2020/2021 Prediction League

Bristolatic

With the new season only 5 weeks away, it's time to start thinking about your predictions again. A completely new format will be in place for the coming season and @oafcmettyhas devised a superb system allowing all your predictions to be submitted online. What this means is that you won't have 46 separate threads, although a full list of fixtures will be available.

@oafcmetty and I have run a number of tests to (hopefully) iron out any bugs and niggles and we now need to run a "live" test. We would like those that were in the Premier League last season submit their predictions for the Celtic v Aberdeen fixture on 15th August (the link is at the bottom of the page). This will allow me to use last season's Premier League table without having to change any names. Here's how it works :

1. You will see that there is a box for you to enter your user name - make sure your user name appears exactly is it does on OWTB; capitals, hyphens, underscores etc need to be correct or the system won't recognise you and will think you haven't predicted 
  2. There is a box for a PIN number. No one, apart from me and @oafcmetty will see this, but it will highlight for me/us any edits you make to your prediction. Your choice of PIN number is up to you. If I/we notice that you are using a PIN number that someone else is using, I/we will PM you and ask you to change it
  3. Make sure you have your full time and half time predictions the right way round. There are drop down boxes for your predicted scores
  4. At the moment, because games are behind closed doors, there isn't a box for attendance but, once Boundary Park is bursting at the seams again :lol:, it will be added
  5. Although you are predicting the Celtic v Aberdeen match, the table will still show Latics and Opponents, Celtic = Latics and Aberdeen = Opponents
  6. If you want to change your prediction in any way, simply go back into the system and enter a new full prediction. I/we will see that the original prediction will  not count

These are the players we would like to take part in this "live" test run:

@aidan_latics, @astottie, @Benja, @DavidCollinge, @disjointed, @Ex_pat, @Hometownclub, @JoeP, @lookersstandandy, @milnrow latics, @nzlatic, @oafcmetty, @rosa, @rudemedic, @SAV, @singe, @stevesidg, @youngen

Thanks in advance for taking part. Any questions, just ask.

Here's the link that will take you to the Prediction page: Prediction League

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I've sent it, if you haven't got it the chances are it's me. 

Got it - however you've got the half time/full time scores the wrong way round. Wanna go back and resubmit? Use the same pin, that way we can tell it's you 'editing' your prediction, not someone like @24hoursfromtulsehill trying naughty tricks.

@singe - same issue :D - you also have entered your username as @singe (you donkey)

19 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Got it - however you've got the half time/full time scores the wrong way round. Wanna go back and resubmit? Use the same pin, that way we can tell it's you 'editing' your prediction, not someone like @24hoursfromtulsehill trying naughty tricks.

@singe - same issue :D - you also have entered your username as @singe (you donkey)

And @disjointed has used a capital 'D'. Can you resubmit please using a lower case 'd'

31 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

What? exactly as it says

1. You will see that there is a box for you to enter your user name - make sure your user name appears exactly is it does on OWTB; capitals, hyphens, underscores, at sign

😄

34 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

How many have used 0000 or 1234 ?!

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

All looks good now fellas.

I'm looking forward to borrowing your bank cards for a few hours at some point. Just want to test a theory...

With mine you will get to use the photocopier at my workplace. 

26 minutes ago, singe said:

What? exactly as it says

1. You will see that there is a box for you to enter your user name - make sure your user name appears exactly is it does on OWTB; capitals, hyphens, underscores, at sign

😄

It doesn't say 'at sign'. It says 'etc' meaning capitals, hyphens and underscores and the like. Yahboo hiss 😁

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I've had a go.  Had to look up a player's name for first scorer.  And I think I got HT/FT right - put the half time score in the one that says half time.  Is that correct?

Spot on

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I've had a go.  Had to look up a player's name for first scorer.  And I think I got HT/FT right - put the half time score in the one that says half time.  Is that correct?

Nobody likes a smart arse. 

I think I screwed the first prediction up because I did not use a capital in my name, so I submitted another one exactly the same with the CAPIAL.

Sorry for the mess up.

Archived