Playing squad, summer 2020

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Obviously I’m in a minority of one, but I didn’t think he was terrible. He had some skills but simply made too many errors. It was right for him to move on though and hopefully he will find a coach that can help him progress as a player. Good luck Alex.

what skills did he have?

You’re one of my favourite posters on here BigDog but come on, he was atrocious. Think you’re giving him the sympathy vote because he seemed like a decent bloke. 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Obviously I’m in a minority of one, but I didn’t think he was terrible. He had some skills but simply made too many errors. It was right for him to move on though and hopefully he will find a coach that can help him progress as a player. Good luck Alex.

He was a full back who almost refused to tackle. Wide players must have loved playing against him. He had the physical attributes so he either lacked the ability to time a tackle - he just seemed to run alongside them - or he lacked a bit of toughness and didn’t relish the tackling aspect of his role. Not good for a full back. 

On 6/25/2020 at 3:39 PM, BP1960 said:

Also rumoured we are after Kane Wilson, very highly rated by fans of clubs he's been on loan at . If Tom Hamer is sold I could understand such a move.

He was on loan at Exeter for a full season then came back in January the following season.  It was noticeable how much more confident he was in the 2nd season and he was a very good right-back and half-decent right midfielder.  If Hamer stays then the two of them could work well together, either with Hamer at centre back or Wilson at right midfield.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

#slowlygettingsomethingsright

A few things do seem to have been better of late.  Am I right in thinking this has been achieved while all bit one of the staff are on furlough?!

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Superb thank you video for Jonny Smith. 👍 #slowlygettingsomethingsright

Some cracking goals there. Well done Jonnhy. Hope to see you back next season (some hopes).

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

A few things do seem to have been better of late.  Am I right in thinking this has been achieved while all bit one of the staff are on furlough?!

She's been using volunteers whilst the main heads are furloughed. Could be the future, sadly...

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

She's been using volunteers whilst the main heads are furloughed. Could be the future, sadly...

I hope the club give them some credit at some point.

Any idea who they are? fans, college learners or outside companies?

15 minutes ago, underdog said:

I hope the club give them some credit at some point.

Any idea who they are? fans, college learners or outside companies?

Dunno.

All very non-league though, isn't it?

4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Dunno.

All very non-league though, isn't it?

I'm not sure what that means but if a club already struggling financially has zero income and zero idea when said income might resume, I'd suggest using volunteers is very sensible.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm not sure what that means but if a club already struggling financially has zero income and zero idea when said income might resume, I'd suggest using volunteers is very sensible.

Although the hit might not as bad as it could be. We pay around 80% of income on wages -poss even more.
We've furloughed everyone, and reportedly everyone is having a 20% pay cut, and lots of players contracts ran out yesterday and just a month to pay.
If we hadn't had Covid and furlough, but season tickets hammered as predicted, the situation would be much worse IMHO.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Remind me how much AL is putting in again? You're suggesting it's the square root of fuck all?

17 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Remind me how much AL is putting in again? You're suggesting it's the square root of fuck all?

No numbers but:-

2 hours ago, underdog said:

14 minutes ago, singe said:

Although the hit might not as bad as it could be. We pay around 80% of income on wages -poss even more.
We've furloughed everyone, and reportedly everyone is having a 20% pay cut, and lots of players contracts ran out yesterday and just a month to pay.
If we hadn't had Covid and furlough, but season tickets hammered as predicted, the situation would be much worse IMHO.

I don't think it's 80%. Isn't it a maximum of 55% for L2 clubs.

The wage cap (if it's approved) would be a budget of £1.9m for L2 clubs. I guess ours isn't that much anyway.

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The wage cap (if it's approved) would be a budget of £1.9m for L2 clubs. I guess ours isn't that much anyway.

That's a point, I think it was changed, but I  took it from here, and I know ours was comfortably mid taable.

37 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The regs are a colander.
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/
PART 4 – LEAGUE TWO FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY SALARY COST MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL (SCMP) GUIDANCE NOTES

1 SCMP Requirement

1.2.1 50% of the Club’s Relevant Turnover (as defined in Paragraph 1 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period; plus

1.2.2 100% of the Club’s Football Fortune Income (as defined in Paragraph 2 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period.

Bit more on the various workarounds:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Barely worth the paper it is written on it seems!

59 minutes ago, singe said:

The regs are a colander.
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/
PART 4 – LEAGUE TWO FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY SALARY COST MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL (SCMP) GUIDANCE NOTES

1 SCMP Requirement

1.2.1 50% of the Club’s Relevant Turnover (as defined in Paragraph 1 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period; plus

1.2.2 100% of the Club’s Football Fortune Income (as defined in Paragraph 2 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period.

Bit more on the various workarounds:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Barely worth the paper it is written on it seems!

Football Fortune Income. The importance of a good cup run.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:50 AM, Crusoe said:

Here we go again.

Squad

1. Gary Woods (2021)

20. Zeus de la Paz - offered short-term extension

29. Tomáš Egert (2020) - offered short-term extension

31. David Wheater (presumably 2021)

34. Tom Hamer (2022)

7. Johan Branger-Engone (2020) - offered short-term extension

10. Mohamed Maouche (2020) - offered short-term extension

17. Christopher Missilou (2020) - offered short-term extension

18. Dylan Fage (2021)

43. Reece Gaskell (scholar) - scholarship extended by six weeks

53. Zac Emmerson (scholar) - rumoured transfer to Brighton

55. Zak Dearnley (2022)

56. Danny Rowe (2021)

Departures

2. Zak Mills - released

3. Alex Iacovitti - signed for Ross County

6. Jamie Stott - released

8. Filipe Morais - end of loan

11. Gevaro Nepomuceno - released

15. Javid Swaby-Neavin - released

16. Scott Wilson - released

19. Désiré Sègbè Azankpo - released

21. Marvin Kokos - released

23. Christian N'Guessan - end of loan

24. Mohamad Sylla - signed for Stade Lavallois

25. Chris McCann - released

26. Jonny Smith - end of loan

27. Kielen Adams - released

30. Ryan Pickford - scholar, not offered a contract

33. Carl Piergianni - end of loan

37. Lewis McKinney - scholar, not offered a contract

41. Ellis Allen - signed for APEA Akrotiriou

44. Jack Grundy - scholar, not offered a contract

45. Andy Hackett - scholar, not offered a contract

47. Taylor Jones - scholar, not offered a contract

49. Charley Leech - scholar, not offered a contract

52. Kyle Wych - scholar, not offered a contract

54. Mani Dieseruvwe - end of loan

57. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - end of loan

Just look at that departures list.

15 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Done. So we’re left with 6 contracted players and 5 more offered 2/3-month extensions. Have to say, McCann is the only one that bothers me much.

Agree. He’ll have been on a decent wedge as well so not surprised we can’t keep him. I’d have kept Zak Mills as a squad player as well. 

Archived