2020/2021 Prediction League

Bristolatic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

@Bristolatic @oafcmetty @Stevie_J I’ve been holding off any Marketing until this is up and running. It’s getting a big squeaky bum time. How’s it going?

The new system is now fully tried and tested; @oafcmetty has ironed out the last of the minor glitches. We've got the "live" test on Saturday with the Celtic v Motherwell game and I'm sure it will be fine. Not all of last season's Premier League players have predicted for Saturday, but there's enough for it to work 

I'm just waiting to hear from @Stevie_J about how he wants it to run this season (donations, rules, who to contact etc) and we're good to go.

29 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

If @rosa, @rudemedic, @singe, @stevesidg and @youngen fancy posting a prediction for tomorrow's Celtic v Motherwell game, then all of last season's Premier League players will have had a go at the new system's test run.

Here's the link Celtic v Motherwell

#letsbeavinya

They're playing Sunday, does that matter?

1 hour ago, singe said:

They're playing Sunday, does that matter?

Not at all. It was meant to be a Saturday game and I hadn't spotted the switch. Predict away, folks. We've got family here Sunday and Monday, so it may be Tuesday before I get the test table done.

Here's the table from the Celtic v Motherwell game on Sunday. Celtic goals = Latics goals, Motherwell goals = Oppo goals. @Hometownclub is highlighted in red as he posted twice, although both posts were identical. I'm waiting for some clarification from @Stevie_J regarding 2020/21 rules for the competition in case anything needs changing. 

We need to know who wants to play this season as well so, if you want to take part, add your names at the bottom of this post and we'll take it from there. We look good to go once @Stevie_J has woken from his slumbers.

Big shout out too to @oafcmetty who has devised the new online format. It's cut my time down considerably and is much more user friendly. The fixtures can now be matched to 1 to 46 match numbers.

DQaAnPY.jpg

• Stevie_J pinned and unpinned this topic
41 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I appreciate this may be a stupid question but are you able to see when it has been successfully submitted? Just knowing my luck it will come to looking at the table and I’ll find I did it wrong!

If you see the 'Entry submitted!' pop up, it's been saved correctly. If you mean can you then go back and check what you submitted, no, not currently. If in doubt, submit a new entry, which will overwrite your previous one.

22 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Will all the predictions go in a thread?

I did mine a few minutes ago and have already forgot what it was 

No. It's planned this way to cut down the 46 threads we had to have each season. It also means that I don't have to copy out everyone's prediction for every match, so it's easier to manage. You can go again if you wish and it will override the original prediction.

13 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

No. It's planned this way to cut down the 46 threads we had to have each season. It also means that I don't have to copy out everyone's prediction for every match, so it's easier to manage. You can go again if you wish and it will override the original prediction.

It's a bit shit that.

Can't see me bothering without the "bantz"

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It's a bit shit that.

Can't see me bothering without the "bantz"

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Could they be copied and pasted into this thread therefore still keeping it to the one? @Bristolatic?

If you look at last season's tables, you'll see that everyone's predictions with points scored precedes each division.

Have a look here

Archived