Harry Kewell Departure Watch

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

Dying for a long time, since the pivotal Hughes goal at Wembley...the result of a bad decision by Royle, in my opinion. The slow death has been interspersed with many false dawns and periods of elation. I cannot see any way out with the clown in charge, his sidekick brother and the Covid-19 disaster. I think it's too late for Latics and many other minnow clubs.

I blame Gavrilo Princip. But for him we would probably have been League Champions in 1914/15, and the rest would have been history......

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

They've basically killed the game with the saturation coverage their greed demanded. 

I used to look forward to going to the pub on Sunday afternoon and Monday night to watch the premiership matches but there are so many on ( even pre-Covid ) that you'd have to have a bit of a drink problem to watch them all.

The ridiculous amounts Sky and BT charge licensed premises allied to the overkill of matches shown will backfire spectacularly before long. 

Very rue. Unfortunately as long as people are willing to fork out silly money for Sky Sports and BT Sport the PL will continue it's spending. Then again, if Sky and BT don't spend the money there are others like Amazon and Apple which will step in, but only if there is a market for it. It's all down to the demand. I started watching some of the games on Pick at the end of last season, but gave up because the games were so poor.

18 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I blame Gavrilo Princip. But for him we would probably have been League Champions in 1914/15, and the rest would have been history......

Spurs were relegated! :D 

We should demand a 'reset' by say, about a 105 years.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

All is good with HK and AL..Harry Kewell says he is in regular dialogue with Abdallah Lemsagam who is "hurting" #oafc https://t.co/WBFdMOLRA7

He talks like the fans think that he is not the man to take the club forward, not AL! He may be right though. 

He speaks to AL 2 or 3 times a day. Why is that necessary?

He says it takes time with new players and a new system. We can already see that defenders lump the ball forward to no-one and the midfielders can't pass 10 yard balls accurately. Is that the new system?

52 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Trying to buy himself some time, you can't blame him for that. Unfortunately he isn't up to the job, the next man or woman will struggle as well. 

Do you think it might be a woman? I'm thinking of asking my wife to apply next time as I'm sure she couldn't do worse.

33 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Lose Saturday and I think he will be gone, if my boss rang me 3 times a day I’d be concerned 

not that his replacement will be able to do much better 

I don't think we can be certain it's Kewell ringing every time, this is Lemsagam we're talking about!
I do agree about any replacement.

10 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Lose Saturday and I think he will be gone, if my boss rang me 3 times a day I’d be concerned 

not that his replacement will be able to do much better 

Do you think Marco Face Time's him telling what he can have for lunch?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived