Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Can someone ask Abdallah why we were favourites to be in the bottom two?

Probably still laying the foundations. We must have great foundations now because it's all he has been doing for the last 3 and a half years...

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Probably still laying the foundations. We must have great foundations now because it's all he has been doing for the last 3 and a half years...

When is the 5 year plan scheduled to start?........must be next season! 🤡🤡

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Best way to build slowly is to sign players on one year deals is it. The reason for it is, they aren't sure the players are good enough for longer contracts because they haven't seen them play in competitive games. They should know by now that the players who turn out to be decent decide not to sign up again, and they have to start all over again.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

And getting us relegated.

57 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Best way to build slowly is to sign players on one year deals is it. The reason for it is, they aren't sure the players are good enough for longer contracts because they haven't seen them play in competitive games. They should know by now that the players who turn out to be decent decide not to sign up again, and they have to start all over again.

And getting us relegated.

So they don't trust their own judgement. Not as daft as I thought. 

45 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Can't really argue with that, can we?

That 17th in League 2 is acceptable because we were relegation favourites pre season??

Probably not.  But how fucking depressing is it!!!

If we keep our preferred players and keep adding a bit of quality then we are as he says, building steadily but that’s not going to happen is it?

When all our loanees have returned to their respective clubs and key players have moved on we’ll be left with a pile of shite and once again starting from scratch!!

Can you imagine next season

without those outstanding away performances? It would be a massive struggle just to stay in the football league. 

We are 2/3 the way through the season and our home form which could well be vital next season shows absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever. 

I am not at all confident and have seen little evidence so far that our coaching and recruitment will be anywhere near the required standard to move the club forward.......have we actually even started this 5 year plan?

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we keep our preferred players and keep adding a bit of quality then we are as he says, building steadily but that’s not going to happen is it?

When all our loanees have returned to their respective clubs and key players have moved on we’ll be left with a pile of shite and once again starting from scratch!!

Can you imagine next season

without those outstanding away performances? It would be a massive struggle just to stay in the football league. 

We are 2/3 the way through the season and our home form which could well be vital next season shows absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever. 

I am not at all confident and have seen little evidence so far that our coaching and recruitment will be anywhere near the required standard to move the club forward.......have we actually even started this 5 year plan?

I think the game as a whole will look upon this season as a bit of an outlier, wouldn't be seeing it as a great indicator of what will happen next season.

The 5 year plan went in the bin when Covid came, don't think it is fair to keep using it as a stick to beat them with.

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think the game as a whole will look upon this season as a bit of an outlier, wouldn't be seeing it as a great indicator of what will happen next season.

The 5 year plan went in the bin when Covid came, don't think it is fair to keep using it as a stick to beat them with.

Seriously?? They never had any sort of plan, the flimsy nonsense they described as such would have been better called a vague idea. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously?? They never had any sort of plan, the flimsy nonsense they described as such would have been better called a vague idea. 

Oh I never believed it, just think it is futile to keep referring to it.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Don't then... 😁 

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The 5 year plan went in the bin on Day 1, it wasn't even quarter arsed. There was no focus on youth, no development on Chapel Road for example.
Natalie was very positive that is was a chance to reset.
Even the most negative of us, could see in January that couple or 3 asture signings, especially sort the CB situation, and we could even be challenging the play offs.

Covid had potentially positive ramifications for the club. All that happened was that the Directors reverted to type.

We snatched abysmality from the jaws of opportunity.

On 3/4/2021 at 2:13 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The only foundations look to be for a gravestone, with the inscription 'R.I.P Latics'. 

Archived