Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice enough as a standard home shirt. Totally underwhelming as an anniversary one. 

Did we not enter ??

Everyone on Twitter acting like the recent badge was detested by all when in reality when the newer badge was introduced in 2011, there were some who disliked it, mainly out of tradition, but a large

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just a reminder lads that clubs don't design their own kits unless they manufacture it themselves.

So they just accept what the manufacturers chuck at them and think that will do? Nah, they have input, give the manufacturers an idea of what they want, even if they don't actually produce the final design. Whoever agreed to that blue thing needs their head looking at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bristolatic said:

So they just accept what the manufacturers chuck at them and think that will do? Nah, they have input, give the manufacturers an idea of what they want, even if they don't actually produce the final design. Whoever agreed to that blue thing needs their head looking at.

Honestly they don't. I know, I've worked in the industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I don't care if the kit has appeared in the Danish or Singaporean top division. 

 

Some of the other suppliers have given us kit templates that seemingly half our division have been wearing

 

Part of the reason I like Hummel kits is that they are relatively simple and classic anyway

 

The problem is the colours in the home kit and the lost opportunity to mark a milestone with something a bit striking

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I like them both. So do my friends. Maybe maybe we are a younger generation with a different taste who knows. 

 

I don't see it as being about liking them; the theory was that they were a tribute to history, which they're not.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I like them both. So do my friends. Maybe maybe we are a younger generation with a different taste who knows. 

 

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

I don't see it as being about liking them; the theory was that they were a tribute to history, which they're not.


Agree with @Dave_Og. Both are okay as team shirts but both fall short as commemorative shirts. The Away shirt does at least invoke the red and white stripes of the original strip and as such is my preferred of the two. 
 

I suppose there is always the ‘Cup’ kit that  might deliver 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

 

I don't see it as being about liking them; the theory was that they were a tribute to history, which they're not.

I did say I wasn't fussed, but you are right Dave. This home shirt is a modern design and no link to history at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, al_bro said:

I did say I wasn't fussed, but you are right Dave. This home shirt is a modern design and no link to history at all. 

Hmmm, how about...

"The shirt is a classic Oldham design, being blue with white trim, which has been the standard Latics look since 1972. The gradient, changing from lighter blue to a darker shade, represents the subtly different shades of blue worn over the years. There is also the slightest touch of tangerine, which represents the six year spell that the club wore that colour at home."

 

With stripes as the away, and if a blue and white 1910-1966 look is to come in the special cup kit, that's the four main kit designs we've had represented in our range next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Hmmm, how about...

"The shirt is a classic Oldham design, being blue with white trim, which has been the standard Latics look since 1972. The gradient, changing from lighter blue to a darker shade, represents the subtly different shades of blue worn over the years. There is also the slightest touch of tangerine, which represents the six year spell that the club wore that colour at home."

 

With stripes as the away, and if a blue and white 1910-1966 look is to come in the special cup kit, that's the four main kit designs we've had represented in our range next season.

That is some spin, but I'll give you credit for working it out. But, if that is the explanation or reasoning behind that revolting home kit, I'll be amazed.

 

You may have gathered that I'm not keen on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Simpo said:

Hmmm, how about...

"The shirt is a classic Oldham design, being blue with white trim, which has been the standard Latics look since 1972. The gradient, changing from lighter blue to a darker shade, represents the subtly different shades of blue worn over the years. There is also the slightest touch of tangerine, which represents the six year spell that the club wore that colour at home."

 

With stripes as the away, and if a blue and white 1910-1966 look is to come in the special cup kit, that's the four main kit designs we've had represented in our range next season.

Its blue and tangerine also, so the song now makes sence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

That is some spin, but I'll give you credit for working it out. But, if that is the explanation or reasoning behind that revolting home kit, I'll be amazed.

 

You may have gathered that I'm not keen on it.

 

Yes. It's not got boring though. Keep letting us know whenever you get the opportunity. Cheers.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can pre-order the kit online from today. £45 for an adult shirt (£40 for a junior) plus an extra £15 if you want a name (12 letters max) and/or a number (2 digits) on the back. There is an extra £5 charge if you want a sleeve badge - but it doesn’t say what this sleeve badge looks like.

 

That makes £65 plus postage. If you spend £70 pounds postage is free....

 

Ready for delivery week commencing 27 July.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You can pre-order the kit online from today. £45 for an adult shirt (£40 for a junior) plus an extra £15 if you want a name (12 letters max) and/or a number (2 digits) on the back. There is an extra £5 charge if you want a sleeve badge - but it doesn’t say what this sleeve badge looks like.

 

That makes £65 plus postage. If you spend £70 pounds postage is free....

 

Ready for delivery week commencing 27 July.

 

Mad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You can pre-order the kit online from today. £45 for an adult shirt (£40 for a junior) plus an extra £15 if you want a name (12 letters max) and/or a number (2 digits) on the back. There is an extra £5 charge if you want a sleeve badge - but it doesn’t say what this sleeve badge looks like.

 

That makes £65 plus postage. If you spend £70 pounds postage is free....

 

Ready for delivery week commencing 27 July.

 

 

Fuck that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You can pre-order the kit online from today. £45 for an adult shirt (£40 for a junior) plus an extra £15 if you want a name (12 letters max) and/or a number (2 digits) on the back. There is an extra £5 charge if you want a sleeve badge - but it doesn’t say what this sleeve badge looks like.

 

That makes £65 plus postage. If you spend £70 pounds postage is free....

 

Ready for delivery week commencing 27 July.

 

 

 

And I was so close to getting Branger-Engone on the back of my shirt...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, TheBigDog said:

Neither shirt has a sponsors logo on the front - I presume that Wakelet will continue their sponsorship for the coming season? 

 

 

Oldham Times hinting we’ll be having new shirt sponsors....hopefully that is!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Oldham Times hinting we’ll be having new shirt sponsors....hopefully that is!

 

Official did mention this:

Also, a company is currently in the process of being appointed as the front of shirt sponsor and will be announced at a later date, but for the time being supporters will be able to purchase the shirts without this on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

So why didn't they use the 125 year celebration badge on the 3rd kit?  Oversight?

 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/03082020-hummel-20-21-third-shirt/


From the article you linked: -

 

With fan consultation and feeback for the home and away shirts, as well as a vote, hummel decided that the third shirt should remain with the current shield that has been used over the last few years to cater for all.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...