• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Frankie was a solid appointment slated by some on here. He was treated like a sack of shit. Disgraceful. Don't treat a hero like that, especially after a few months. He was doing okay. He was bui

And people are still prepared to debate the merits of managers on here and reckon all our problems will go away if Kewell ends up being the next fall guy    Kewell will go as a last resort an

After weeks of absolute shite we are now seeing a massive improvement in both performances and results. We are by no means there yet but for about 20 minutes at Valley Parade today we were absolu

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You’d hope so BP but apparently AL’s wife is best mates with Kewell’s Mrs....Unfortunately I think it’s going to have to get a whole lot worse before that happens!!

Pity she wasn't best friends with Jurgan Klopp's wife.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Wardie said:

He has more affinity with the club than anybody who is there at the present moment.

He’s been out of management for a long while now but I’m pretty sure he’d still get this lot sorted out double quick.

Although unlikely...If AL were to give him a free reign I’d have him back in a heartbeat!!

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s been out of management for a long while now but I’m pretty sure he’d still get this lot sorted out double quick.

Although unlikely...If AL were to give him a free reign I’d have him back in a heartbeat!!

The heady days of the League One playoffs and a midfield maestro. The current team are not worthy to lick their boots.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

You’d hope so BP but apparently AL’s wife is best mates with Kewell’s Mrs....Unfortunately I think it’s going to have to get a whole lot worse before that happens!!

If true then that's one hell of a "Get out of  jail "card

There are better managers out there without question.  I can't see any better manager wanting to come to the club and get noticeably better results under this current regime.

We could definitely pick apart Kewell's flaws and I'd go as far as saying that we've downgraded from Maamria (who's flaws we could also pick apart).  But I believe that giving any manager a season will do more for us than chopping and changing.

So while I think he's here more because he's AL's mate rather than being the best man for the job, I hope it'll give him more leeway than previous managers, because no manager will turn the club around in the time that any of those previous managers have been given.

• Like 1

And people are still prepared to debate the merits of managers on here and reckon all our problems will go away if Kewell ends up being the next fall guy :petesake:

Kewell will go as a last resort and probably at a time when it will deflect some attention away from the gimps running the show, literally wouldn't matter if you had Sean Dyche managing us these owners would only take us one way, do our fans really think Kewell is anything but a puppet, Mo will be picking the team or having a huge influence in it, Kewell is just a front for the absolute circus our club has become. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And people are still prepared to debate the merits of managers on here and reckon all our problems will go away if Kewell ends up being the next fall guy :petesake:

Kewell will go as a last resort and probably at a time when it will deflect some attention away from the gimps running the show, literally wouldn't matter if you had Sean Dyche managing us these owners would only take us one way, do our fans really think Kewell is anything but a puppet, Mo will be picking the team or having a huge influence in it, Kewell is just a front for the absolute circus our club has become. 

Yes, my feeling is the oven ready head youth coach was brought in for such an event 

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It would matter. Sean Dyche is a bell end.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Are there still fans out there who think the manager doesn’t have any effect anymore. . . I’ll give you 3 managers  who worked under same circumstances as Kewell and did a better job. 

Bunn

Wild

Dino. 

The manager does matter. Even at crisis clubs. At the very least an adequate one stops the bad from becoming horrific. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There are better managers out there without question.  I can't see any better manager wanting to come to the club and get noticeably better results under this current regime.

We could definitely pick apart Kewell's flaws and I'd go as far as saying that we've downgraded from Maamria (who's flaws we could also pick apart).  But I believe that giving any manager a season will do more for us than chopping and changing.

So while I think he's here more because he's AL's mate rather than being the best man for the job, I hope it'll give him more leeway than previous managers, because no manager will turn the club around in the time that any of those previous managers have been given.

The problem isn’t getting rid of Kewell. The issue is when he doesn’t back Or sacks Bunn or wild or Dino. He’s had adequate/good managers who in time could have done well. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Nobody has said all our problems go away if Kewell leaves.  

Doesn’t stop him being a bloody terrible manager though does it.  He needs to wake up fast. This is not the prem, you cant rotate down here. Pick your best team and stick with it. Oh... and fucking react early when it’s obviously going wrong, admit it’s not working. He’s either monumentally arrogant or monumentally thick. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Nobody has said all our problems go away if Kewell leaves.  

Doesn’t stop him being a bloody terrible manager though does it.  He needs to wake up fast. This is not the prem, you cant rotate down here. Pick your best team and stick with it. Oh... and fucking react early when it’s obviously going wrong, admit it’s not working. He’s either monumentally arrogant or monumentally thick. 

I fear he’s a bit of both. 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Are there still fans out there who think the manager doesn’t have any effect anymore. . . I’ll give you 3 managers  who worked under same circumstances as Kewell and did a better job. 

Bunn

Wild

Dino. 

The manager does matter. Even at crisis clubs. At the very least an adequate one stops the bad from becoming horrific. 

I think it matters but not to the extent some like to think, I mean I very much doubt any of the exes you quote would have this squad much further up the table.

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Bunn

Wild

Dino. 

Not a fan of Kewell but Bunn, Wild and Dino had much better players.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Bunn

Wild

Dino. 

But is it just a coincidence that every manager gets worse though?

Or is it related to cost cutting/ better managers not wanting anything to do with us due to the owners/ or simply because the longer we spend in this league the more difficult it is to get back out of it?        

Edited by oafc 123