Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course not.  But that doesn’t mean Kewell gets a free pass

But there are posts above saying plenty will apply.  They may well do but won't be relevant if they just appoint internally which has to be a strong possibility one would think.  we're not going to agree - I think Kewell deserves two seasons minimum, you disagree.  That's fine; all good with that. 

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But there are posts above saying plenty will apply.  They may well do but won't be relevant if they just appoint internally which has to be a strong possibility one would think.  we're not going to agree - I think Kewell deserves two seasons minimum, you disagree.  That's fine; all good with that. 

👍🏻

There are two different options there. 

People will always apply, but it’s whether they get a look in as you say. 

If kewell goes and our youth coach is given it. It will piss me off. Because we’re going from bad to worse. 

If Kewell goes and someone better is appointed then fair enough.  

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

A lot of people making the excuse for Kewell that he doesn't recruit the players and he has had players "dumped" on him. Didn't he come out in that Trust interview and say he has the final say on all players? Continuity is good, but continuity in 17th place in League Two isn't good enough. And he spouts some nonsense. I would be happy to see him depart...

He did, but the AL said that about all the previous managers. Pete Wild, Dino and Wellens disagreed.

It's rumoured that the Chancellor will extend the furlough scheme until September. Will AL repeat his mistake of last season by pissing off our best players, or will he have learnt his lesson? It's probably a no brainer that he will do the same again.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The problem is few decent managers would consent to join us under the current regime so our options are not as open as others.

I'm a great believer in giving a person a fair crack at the job and to my mind Kewell deserves at least another 12 months drinking from the poison chalice.

How many can reasonably think that anyone could have done a much better job given the circumstances ? 

What is a decent manager ? She succeed then nearly always fail. I'd imagine alot is down to timing, right place right time. Not so much talent. Or u would have consistently good manager, who go to any club and succeed. Pot Harry in charge of Madrid I'm sure he would do very well.

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not really bothered what they think, it's my club and my opinion !!

But you asked, and I quote, "How many can reasonably think that anyone could have done a much better job given the circumstances ?"

My answer was that the CEO thinks it is a top ten squad so would imagine he would think a better manager can have them in the top 10...

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Was just going to post the same. People are assuming our better will be here. Which with the exception of Baha who has an option they won’t be. How many two year contracts do we have, to my knowledge it’s one- Dearnley. 

With or without Kewell the squad will be very different next year. So the stability and building for the future is completely moot. Most of time now it’s a one season shoot out, which is why this season is infuriating, because we had a real chance this year. 

Nicky Adams (2022)  
Andrea Badan (2022)
Dylan Bahamboula (2021 plus option)
Marcus Barnes (2021 plus option)
Laurence Bilboe (2021 plus option)
George Blackwood (2022)
Zak Dearnley (2022)
Kyle Jameson (2021 plus option)
Brice Ntambwe (2021 plus option)
Carl Piergianni (2022)
Callum Whelan (2022)

Just now, oafcmetty said:

Nicky Adams (2022)  
Andrea Badan (2022)
George Blackwood (2022)
Zak Dearnley (2022)
Carl Piergianni (2022)
Callum Whelan (2022)

Of that lot there is only Adams and Bambam who are worth keeping. 

9 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Nicky Adams (2022)  
Andrea Badan (2022)
George Blackwood (2022)
Zak Dearnley (2022)
Carl Piergianni (2022)
Callum Whelan (2022)

Bloody hell. 

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

But you asked, and I quote, "How many can reasonably think that anyone could have done a much better job given the circumstances ?"

My answer was that the CEO thinks it is a top ten squad so would imagine he would think a better manager can have them in the top 10...

Do you think it's a top 10 squad?

From what I can see 17th in league 2 is about what this squad is. I don't think a different manager going to get much more out of this squad.

On a more general point a gripe I have with football fans is the constant need to blame the manager/Head Coach. It's a narrative that people have convinced themselves that the next manager will change everything.

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I would definitely give him another season to try and tweak the squad.

We have real problems at the back and obviously they must be addressed for next season, however, we have close to, if not the best attack in the division. I haven’t seen anything remotely close since the Joe Royle era and they are an absolute joy to watch at times!

Somebody at the club (unless we have been extremely lucky) has a real eye for a player and it could well be Harry!

If, and it’s a big if, that level of recruitment can be replicated and we can hold on to the likes of McAleny, Dunn, and Bahamboula we could quite easily smash this division next season.

We’ve waited a hell of a long time and haven’t come close to achieving anything for nigh on 30 years. IMO a little continuity and patience is definitely the way to go!

After watching that performance tonight....If this was on paper I would rip it up and throw it in the bin!!!😡😡

He has no idea how to set up a team formation, a basic in coaching.

I fear the few decent ones here will be sold and a bunch of players no one wants will be drafted in again.

No matter who the manager is it won't work with ALMO at the helm.

A consortium needs to take over, the sooner the better.

Archived