Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to AL a couple of months ago, Kewell was more than capable of taking us to the Championship but I think the coach he really wanted was Benachour.😂

I think a change of head coach is already pretty imminent which will take the credibility of this regime, unbelievably, to a whole new level.

What an absolute bell end we have running this shit show!

Surely there has to be a hidden agenda as to why he continues to plough money into such a worthless cause.

It makes you think.🤔

Just now, Flemboy said:

Still too early to want Harry out .Hes been let down by poor finishing.The team is naive but will learn.We need an experienced defender and midfielder.

Don't think there are many calling for his head, there just seems a air of inevitability about it given the owners previous form. 

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

Still too early to want Harry out .Hes been let down by poor finishing.The team is naive but will learn.We need an experienced defender and midfielder.

One of which we still have and won’t play and another we fecked off and he left in McCann, the gangsters that are running the club are taking us one way. Just a pity fans weren’t allowed back into watch games as I believe there would be utter carnage at BP. The time had come to flush these wankers out. 

5 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

He's a fucking puppet and a sycophant. Part of the problem, not the solution.

He had Dino lined up after his sacking at Stevenage was it 4 games in?, I reckon HK has same amount of games as Benide had  11 who only had 2 wins in them games. We have a tough game next week and one we desperately need to win, but Kewells body language and a strange interview  today tells me the pressure is on him  

16 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

He had Dino lined up after his sacking at Stevenage was it 4 games in?, I reckon HK has same amount of games as Benide had  11 who only had 2 wins in them games. We have a tough game next week and one we desperately need to win, but Kewells body language and a strange interview  today tells me the pressure is on him  

History suggests none of the head coach appointments will be given much time to impress, regardless of their CV.

HK's pre season interviews did refer to radical or innovative changes in coaching, tactics or other.

Faced with an ever increasing threat of relegation and few members of the squad (eligible to play) who would have the temperament or ability to reinvent Latics in the mode of HK's model team, what chance of success in fewer than 12 games?

In the absence of lucky signings, at this rate half a dozen, or a manager with the guile of Shez, an instant remedy is not in sight.

26 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

History suggests none of the head coach appointments will be given much time to impress, regardless of their CV.

HK's pre season interviews did refer to radical or innovative changes in coaching, tactics or other.

Faced with an ever increasing threat of relegation and few members of the squad (eligible to play) who would have the temperament or ability to reinvent Latics in the mode of HK's model team, what chance of success in fewer than 12 games?

In the absence of lucky signings, at this rate half a dozen, or a manager with the guile of Shez, an instant remedy is not in sight.

Its impossible  with players who can't pass or control a ball and are dispossessed at the slightest tackle from an opponent.

Questions from afar.

I'm from Aus, was a massive HK fan as a player and from the interviews I have seen of him, actually do believe he can be a successful manager, I think leaving Crawley when he did was a huge mistake on his behalf, the fantasy/novelty of being the savior for notts county and bringing them up the leagues was just that, owner was clueless and I don't honestly believe he was given a fair go.

Now analysing Oldham, always taken an interest in you guys due to the Aussie lads being there over the years.

You guys seem to:

1) have a mix of players that really aren't good enough for league 2 / nor a climb up the football pyramid - for the record your captain, i'm sure was sacked from my club south melbourne - (formerly national champions x 4  / OFC team of the century / WCC contestants ) who have been semi-pro / in the state league (NOT National league) since 2007 - Carl P? HOW is he your captain? 
I believe the A-league at its peak the top teams would have been lower table championship while bottom teams would have been league 1/league 2 - you have a central defender who didn't cut it at NPL level, now at league 2, that is literally like jumping from National league south/north into league 2.

2) New players haven't gelled yet

3) CLEARLY need more investment into the team and to have players that can play the game HK wants 

4) Wheater surely should be class for this level, is it not a loss to not have him there? was this a fall-out with the owner?

5) Your owner is Autocratic as fk - sacking managers isn't going to fix your problems, getting rid of Harry isn't going to fix your problems, you need to get rid of the deadwood and invest in players that have the ability and hunger to take the team up.

21 hours ago, adh22 said:

Friend of mine has just drove past the ground. Said HK was rowing with the owner and his brother outside the old club shop. 

Probably telling them he wanted Wheater back in the side, and Woods on the bench.!!

...and still the pointless debates about managers/players and head coaches go on. People just don't get it do they? NOBODY will be able to manage us towards anything resembling success whilst this regime is still in charge. Can you honestly not see that - even now?

Archived