2020/2021 Prediction League

Bristolatic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Celtic v Aberdeen game has been called off after players have broken the Covid-19 lockdown/distancing regulations. We'll have to use another game, so all the predictions posted so far will be scrapped.

Sorry folks, but there's nothing we can do about it.

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

The Celtic v Aberdeen game has been called off after players have broken the Covid-19 lockdown/distancing regulations. We'll have to use another game, so all the predictions posted so far will be scrapped.

Sorry folks, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Can we have it organised a little better next time, I hate confusing information, thanks in advance. 

@oafcmetty is away for a couple of weeks and he is the only one who can access the prediction page to add/change fixtures. I'm thinking that, for our trial run, we now use the Celtic v Motherwell game on 29th August.

It will still give us time to iron out any difficulties before the League 2 season starts on 12th September. Hang fire until I can speak to @oafcmetty to alter the prediction page.

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Done!

I thought you were away. Cheers for that.

There you go, folks. It's all set for the Celtic v Motherwell game on 29th August. It's open to last season's Premier League players as in the initial Celtic v Aberdeen thread. Again, your predictions will show as Oldham v Opponents when I produce this one off table.

A reminder that we are running a test of the new format with the Celtic v Motherwell game on Saturday, 29th August. Here's a breakdown of the OP with one or two tweaks. Please take a read through and have a go at predicting.

We would like those that were in the Premier League last season to submit their predictions for the Celtic v Motherwell fixture on 29th August (the link is at the bottom of the page). This will allow me to use last season's Premier League table without having to change any names. Here's how it works :

1. You will see that there is a box for you to enter your user name - make sure your user name appears exactly is it does on OWTB; capitals, hyphens, underscores etc need to be correct or the system probably won't recognise you and will think you haven't predicted . You do not use the @ in front of your username.
  2. There is a box for a PIN number. No one, apart from me and @oafcmetty will see this, but it will highlight for me/us any edits you make to your prediction. Using the same PIN number shows that it is you that has posted an edit etc. Your choice of PIN number is up to you. If I/we notice that you are using a PIN number that someone else is using, I/we will PM you and ask you to change it. Please use the same PIN number for every match throughout the season
  3. Please ensure that you give the correct players' names in your predictions, SURNAMES ONLY. Whereas in previous seasons, I have entered all your predictions into the spreadsheet myself from OWTB, this system will do that automatically. That means that if a player's name is incorrect and I don't spot it to alter it, it won't get picked up and would cost you points. Examples from last season were Azankpo, where we had predictions for Desire and Segbe as well, plus Piergianni where we had predictions for Pidge. I really don't want to be trawling through every prediction to correct players' names
  4. Make sure you have your full time and half time predictions the right way round. There are drop down boxes for your predicted scores and @oafcmetty has reset them so the HT fields come first
  5. Enter 'x' for 'No Scorer'
  6. At the moment, because games are behind closed doors, there isn't a field for attendance but, once Boundary Park is bursting at the seams again , it will be added
  7. Although you are predicting the Celtic v Motherwell match, this one off table that I post will still show Latics and Opponents, Celtic = Latics and Motherwell = Opponents
  8. If you want to change your prediction in any way, simply go back into the system and enter a new full prediction. I/we will see that the original prediction will  not count
  9. At present, you will see that the only Match Number is '1' for the Celtic v Motherwell game. When the fixtures are out and confirmed, all 46 Latics Match Nos will appear with the appropriate fixture. In the event of a postponement, that match will retain the same number when replayed
  10. The system automatically reproduces the time stamp, so make sure you predict at least 10 minutes before kick off for every game for it to count

These are the players we would like to take part in this "live" test run:

@aidan_latics, @astottie, @Benja, @DavidCollinge, @disjointed, @Ex_pat, @Hometownclub, @JoeP, @lookersstandandy, @milnrow latics, @nzlatic, @oafcmetty, @rosa, @rudemedic, @SAV, @singe, @stevesidg, @youngen

Thanks in advance for taking part. Any questions, just ask.

Here's the link that will take you to the Prediction page: Prediction League

30 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Is this going to be another false start, or have the sweatys started to heed social distancing rule. 

Time will tell, but I hope this one isn't called off as well. If it is, we'll have to just pick another game.

Archived