in it thanks to the way we’re being run, but I’ve updated the squad list with today’s announcement. 

The "Disappeared" and "Persona Non Grata" categories are excellent ideas, and also sum up very well just how dysfunctional our club has become.

So there we have it, this thread is done for now. Won’t be any further updates.

Squad

33. Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus option)
30. Mackenzie Chapman (scholar)

1. Ian Lawlor (season loan from Doncaster Rovers)

13. Gary Woods (2021) - half-season loan to Aberdeen

20. Andrea Badan (2022)

17. Jordan Barnett (January 2021)
3. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (2021)

Harry Clarke (half-season loan from Arsenal)

34. Tom Hamer (2022)

15. Kyle Jameson (2021 plus option)

4. Sido Jombati (2021)

5. Carl Piergianni (2022)

32. Will Sutton (scholar)

24. Dylan Bahamboula (2021 plus option)

14. Dylan Fage (2021)

6. Ben Garrity (season loan from Blackpool)

11. Bobby Grant (season loan from Wrexham)

28. Ben Hough (scholar)

10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2021)

25. Alfie McCalmont (season loan from Leeds)

16. Brice Ntambwe (2021 plus option)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)

7 George Blackwood (2022)
27. Vani Da Silva (scholar)

19. Zak Dearnley (2022)

29. Junior Luamba (scholar)

18. Conor McAleny (2021)

9. Danny Rowe (2021)

Persona non grata

31. David Wheater (2021)

Archived