Harry Kewell Departure Watch

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I thought Oldham fans didn't care about that, they just want winning football?

When your only choice seems to be losing most matches, I'll take losing while playing good attacking football over losing while lumping long high balls up to Snow White's crew

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Behind Closed Doors said:

ALs wife and HKs wife close friends since AL brokered HK transfer to Dubai......makes sacking him more difficult too

The more I see and the more I hear is AL is the biggest puppet of all - he had his pants pulled down by Corney then his brother gets his dream role of playing “football (sporting director) manager” now the guys wife’s best mates husband a job”

the man is monumentally thick - I almost feel sorry for him 

7 hours ago, kev1969 said:

He has failed at both clubs he has been at why the hell did we employ him

Don't think he failed at Crawley. He certainly got the job at Notts County who were one of the pre-season favourites on the back of his form at Crawley. 

He didn't do much at Notts County though. 

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The more I see and the more I hear is AL is the biggest puppet of all - he had his pants pulled down by Corney then his brother gets his dream role of playing “football (sporting director) manager” now the guys wife’s best mates husband a job”

the man is monumentally thick - I almost feel sorry for him 

This is why I think Al is not the biggest problem here. It's more the fact he's surrounded himself with some really bad people. Including his flat cap twat of a brother. 

2 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

This is why I think Al is not the biggest problem here. It's more the fact he's surrounded himself with some really bad people. Including his flat cap twat of a brother. 

He keeps giving his brother free reign while he is costing him millions and its Abdullah who has the power to get rid of him but doesn't. That's weak leadership.

AL aslong as he is the owner is the central problem once he goes Mo goes and you would hope the incompetent Barry Owen too.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He keeps giving his brother free reign while he is costing him millions and its Abdullah who has the power to get rid of him but doesn't. That's weak leadership.

AL aslong as he is the owner is the central problem once he goes Mo goes and you would hope the incompetent Barry Owen too.

I see your point. I was just thinking if only his involvement was to just invest where needed and had some good footballing people running the day to day stuff. Things would be much different under his ownership. He needs to come to the realization that his brother is shit at his job and fire him or just leave the club all together. 

1 hour ago, Canada_latic said:

I see your point. I was just thinking if only his involvement was to just invest where needed and had some good footballing people running the day to day stuff. Things would be much different under his ownership. He needs to come to the realization that his brother is shit at his job and fire him or just leave the club all together. 

Yeah I agree with you on that 100% can't see it happening though.

All Latics fans should give their full support to Simon Blitz when he launches his attempt to save the club from going over the precipice. I`m quietly confident that he's waiting in the background, whilst the effects of covid ravage the game financially, and will eventually put a package together that will place club and ground under the ownership of one limited company. I suspect the officers of that limited company will not include any of the current regime.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, disjointed said:

As much as I agree, we will only end up going round in circles with the debate that no manager could succeed under these owners. And that is the plain fact of the matter. 

Perhaps. But still... get rid. 

Just now, mick26 said:

Agree he's not the right man but doubt he's brought in any of this shower of shite.

Maybe, but he does seems to have a knack of picking the worst of the ‘shower’ on a regular basis and plays others in the wrong position... and when it’s obvious something needs to change he does nothing.  He’s useless. 

This league is beyond shite....As bad as we think this side is we should be comfortably mid table...Harry Kewell is definitely underperforming.

An experienced manager such as Alexander, recently sacked by Salford, would no doubt have these players much better organised and well away from the relegation places.

Archived