Sido Jombati signs

19 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Do what you want like but, I wish those of you doing this with every signing would turn it in. 

It's boring and when it's done with a knowing, no fly's on me, wink too it's cringey as fuck. 

ALMO are going to make signings, Kewell will probably get the go ahead for a few of his too. 

I'd rather us channel anger at more important matters like the North Stand/OEC situation, treatment of staff, calibre of key staff etc, etc... 

Plenty to choose from....

18 hours ago, League one forever said:

Do what you want like, but if you can’t see that our recruitment policy is the single biggest reason we are shit. Then good luck to you.  

😉

As a policy I agree that our recruitment, of both players and manager has simply not worked. Once again since the end of yet another poor season we have seen a huge turnover in staff throughout the club.

A move away from the original approach is evident but the calibre of player brought in points to either a lack of ambition or more likely a lack of finances

In the last month we have brought in the likes of Dearnley, Piergianni, Jamboti and Borthwick-Jackson -and yes three of those had already been on loan here but you could argue it allowed the club to assess whether the players are a good fit for our crazy club. Add those to the likes of Rowe, Hamer and Wheater (if they remain at the club) and we have the start of a league 2 squad...and not a #frenchlad among them.

It seems to me that AL and MO don’t seem to know what ‘the plan’ is and are still reacting too slowly to the failure of their “bring ‘em in cheap and sell ‘em on at a profit” foreign player strategy.

Recruitment has changed over the past year but it still seems haphazard at best. 

I agree that the recruitment policy is important but I also agree that the way the club is run and the way the staff are treated is of paramount importance too. 

The bottom line line is that until a buyer steps forward, and AL is willing to sell, the anniversary season is likely to be more of the same. 

20 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Do what you want like but, I wish those of you doing this with every signing would turn it in. 

It's boring and when it's done with a knowing, no fly's on me, wink too it's cringey as fuck. 

ALMO are going to make signings, Kewell will probably get the go ahead for a few of his too. 

I'd rather us channel anger at more important matters like the North Stand/OEC situation, treatment of staff, calibre of key staff etc, etc... 

Plenty to choose from....

The issue I have with it is that he regularly comes out and says the Head Coach chooses the players to sign. We even had a Head Coach (Banide) say in his opening Press Conference that he wasn't in charge of recruitment and then Abdallah told us at the forum in October that he had been! He even offered me Banide's phone number as a result...

20 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

This suggests that the decision to sack Dino was made on Friday and not before then. Given how quickly the news broke about Kewell that feels a bit unlikely to me? Would also seem to contradict the speculation that the timing was furlough-related. 

It's possible that Kewell was waiting by the phone just in case the relationship with Dino deteriorated though, I suppose. 

Not sure Fitz, but Dino reckons that was the straw that broke the camel's back...

23 hours ago, super_blue said:

Would be happy to see him and Pidge together this season. They looked pretty decent together towards the end of the season. Solid for me. 

????

We shipped goals left right and centre other than when Newport and Bradford rolled over... 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The issue I have with it is that he regularly comes out and says the Head Coach chooses the players to sign. We even had a Head Coach (Banide) say in his opening Press Conference that he wasn't in charge of recruitment and then Abdallah told us at the forum in October that he had been! He even offered me Banide's phone number as a result...

He'll lie again on GMR tonight and people will get het up about it. I don't get it. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

He'll lie again on GMR tonight and people will get het up about it. I don't get it. 

You don’t get folk wanting him to be honest with them, being upset with him when he tells them blatant/pathological lies at the same time as asking for their money in season tickets sales?

The problem with them bringing in players is that they sign players in positions we don't need. The manager would rather spend the budget on areas where players are needed. If Hamer and Wheater are staying, then the defence is sorted. We now need a goal keeper, 7 or 8 midfield players and a couple of strikers. Plus some loanees in any position to improve the quality. 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

You don’t get folk wanting him to be honest with them, being upset with him when he tells them blatant/pathological lies at the same time as asking for their money in season tickets sales?

Not now they know that's exactly what's going to happen.

What would the point be?

6 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I get het up about it because there are people who fall for his bullshit every time. Interesting that GMR haven't released anything about his interview yet : wonder if it's even happened...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I get het up about it because there are people who fall for his bullshit every time. Interesting that GMR haven't released anything about his interview yet : wonder if it's even happened...

It's got to the point now though that even if he  genuinely changed his spots and gave it a good crack, noone would listen. So he might as well jus stay quiet and hide in the background and let actions do the talkin

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think the number of fans who take him at face value are tiny- you’re talking the Birketts of this world - enough said. 

6 hours ago, al_bro said:

The problem with them bringing in players is that they sign players in positions we don't need. The manager would rather spend the budget on areas where players are needed. If Hamer and Wheater are staying, then the defence is sorted. We now need a goal keeper, 7 or 8 midfield players and a couple of strikers. Plus some loanees in any position to improve the quality. 

If our defence is sorted with 5 players,  we better hope we don't get any injuries 

Archived