Another one bites the dust

I was looking forward to this season for quite a few years. It represented 3 significant anniversaries for myself. First 125 years for the club, second 60 years since I started watching Latics and third, 40 years as a season ticket holder. 

Unfortunately it will now become the anniversary of the year I stopped going to watch my beloved club.

There are three generations of my family that that attend matches and we are all stopping.

I've never felt so disconnected to the club. The fuckwit brothers have finally driven me away. Sad day for my family. 

2 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

I was looking forward to this season for quite a few years. It represented 3 significant anniversaries for myself. First 125 years for the club, second 60 years since I started watching Latics and third, 40 years as a season ticket holder. 

Unfortunately it will now become the anniversary of the year I stopped going to watch my beloved club.

There are three generations of my family that that attend matches and we are all stopping.

I've never felt so disconnected to the club. The fuckwit brothers have finally driven me away. Sad day for my family. 

Sad to read this, but I fully understand. I feel the same. It's not as though yours is an isolated case. Maybe we should gather up all these posts (there's plenty of them) and send them to ALMOBO. Trouble is, they'd still believe they're doing it the right way 

12 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Now that is really sad......you should send that on to the club

Myself and 6 Friends & Family dont attend games anymore or spend in the club shop

’Oldham Athletic FC’ is and forever will be our team but we wont be going again until the club starts playing good to watch football, the players look like they want to wear our shirt and supporters are treated like the owners wants us 

They were in the old Fourth Division when I started following Latics. I've seen them move up the leagues and down again back to where I started. Through all of it, good and bad, I always felt there was a connection with the club and its fans. That connection is non existent now and it has finally driven me away.

36 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Same here, 61 years following the Latics.

Not renewed my season ticket and would sooner go to watch non league football than patronise this owner.

Theres a principle here too in the way he treats fans, employees and good people with comptent which sticks in my throat. 

I wasn't going to apply for a season ticket refund, but will now. 

I don't get all this "I'm giving up" malarky.

These owners are only temporary.  Fans are permanent.

In two years we might have new owners, a new manager and new players and be top of the league, so why deny yourself the opportunity to enjoy that?

I feel as disconnected as the next fan, but I'm not closing the door.  It's hard for us to believe as it is for anyone, but it can turn around very quickly.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

In two years we might have new owners, a new manager and new players and be top of the league, so why deny yourself the opportunity to enjoy that?

I feel as disconnected as the next fan, but I'm not closing the door.  It's hard for us to believe as it is for anyone, but it can turn around very quickly.

when that happens, the missing will be back in their thousands. 

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

When the current owner has gone, plenty of us will be back. Not attending now will hopefully bring that day nearer. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

None of us are giving up JoeP

We’re just closing the book on this chapter of our history 

We just want our club back 

Build it and they will come 

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Same here, 61 years following the Latics.

Not renewed my season ticket and would sooner go to watch non league football than patronise this owner.

Theres a principle here too in the way he treats fans, employees and good people with comptent which sticks in my throat. 

I wasn't going to apply for a season ticket refund, but will now. 

This in a nutshell 

Won't ever shut the door, more close it to, its not the status of the club that offends, its the state of it. 

Completely disillusioned, i hope and pray that the club is eventually free of these loons and we can get back to establishing some proper foundations for the club to build upon and progress once again.  

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I was around in the dark year of 1959, many deserted the club, but a year later they were back in droves. Fans want that good feeling back again.

I think its more a case of a sabbatical than giving up. I see this as a  opportunity to ground hop and watch football at different levels or even just do other things with my saturdays.

Id like to think by the time the owners have gone and I come back I will be more enthused than before. 

I fully get the dissatisfaction in general, but I find it bizarre how many people are claiming this as the final straw, of all things.

This is Maamria we are talking about.  How many of you have forgotten one of the worst performances ever seen at Salford, with him having a go and blaming the fans after? Hanging on at home for a draw at Macclesfield when they were unpaid? Going to Stevenage and playing for a 0-0? 

This had to happen to give us a chance of staying in L2.  Whoever is signing players and picking the team, those performances alone deserve the sack - never mind the negative football all the rest of the time.

Plenty of events before this were far more egregious - from the North Stand saga to the treatment of Scholes.  This at least makes sense long term.  If you've got this far, this is a weird reason to pack in.

