Next seasons kit teased

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just a reminder lads that clubs don't design their own kits unless they manufacture it themselves.

So they just accept what the manufacturers chuck at them and think that will do? Nah, they have input, give the manufacturers an idea of what they want, even if they don't actually produce the final design. Whoever agreed to that blue thing needs their head looking at.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

So they just accept what the manufacturers chuck at them and think that will do? Nah, they have input, give the manufacturers an idea of what they want, even if they don't actually produce the final design. Whoever agreed to that blue thing needs their head looking at.

Honestly they don't. I know, I've worked in the industry.

To be honest, I don't care if the kit has appeared in the Danish or Singaporean top division. 

Some of the other suppliers have given us kit templates that seemingly half our division have been wearing

Part of the reason I like Hummel kits is that they are relatively simple and classic anyway

The problem is the colours in the home kit and the lost opportunity to mark a milestone with something a bit striking

54 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I like them both. So do my friends. Maybe maybe we are a younger generation with a different taste who knows. 

I don't see it as being about liking them; the theory was that they were a tribute to history, which they're not.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I like them both. So do my friends. Maybe maybe we are a younger generation with a different taste who knows. 

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't see it as being about liking them; the theory was that they were a tribute to history, which they're not.

Agree with @Dave_Og. Both are okay as team shirts but both fall short as commemorative shirts. The Away shirt does at least invoke the red and white stripes of the original strip and as such is my preferred of the two. 

I suppose there is always the ‘Cup’ kit that  might deliver 🤔

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I did say I wasn't fussed, but you are right Dave. This home shirt is a modern design and no link to history at all. 

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

I did say I wasn't fussed, but you are right Dave. This home shirt is a modern design and no link to history at all. 

Hmmm, how about...

"The shirt is a classic Oldham design, being blue with white trim, which has been the standard Latics look since 1972. The gradient, changing from lighter blue to a darker shade, represents the subtly different shades of blue worn over the years. There is also the slightest touch of tangerine, which represents the six year spell that the club wore that colour at home."

With stripes as the away, and if a blue and white 1910-1966 look is to come in the special cup kit, that's the four main kit designs we've had represented in our range next season.

42 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Hmmm, how about...

"The shirt is a classic Oldham design, being blue with white trim, which has been the standard Latics look since 1972. The gradient, changing from lighter blue to a darker shade, represents the subtly different shades of blue worn over the years. There is also the slightest touch of tangerine, which represents the six year spell that the club wore that colour at home."

With stripes as the away, and if a blue and white 1910-1966 look is to come in the special cup kit, that's the four main kit designs we've had represented in our range next season.

That is some spin, but I'll give you credit for working it out. But, if that is the explanation or reasoning behind that revolting home kit, I'll be amazed.

You may have gathered that I'm not keen on it.

10 hours ago, Simpo said:

Hmmm, how about...

Its blue and tangerine also, so the song now makes sence. 

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

That is some spin, but I'll give you credit for working it out. But, if that is the explanation or reasoning behind that revolting home kit, I'll be amazed.

You may have gathered that I'm not keen on it.

Yes. It's not got boring though. Keep letting us know whenever you get the opportunity. Cheers.

You can pre-order the kit online from today. £45 for an adult shirt (£40 for a junior) plus an extra £15 if you want a name (12 letters max) and/or a number (2 digits) on the back. There is an extra £5 charge if you want a sleeve badge - but it doesn’t say what this sleeve badge looks like.

That makes £65 plus postage. If you spend £70 pounds postage is free....

Ready for delivery week commencing 27 July.

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You can pre-order the kit online from today. £45 for an adult shirt (£40 for a junior) plus an extra £15 if you want a name (12 letters max) and/or a number (2 digits) on the back. There is an extra £5 charge if you want a sleeve badge - but it doesn’t say what this sleeve badge looks like.

Mad.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Fuck that.

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

And I was so close to getting Branger-Engone on the back of my shirt...

On 7/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, TheBigDog said:

Neither shirt has a sponsors logo on the front - I presume that Wakelet will continue their sponsorship for the coming season? 

Oldham Times hinting we’ll be having new shirt sponsors....hopefully that is!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Oldham Times hinting we’ll be having new shirt sponsors....hopefully that is!

Official did mention this:

Also, a company is currently in the process of being appointed as the front of shirt sponsor and will be announced at a later date, but for the time being supporters will be able to purchase the shirts without this on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

So why didn't they use the 125 year celebration badge on the 3rd kit?  Oversight?

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/03082020-hummel-20-21-third-shirt/

From the article you linked: -

With fan consultation and feeback for the home and away shirts, as well as a vote, hummel decided that the third shirt should remain with the current shield that has been used over the last few years to cater for all.”

Archived