Anthony Gerrard....lovely man😂

6 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I also understood that Maouche was not the "mole", but that it was a player no longer at the club. Someone other than "Wasim" although I'm sure he was a "mole" too. I will say no more than that.

Why?

18 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Good of Gerrard to point out the mole in the dressing room. Might have missed it but haven’t seen anyone on here taking back their comments about Maouche being the snitch or holding their hands up to acknowledge the odd comments, from current/former players, about him putting the best effort in with speaking the language, pointing out how talented he is and that he’s the one making new players feel welcome. 

Not after a reaction before anyone starts, just balancing up the abuse one of our longest serving players gets. Not to mention the fact he’s got more ability than anyone in this league. 

The owner is the problem, not our best player.

Edit: Don’t mean the above to sound provocative, just don’t want another jack Byrne situation where we had a diamond but everyone wanted rid at the time. Quality isn’t easy to come by in the fourth division folks.

He's a playmaker who got more yellow cards last season than goals and assists combined... 

On 8/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, LaticMark said:

I posted the Under The Cosh podcast with Anthony Gerrard on the Realistic Oldham Athletic Supporters facebook page, but it was removed by Admin saying: "Old news and of no interest to decent supporters and propaganda for the likes of FLG & PTB. Not for this Group, plus the language."

Enough said!

Since when did that group have "decent" supporters in it?

13 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

He's a playmaker who got more yellow cards last season than goals and assists combined... 

Did you also know that Chris McCann played 16 games for us last season. His contribution was the grand total of one assist and no goals. Just saying like.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Did you also know that Chris McCann played 16 games for us last season. His contribution was the grand total of one assist and no goals. Just saying like.

Maouche's whole role is to create and / or score goals, and he's consistently failed to do that for three seasons. He's not a bad player, but some of the claims in the original post are clearly over-the-top. 

And I never claimed that McCann was either our best player or had the most ability in the league....

32 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Maouche's whole role is to create and / or score goals, and he's consistently failed to do that for three seasons. He's not a bad player, but some of the claims in the original post are clearly over-the-top. 

And I never claimed that McCann was either our best player or had the most ability in the league....

As to your first point - nah. That’s not his whole role, far from it. As for the claims being over the top? It’s just an opinion of MM by another - as was Jonny Smith’s recent comment btw.

As to your second point - I didn't say that McCann was that either. Just trying to point out that randomly using a forced statistic to disagree with an opinion is easily done. I was merely trying to illustrate that point. McCann is generally considered by many on this board to have been a top player for us but the statistics I used could infer otherwise.

You are quite right though when you say that Maouche is not a bad player. 😉

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

As to your first point - nah. That’s not his whole role, far from it. As for the claims being over the top? It’s just an opinion of MM by another - as was Jonny Smith’s recent comment btw.

As to your second point - I didn't say that McCann was that either. Just trying to point out that randomly using a forced statistic to disagree with an opinion is easily done. I was merely trying to illustrate that point. McCann is generally considered by many on this board to have been a top player for us but the statistics I used could infer otherwise.

You are quite right though when you say that Maouche is not a bad player. 😉

You don't think it's over the top to say he has the most ability in the league? If that's the case it's quite surprising he hasn't been snapped up by someone else, no? And also that the majority of people on this board wouldn't even offer him a new contract? 

The statistic wasn't forced or random; it was relevant and accurate. Someone made a claim I disagreed with, and I used statistics relevant to his role to explain illustrate why I disagreed with it. I wasn't implying (not inferring) anything other than that. 

He's not a bad player at all. But I wouldn't lose any sleep if we released him. He's had three years to have an impact. 

34 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

You don't think it's over the top to say he has the most ability in the league? If that's the case it's quite surprising he hasn't been snapped up by someone else, no? And also that the majority of people on this board wouldn't even offer him a new contract? 

The statistic wasn't forced or random; it was relevant and accurate. Someone made a claim I disagreed with, and I used statistics relevant to his role to explain illustrate why I disagreed with it. I wasn't implying (not inferring) anything other than that. 

He's not a bad player at all. But I wouldn't lose any sleep if we released him. He's had three years to have an impact. 

It’s a fair point. 

He’s been here for three years, games in the football league are constantly scouted, the minute a diamond turns up- clubs are all over it. Yet Maouche hasn’t had a sniff of interest, not even with his contract up. 🧐

Maybe, just maybe he isn’t very good. 

On 8/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

FWIW, I was told by people who had been in the dressing room over the last 2 years that the "grass" was not Mauoche. Dunno where it came from that he was. But the belief from players and staff is that there's been a grass in the dressing rooms since this "Wasim" left the club...

On 8/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, Bristolatic said:

I also understood that Maouche was not the "mole", but that it was a player no longer at the club. Someone other than "Wasim" although I'm sure he was a "mole" too. I will say no more than that.

Contrary to this, several now ex players are convinced Maouche was/is one of them.

30 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

Contrary to this, several now ex players are convinced Maouche was/is one of them.

Surely being the owner's "nark" was the only reason he was given the captain's armband ?

I struggle to think of a player with less qualifications for the role. 

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

So if he is/was, and he gets the armband for the coming season, does that suggest it's a ML/AL decision or does HK think he's the man for the job ahead of Wheater and Piergianni etc?

Stop it Bristol, you’re better than this. ☹️

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Stop it Bristol, you’re better than this. ☹️

With all the rumours/stories that have flown around regarding whether or not the Lemmys have interfered with team selection etc, it was a genuine question to find out what people thought.

Maouche lost the captaincy when Wheater arrived so, if he regains it now with Wheater, Piergianni and A N Other around, would that look a tad suspicious?

Just asking for opinions.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It’s just a speculative question on a message board, if we stop with this we may have to go back to ‘top ten players to wear black boots.’ 

I think you’re blinded by his alleged mercurial ability. .😉

27 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

With all the rumours/stories that have flown around regarding whether or not the Lemmys have interfered with team selection etc, it was a genuine question to find out what people thought.

Maouche lost the captaincy when Wheater arrived so, if he regains it now with Wheater, Piergianni and A N Other around, would that look a tad suspicious?

Just asking for opinions.

Has Maouche been offered/signed a new contract for the coming season? If so I must have missed that announcement 🤔

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Has Maouche been offered/signed a new contract for the coming season? If so I must have missed that announcement 🤔

IIRC he was one of those with a three month Covid based extension. Nothing has been announced since that I'm aware of, so he may still be here. If he had gone to another club, they would probably announce it before we do. Perhaps someone who is definitely ITK could tell us?

28 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

IIRC he was one of those with a three month Covid based extension. Nothing has been announced since that I'm aware of, so he may still be here. If he had gone to another club, they would probably announce it before we do. Perhaps someone who is definitely ITK could tell us?

Cant imagine there will be a queue of takers, he may have been released.

31 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Covid-19 Short-term Extensions were for two to three months and applied to Johan Branger-Engone, Zeus De la Paz, Tomas Egert, Mohamed Maouche, Christopher Missilou

Two months would take us to the end of August, three to the end of September. Of the above, only Missilou has been confirms having left. I would therefore imagine Kewell will be looking at the others in training? If not then the sooner we get clarity the better.

53 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I could be wrong, but I think Sinnot said if he wanted to stay it would have to be reduced terms. Like you say, HK and MM might be having a look at each other. 

Archived