Harry Kewell Departure Watch

38 minutes ago, disjointed said:

A shit Scunny sde battered us, you can only lose to the crap you are up against. 

Yep, just a fortnight ago reading on here we were shit, an embarrassment, and HK should resign. Now we are destined for promotion and need to tie down all our quality players... funny old game eh. Let's see where we are at Christmas before getting carried away!

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way we play is ok for away games where teams come at us. Exeter, Barrow and Bradford all came at us. Teams away from home tend to sit in and we have struggled to break them down, especially when they score first. Bradford were really affected when Ismail went off. Their heads seemed to drop and just didn't offer any fight. Let's see what happens tomorrow with Tranmere. Cambridge will be a very tough nut to crack. If we get points from those games, then we can start saying we have turned a corner. 

11 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Me too. Clearly a serial killer.

Moans every single game about the fixture list, didn’t turn up to one game because of it. He literally didn’t turn up to his clubs fixture. He’s not been held to ransom to manage in this league, it was that structure when he applied for the job and it still is. Take your multi million pound club and fuck off. Grinds my gears that man. 

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Moans every single game about the fixture list, didn’t turn up to one game because of it. He literally didn’t turn up to his clubs fixture. He’s not been held to ransom to manage in this league, it was that structure when he applied for the job and it still is. Take your multi million pound club and fuck off. Grinds my gears that man. 

The nice jolly man facade slips very quickly and easily when things don't go his way.  I get the impressions he's secretly a quite nasty individual

20 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah hate Klopp 

17 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Me too. Clearly a serial killer.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The nice jolly man facade slips very quickly and easily when things don't go his way.  I get the impressions he's secretly a quite nasty individual

I like the guy. He does react when he feels he is being treated unfairly or is being asked leading questions but in general he comes across well and seems a decent bloke to me.

I imagine he can be tough when he needs to be but I just cannot accept that he is a nasty individual.

He’s just a big teddy bear 🧸 

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Spot on. And to make things worse, the BBC and Sky think the sun shines out of his arse. He gets away with his touchline antics far more than other managers.

His comments to the BT Sport reporter after the Brighton game were a disgrace.

After playing us on Tuesday, Barrow had to play Wimbledon in the 1st round of the cup on Thursday. Had they won that, they would have had the 2nd round to play on Saturday or Sunday and another league game this week. Granted, they may have had the league game cancelled and the Cup game put back to Monday. I wonder how any of the PL clubs would have reacted to that, even with their much larger squads.

On 11/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, dannyboy55555 said:

ucking hell we win a few games and we are worried about contracts and losing our superstar manager! Think we need to calm down a tad.

Danny,

I think you rather over estimate my concern. It was an attempt to get a bit of discussion going on a dull wet Sunday.

I've always thought that short of Mr Moneybags rocking up the only way up is to build over  number of seasons- a sensible thought through recruitment plan with a sprinkling of homegrown talent. Next month we get to see if we are building, selling anything we can or something else.

Recently every August has seen a gaggle of strangers rock up. Maybe - just maybe we have a core of a team starting to gell.

This season feels like the first time we've been scoring plenty and actually have our leading scorers contracted in a long time.

I do think it would be a mistake however to cash in Rowe in Jan or let him walk in the summer.

I suppose it shows progress from the team that we aren't calling for Kewell's head after a defeat.

There seems to be an acceptance that we have enough quality to win some games and should be able to stay away from trouble, but have glaring flaws that are going to stop us from storming the league.

Kewell is by no means doing an amazing job, but sacking him wouldn't improve us and I really hope the owners see that too, because the club can't deal with being unsettled again in the short term.

7 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I suppose it shows progress from the team that we aren't calling for Kewell's head after a defeat.

There seems to be an acceptance that we have enough quality to win some games and should be able to stay away from trouble, but have glaring flaws that are going to stop us from storming the league.

Kewell is by no means doing an amazing job, but sacking him wouldn't improve us and I really hope the owners see that too, because the club can't deal with being unsettled again in the short term.

Agreed. Altho some are still choosing to miss it, on the pitch we are now sneaking in the right direction. It's just that we've got to come back quite a way to cancel out the old fuckups.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived