Harry Kewell Departure Watch

21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Which goes to show how shit he is at appointing them in the first place.

Good quality managers at Div 2 are hard to come by.. We have had our fair share of rookies, dinosaurs and under achievers over the years surely we have to hit the jackpot with one of them 😂

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Frankies6 said:

Good quality managers at Div 2 are hard to come by.. We have had our fair share of rookies, dinosaurs and under achievers over the years surely we have to hit the jackpot with one of them 😂

Ronnie Moore would do a job in this league - but he’d also tell Mo to fuck off before he’d signed his contract so wouldn’t happen

2 hours ago, singe said:

Naturally 2 games in is too soon, but when? When we've dropped into the Conference or a bit before... ?! How long do you give him? 

Trouble is, he he talks a good game, but has nothing to back it up with except his achievements on the pitch. But I really hope the players haven't lost respect for him his achievements merit already because that's it. 

Honestly don't think he does talk a good game. Up to now he's just come across to me as an empty headed dreamer. Hope he does something soon to make me change my opinion.

1 hour ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Honestly don't think he does talk a good game. Up to now he's just come across to me as an empty headed dreamer. Hope he does something soon to make me change my opinion.

I think your instinct about his presser was spot on the other day, when you said he looked under pressure or something of that ilk. I also agree with your assessment above. I think one of two things has happened or both- Mo won’t leave him alone, or he’s been found out by the players. Doesn’t take a group long to realise that a manager is full of shit or has no substance. The football under Dino was garbage, but at least he had something about him- a bit of character- HK just looks lost to me. 

2 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

I don't mean a good game that we would fall for, or most savvy players. 

I mean the bullshit that would baffle the brains of the likes if AlMoBO. 

18 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

What! ..and take Rowe off ? Imagine the shit storm on here 

Read the thread back to where @OneSizeFitz responded to me saying put Blackwood on instead of Badan, go three at the back and drop McAleny in behind Rowe and Blackwood. No one mentioned taking Rowe off.

It was an idea to change things rather than just change a LB for a LB.

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Read the thread back to where @OneSizeFitz responded to me saying put Blackwood on instead of Badan, go three at the back and drop McAleny in behind Rowe and Blackwood. No one mentioned taking Rowe off.

It was an idea to change things rather than just change a LB for a LB.

... correct and nobody took Rowe off which would also have been an idea? But off limits on here ?

Rowe has played 145 minutes of our 4 games ...we are losing 0-4 while he is on....in the other 215 minutes when he was not on we are winning 3-1

the usual suspects will be on crucifying me now but so be it 

41 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

... correct and nobody took Rowe off which would also have been an idea? But off limits on here ?

Rowe has played 145 minutes of our 4 games ...we are losing 0-4 while he is on....in the other 215 minutes when he was not on we are winning 3-1

BOOOOOORING

I've learned from scouting over many years players body language can tell you a lot, and from what I've seen in the last couple of games some players are distinctly unhappy at this club, maybe coaches too and its spreading faster than Covid 19.

Just now, No Pyro No Party said:

This thread scares me; I hope there aren't people posting in here thinking Kewell is the problem and by replacing him we might see some success.

Or do we need another 10 managers for us to realise he probably isn't picking the team/recruiting?

Call me cynical. I prefer realistic/fed up.

Think it's more that it's inevitable he won't see out the season.

I wasn't exactly enthused by his appointment, but we could hire Jurgen Klopp and Coco and his brother would still pick the side 

AL thinks he knows how to run a football club

ML thinks he knows how to build a succesful football team

BO thinks he's in touch with the fans and knows what will make them happy and paying

They're all so very wrong.  But the shock on their faces at the reaction from fans at that forum shows they only surround themselves with people who tell them they're right.

43 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

This thread scares me; I hope there aren't people posting in here thinking Kewell is the problem and by replacing him we might see some success.

Or do we need another 10 managers for us to realise he probably isn't picking the team/recruiting?

Call me cynical. I prefer realistic/fed up.

Kewell's not the problem - no manager can succeed is it stands. 

Doesn't mean people can't form an opinion on Kewell based on what he's done previously/how he comes across here, etc.

Unless Mo literally has his hand up his arse and is making him speak, there was absolutely nothing that should have lead him to describe anything about the Morecambe performance as "excellent"..

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I've learned from scouting over many years players body language can tell you a lot, and from what I've seen in the last couple of games some players are distinctly unhappy at this club, maybe coaches too and its spreading faster than Covid 19.

Dunno if it's something else that's an indication, but I've noticed in the last couple of seasons the lack of outrage when a decision goes against us. 

The penalty decision against us on Saturday barely raised an eyebrow from our players..

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Interesting....which players give you the impression from their body language that they are distinctly unhappy at this club

3 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Interesting....which players give you the impression from their body language that they are distinctly unhappy at this club

My observation is several. We will see if the manager can lift them tomorrow, but my guess it's more off the field problems.

13 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Magister evolving into Schuck. 

Archived