Harry Kewell Departure Watch

22 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

That 17th in League 2 is acceptable because we were relegation favourites pre season??

Probably not.  But how fucking depressing is it!!!

l read it more like 'we had about 1% chance of promotion but l made a few people believe. stick w me and l'll take us up next year.'

Go on Harry, lad 🛳🛳🛳🛳

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2021 at 10:17 AM, League one forever said:

Karl thinks we’ve got a top ten squad. . 

He's wrong, we haven't been in the top 10 all season and we are unlikely to get in it between now and May.

Although oddly I'm quite happy for the MD to say that publicly to try and make the players believe that they are good enough as I want the players and staff to believe in themselves and aspire to be better.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He's wrong, we haven't been in the top 10 all season and we are unlikely to get in it between now and May.

Although oddly I'm quite happy for the MD to say that publicly to try and make the players believe that they are good enough as I want the players and staff to believe in themselves and aspire to be better.

Agreed. 

We have two top ten players. Mac and Bam. The rest are very average. The frustrating thing is, you’re usually only as good as strikers and we have had our best frontline for a while. It’s such a shame we have a coach who thinks, ‘everyone concedes’ and seems to totally disregard defensive shape and continuity. 

I’m a bit meh about this one. Had us playing some attractive counter attacking football away from home, but you simply can’t excuse that home form. 
There are still far bigger problems at the club than the head coach though. Incredible that the sporting director can stay in a job with his piss poor recruitment largely.

Owner consistent in not accepting the league position. Not surprising to see him go tbh but do feel operating like this isn’t getting us anywhere. Back to sq 1. Temp appointment to end of season and brand new team for start of next year. Brilliant.

28 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Wrong decision, deserved another year.

It's down bad management of our club by the Lemsagams, but I can't see how you can say HK deserved another year on merit. We've been dire mostly and are 16th in the Fourth division. 

He left it to Mo to recruit and stated he was happy with that for that after a poor window, for that reason alone he didn't deserve another year. 

23 hours ago, BP1960 said:

HK looked worried and frustrated in the after match interview.

I cant see how he can turn this inept lot round myself.

I could see it coming from his body language in the interview.

Archived