Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

December 30th at 11:06am

Think it’s safe to say that the little “slowly slowly” good will AL has cultivated of late would be well and truly lost if he pulled the trigger on yet another manager - his top choice and not even doing too badly.

id say not even he would be so stupid but then again he has Shitpeas as a top advisor and that toilet certainly is 

• 3 weeks later...

Well since beating Bradford at home on Dec 15th....a long month ago...we have lost easily at home to Harrogate, Walsall and Mansfield, are out of the FA Cup, have conceded 14 goals in 6 games, and are only 7 pts off Grimsby in the relegation spots....

With our next 4 games against teams currently 2nd, 5th, 6th and 11th wouldn't surprise me in the least if Harry's gone by 1st Feb.

Needs 6 pts I recon to release some pressure.

Our home performances this season have dropped to a new level....7 points from a possible 36 and just 2 wins in 12 is about as bad as I have ever seen. 

The quality in this piss poor league is truly shocking and unbelievably, turning just 4 of our home loses into victories and giving us what would still be a barely average home record would see us joint top!

As bad as we are, the right signings, in the right areas, could see us advance into the playoff positions at the very least!

8 minutes ago, andya said:

we still got outside chance of play offs keep him end season the see what happens

I don't think anyone is calling for his head, we need stability and take it from there. A couple of solid midfielders, one with a bit of nous, stick young Alfie alongside them who will be a better player for it. The play offs ain't going to happen, let's make sure we don't get drawn into a relegation dogfight. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Our home performances this season have dropped to a new level....7 points from a possible 36 and just 2 wins in 12 is about as bad as I have ever seen. 

The quality in this piss poor league is truly shocking and unbelievably, turning just 4 of our home loses into victories and giving us what would still be a barely average home record would see us joint top!

As bad as we are, the right signings, in the right areas, could see us advance into the playoff positions at the very least!

The 5-6 teams directly above us are probably thinking the same thing and I know which ones I'd fancy to get it right.

Our focus should be solely on securing the 15-20 points we need to ensure league status.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The 5-6 teams directly above us are probably thinking the same thing and I know which ones I'd fancy to get it right.

Our focus should be solely on securing the 15-20 points we need to ensure league status.

This is my thinking, let's get to 50 points or stay out of the bottom 2 when they call a halt to the season again. 

22 hours ago, disjointed said:

I don't think anyone is calling for his head, we need stability and take it from there. A couple of solid midfielders, one with a bit of nous, stick young Alfie alongside them who will be a better player for it. The play offs ain't going to happen, let's make sure we don't get drawn into a relegation dogfight. 

That's the sensible plan, so we can probably assume it won't happen. I shall therefore withdraw into Very Worried mode.

The link below is from today's Melbourne Age with Kewell trying to drum up Aussie footballers to go to Europe. Will any turn up at Boundary Park? (I doubt it).

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/go-north-young-man-kewell-says-aussie-talent-should-be-playing-in-europe-20210115-p56udu.html

6 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

The link below is from today's Melbourne Age with Kewell trying to drum up Aussie footballers to go to Europe. Will any turn up at Boundary Park? (I doubt it).

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/go-north-young-man-kewell-says-aussie-talent-should-be-playing-in-europe-20210115-p56udu.html

11 George Blackwoods - that’ll solve it....

On 1/14/2021 at 4:48 PM, oafc1955 said:

On the other hand maybe it’s better just to get to 50 points ASAP. Stevenage, Barrow & Grimsby all have very winnable games today. If that happens and we lose, the gap to the relegation places will be down to 3 points!!

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm at a stage where I don't feel strongly enough to demand his sacking, but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he went...

The football is more entertaining than last season and for that reason alone I think he's taken us forwards (that really is starting from a very low base of course).

That will only last so long though.  I think it's in club's best interests to give a manager more than a year to develop the team rather than scrap it and start again, but there needs to further signs of improvement in the next year.

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I think it's in club's best interests to give a manager more than a year to develop the team rather than scrap it and start again, but there needs to further signs of improvement in the next year.

Either way he won't really get the chance to develop a team as it will yet again be almost an entirely new one next time round anyway

Archived