Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Frankie was a solid appointment slated by some on here. He was treated like a sack of shit. Disgraceful. Don't treat a hero like that, especially after a few months. He was doing okay. He was bui

And people are still prepared to debate the merits of managers on here and reckon all our problems will go away if Kewell ends up being the next fall guy    Kewell will go as a last resort an

After weeks of absolute shite we are now seeing a massive improvement in both performances and results. We are by no means there yet but for about 20 minutes at Valley Parade today we were absolu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Does he?

 

He looked frustrated to me at Cheltenham, one match he's wide next he's central. I'm sure he much prefers playing wide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

 

Either way he won't really get the chance to develop a team as it will yet again be almost an entirely new one next time round anyway

A very good point, and even if they are all up for a new contract, we wouldn't want to keep too many anyway.

So looking at the squad signed up for 2022 nevitably none further thn 2022

GK

Bilboe Option for21-22

 

Def

Badan

Hamer, if he's here

Piergianni

 

Mid

Bahamboula option 21-22. Got to take that one up

Whelan

Adams

 

Str

Blackwood

Dearnley

 

Pretty woeful as you initimated.

 

Edited by singe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, singe said:

A very good point, and even if they are all up for a new contract, we wouldn't want to keep too many anyway.

So looking at the squad signed up for 2022 nevitably none further thn 2022

GK

Bilboe Option for21-22

 

Def

Badan

Hamer, if he's here

Piergianni

 

Mid

Bahamboula option 21-22. Got to take that one up

Whelan

 

Str

Blackwood

Darnley

 

Woeful as you initimated.

Fucking hell, so 1 and a half first team regulars. 
 

That’s bad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fucking hell, so 1 and a half first team regulars. 
 

That’s bad. 

I was just checking Adams, as I took the list from the sumer squad post.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, singe said:

A very good point, and even if they are all up for a new contract, we wouldn't want to keep too many anyway.

So looking at the squad signed up for 2022 nevitably none further thn 2022

GK

Bilboe Option for21-22

 

Def

Badan

Hamer, if he's here

Piergianni

 

Mid

Bahamboula option 21-22. Got to take that one up

Whelan

Adams

 

Str

Blackwood

Dearnley

 

Pretty woeful as you initimated.

 

 

And Bamboula will surely be sold, is that what you call team building AL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Love this from the Oldham Times - are you sure that you have quoted Harry correctly?

 

“We’re playing a way where we may have to score more goals than the opposition to win games.”

 

Er...I think that’s the only way 👀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In his interview with the trust he says that teams in L2 always concede goals so, it's better to bring in strikers rather than defenders. Surely if you have decent defenders, the opposition strikers will struggle to score. He's talking absolute garbage there. (Making excuses for Mo)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

In his interview with the trust he says that teams in L2 always concede goals so, it's better to bring in strikers rather than defenders. Surely if you have decent defenders, the opposition strikers will struggle to score. He's talking absolute garbage there. (Making excuses for Mo)

Good sides build from the back and with more quality in our defence, we'd of been in the top six now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Good sides build from the back and with more quality in our defence, we'd of been in the top six now

Isn’t that like saying “ if we were a better team, we’d be higher” ? 
Of course we’d be further up the league with more quality in defence. But we’d probably create more goals with more quality in midfield, and score more with more quality in our attack. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Isn’t that like saying “ if we were a better team, we’d be higher” ? 
Of course we’d be further up the league with more quality in defence. But we’d probably create more goals with more quality in midfield, and score more with more quality in our attack. 
 

Liverpool being a prime example of this?

 

It's like saying all you need is a good defence and the rest takes care of itself at this level, you only need keep out the opposition and it's impossible to lose.

Like Liverpool, we can score but also, just like them, we have a crap defence.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a yes from me we need some sort of stability .attacking wise best for a long time defence issues need sorting obviously but he’s done enough to get a new deal in my opinion 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd keep him for at least another season. He's got us playing some good football, but he's got to get into Mo's ribs for a decent defender or three for next season.

 

Has to keep DKD, Bahamboula, McAleny, get Grant on a year's deal and, somehow, replace Hilssner and McCalmont.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Would we appoint anyone better? Can't see it. Renew.

 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Bonkers to start again from scratch.(it's a good job I'm saying that about the head coach rather than the team...)

These would be my reasons for giving him another year.  Which is a bit depressing.  Would rather be saying renew because I thought he was really good at his job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, latics22 said:

I think he gets a hard time, he done a good job, brought in decentish players, improved some and has to deal with mo. Defo keep him !

I think that he has done a decent job. He seems to be better at coaching teams how to go forward than how to defend. 

In managerial terms he is still a novice - he needs to keep learning and progressing. Ultimately he will need to modify some of his approach if he is to gain success. Extend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...