(And the "there was nothing on the website for four hours" - come on.  Do you want to get info from the ITK early or not?  It was Friday night in summer.  Chill and remember when we had to wait for next Monday's Chron to get info if you didn't want to spend £5 on TeamTalk...)

9 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I fully get the dissatisfaction in general, but I find it bizarre how many people are claiming this as the final straw, of all things.

This is Maamria we are talking about.  How many of you have forgotten one of the worst performances ever seen at Salford, with him having a go and blaming the fans after? Hanging on at home for a draw at Macclesfield when they were unpaid? Going to Stevenage and playing for a 0-0? 

This had to happen to give us a chance of staying in L2.  Whoever is signing players and picking the team, those performances alone deserve the sack - never mind the negative football all the rest of the time.

Plenty of events before this were far more egregious - from the North Stand saga to the treatment of Scholes.  This at least makes sense long term.  If you've got this far, this is a weird reason to pack in.

(And the "there was nothing on the website for four hours" - come on.  Do you want to get info from the ITK early or not?  It was Friday night in summer.  Chill and remember when we had to wait for next Monday's Chron to get info if you didn't want to spend £5 on TeamTalk...)

It's more off the field than on why fans are disillusioned I think.

6 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

There's no credit for firing the guy you shouldn't have hired in the first place.  There was little to suggest that Dino was going to be a success.  Just as there is with Kewell.  These are lower league managers with little or no credible record, and that's before they tied their hands behind their back on recruitment.

Whether Dino was any good or not is irrelvent in my opinion.  He was brought in as "their man" who they'd been chasing for a while, given a shit sandwich to work with then binned off after a few months of predictable poor form.  As with Banide, and as will no doubt happen again with Kewell.  And we'll hear the same things raised in that aussie interview... paying off old debts, moving forward, slowly slowly, stability, build for the future.  The same old bullshit to try and cover up the running of the football club into the ground.

ive been watching latics since the old 4th division and i agree that this is the lowest i have felt in 40 years but i could not support any other team than OAFC and sooner or later we will come through there dark times and re=emerge and hopefully have a team and town that we can be proud of!!

4 hours ago, Emcee_Latic said:

I've never felt so disconnected to the club. The :censored:wit brothers have finally driven me away. Sad day for my family. 

Same here. Selected the Option 4 refund on Thursday and will not be renewing. ST holder for 42 years. 3 generations of family not renewing (7 tickets). And this was decided before Dino was sacked. Enough is enough. Will be back once there is a change of ownership or a re-birth of the club. 

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There's no credit for firing the guy you shouldn't have hired in the first place.  There was little to suggest that Dino was going to be a success.  Just as there is with Kewell.  These are lower league managers with little or no credible record, and that's before they tied their hands behind their back on recruitment.

Whether Dino was any good or not is irrelvent in my opinion.  He was brought in as "their man" who they'd been chasing for a while, given a shit sandwich to work with then binned off after a few months of predictable poor form.  As with Banide, and as will no doubt happen again with Kewell.  And we'll hear the same things raised in that aussie interview... paying off old debts, moving forward, slowly slowly, stability, build for the future.  The same old bullshit to try and cover up the running of the football club into the ground.

I agree with all of that.

To be honest the biggest warning sign of all was Maamria being brought in as patsy with no previous record at all.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's more off the field than on why fans are disillusioned I think.

You never know what you'll get with a new manager, but I find it easier to think about watching Latics next season knowing we won't have any more of Maamria's clueless, negative Northern Premier League style of football.

At least there's a chance it'll be entertaining.  No doubt after ten matches I'll be disappointed, but the chance is there.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We hadn't sold any season tickets anyway so people had already made their minds up prior to fridays news.

This has just reinforced peoples views this will change absolutely nothing. Dino's statement merely reinforces the view Mohammed Lemsagam will be in charge of recruitment this season again, which will be another disaster so any faint hope that lessons have been learned has been extinguished.

Changing tactics or managers is merely deck chair arranging on the Titanic. Like last season the people who were saying we should play 2 upfront as it would solve our problems neglecting to look at the choice of forwards we had on the books at the time.

6 hours ago, JoeP said:

JoeP - some people have principles and some don't.

Archived