Next seasons kit teased

5 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

So why didn't they use the 125 year celebration badge on the 3rd kit?  Oversight?

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/03082020-hummel-20-21-third-shirt/

Think the that badge with the gold background complements the black shirt better than the retro celebration badge would.

I like the black shirt and wish I was 40 years younger and 2 stones lighter to model one............bugger it, I may wait till the end of the season ( when they're a tenner ) and get it to wear on my next holiday abroad.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone on Twitter acting like the recent badge was detested by all when in reality when the newer badge was introduced in 2011, there were some who disliked it, mainly out of tradition, but a large number of supporters welcomed the change and viewed it as being a progressive step forward for the club. It was around the same time a lot of clubs had updated their badges to look more modern (City and Huddersfield being two examples). The badge itself was rather well liked, the owl on it being more prominent and looking quite intimidating was welcomed. So I don’t know where this revisionist “we never liked that badge” has come from

1 hour ago, JohnnyPimp said:

From the article you linked: -

With fan consultation and feeback for the home and away shirts, as well as a vote, hummel decided that the third shirt should remain with the current shield that has been used over the last few years to cater for all.”

That's found me out then - I only look at the pictures. Still prefer the Sapere Aude Owl, but obviously I'm just an old stick in the mud.

52 minutes ago, underdog said:

Don't Eden creative still have the rights on the badge?...the recent shield one?

Wouldn’t have thought the have rights unless they did the redesign for free and agreed a payment structure based on the use of the badge in the future. Otherwise we’d have paid a Straight design fee for it and all rights remain with us. Although nothing surprises me with this club and the chaos that seems to surround 90% of dealings undertaken. 

Here's what you could have won? These sketches from OAFC's graphics desiner's twitter account show a blue Ajax kit was under some kind of consideration at one point, as well as a kit combining the red pinstripes of the Prem kit with the hooped kit from a couple of years after it.

1596471589084-png.12941

1596471795609-png.12942
I imagine they are from the fan consultation they had, before it was ultimately decided to have a solid blue and a red and white stripes.

4 hours ago, super_blue said:

Wouldn’t have thought the have rights unless they did the redesign for free and agreed a payment structure based on the use of the badge in the future. Otherwise we’d have paid a Straight design fee for it and all rights remain with us. Although nothing surprises me with this club and the chaos that seems to surround 90% of dealings undertaken. 

pretty sure they do, sort of remember it about the time when Al was buying and what he was buying. I remember something about him owning the badge but he doesn't Eden do. I will presume it has been sorted though

22 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Everyone on Twitter acting like the recent badge was detested by all when in reality when the newer badge was introduced in 2011, there were some who disliked it, mainly out of tradition, but a large number of supporters welcomed the change and viewed it as being a progressive step forward for the club. It was around the same time a lot of clubs had updated their badges to look more modern (City and Huddersfield being two examples). The badge itself was rather well liked, the owl on it being more prominent and looking quite intimidating was welcomed. So I don’t know where this revisionist “we never liked that badge” has come from

I've never liked it. I remember a lot on here the same. 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, Simpo said:

Here's what you could have won? These sketches from OAFC's graphics desiner's twitter account show a blue Ajax kit was under some kind of consideration at one point, as well as a kit combining the red pinstripes of the Prem kit with the hooped kit from a couple of years after it.

1596471589084-png.12941

1596471795609-png.12942
I imagine they are from the fan consultation they had, before it was ultimately decided to have a solid blue and a red and white stripes.

Derided by whom?

Archived