Davis Keillor-Dunn signs

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

D) During the infamous fans meeting back last October his accountant openly told us all that he told Abdallah not to buy the club due to the state it was in. He didn't listen, why didn't he listen?

He wasn't duped at all he was too lazy to spend time getting a true grasp of what owning a football club and particularly this one was all about.

basicly we are his midlife crisis sports car you know the one that sexy little blue open top 2 seater  youve always promised yourself since you were 15 and now youve got the money and your blinded to all the flaws and faults its riddled with so what if the horn dont work and the brakes are a bit ropey you can throw a bit of cash it and get it restored to its shiney as new look . no matter how often your mates tell you dont touch it you go and buy it and guess what its knackered and going to cost you thousands to get someone to restore it properly for you but its ok your brothers a mechanic and says he will have a go . three years down the line its still a money pit sat in the garage in bits  youve tried getting trading standards in to sue the previous owner but its buyer beware and they laugh at you . 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

basicly we are his midlife crisis sports car you know the one that sexy little blue open top 2 seater  youve always promised yourself since you were 15 and now youve got the money and your blinded to all the flaws and faults its riddled with so what if the horn dont work and the brakes are a bit ropey you can throw a bit of cash it and get it restored to its shiney as new look . no matter how often your mates tell you dont touch it you go and buy it and guess what its knackered and going to cost you thousands to get someone to restore it properly for you but its ok your brothers a mechanic and says he will have a go . three years down the line its still a money pit sat in the garage in bits  youve tried getting trading standards in to sue the previous owner but its buyer beware and they laugh at you . 

A fool and his money. .

1 hour ago, singe said:

He's not put as much in as he would have you beleive.

How was he duped? That is absolutely ridiculous. He stated exactly what he was buying in his Press Conference when he was unveiled. He paid for what he could afford.

a) He was swanning around the place, freely, for months before the takevover. You'd expect an Agent to be able to read and understand a contract. He's been around for 3 years now.

b) He has a very expensive, high profile lawyer do his due dilligence. And then put the same lawyer on the Board of Directors.

c) He was easily presuaded he had cast iron proof, to the point of reporting to the police by an ex policeman, of wrongdoings re North Stand, only for it go vanish into thin air

If he has been mugged off, perhaps he only has to look around the table during a Board meeting.

You're a harsh man. Corney could hoodwink the best. We'll never agree and if Al got us up twice you'd still want him out. He'll go when he's ready and without him we'd be Bury right now. Sometimes we have to acknowledge begrudgingly. 

The difference as I see it, I call his faults and acknowledge his help. Plenty don't. 

51 minutes ago, Lags said:

You're a harsh man. Corney could hoodwink the best. We'll never agree and if Al got us up twice you'd still want him out. He'll go when he's ready and without him we'd be Bury right now. Sometimes we have to acknowledge begrudgingly. 

The difference as I see it, I call his faults and acknowledge his help. Plenty don't. 

The club was effectively for sale from the summer of 2010 when Blitz and Gazal "cut ties" as the article on the official site said at the time. We were sold to AL officially  at the beginning of 2018.

In that 7.5 year period where I don't know exactly the number but Im guessing had a number of people come forward to look at buying the club Why weren't they hoodwinked by Corney?

It was common knowledge to all of us that the Land was separated from the club. A quick look at the Balance Sheet would have shown him this.

If Corney had included the land in the Balance sheet when it wasn't he would now be in prison because its blatant fraud.

You are giving him far too much credit he wasn't hoodwinked he was stupid.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The club was effectively for sale from the summer of 2010 when Blitz and Gazal "cut ties" as the article on the official site said at the time. We were sold to AL officially  at the beginning of 2018.

In that 7.5 year period where I don't know exactly the number but Im guessing had a number of people come forward to look at buying the club Why weren't they hoodwinked by Corney?

It was common knowledge to all of us that the Land was separated from the club. A quick look at the Balance Sheet would have shown him this.

If Corney had included the land in the Balance sheet when it wasn't he would now be in prison because its blatant fraud.

You are giving him far too much credit he wasn't hoodwinked he was stupid.

OK

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

More than likely. There again, who else has. 

Jimmy Frizzell in 1971 and 1974. 

I started going in 1970,  have seen 3 promotions but 2 in first 4 years, thought it was great (it was), would love younger fans to enjoy at least one promotion 

3 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I started going in 1970,  have seen 3 promotions but 2 in first 4 years, thought it was great (it was), would love younger fans to enjoy at least one promotion 

Wouldn't we all.... I've been going for the last 28 years watching us gradually get shitter and shitter.  

12 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Be careful, Bury fans thought that.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Northampton Town stand loan: £500k deal 'close' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-52977873

As as soon as they find that missing £10m...

So even with that shit in the background regarding their stadium and in particularly around the ownership and cost of one stand, they got their act together on the football side of things and got promoted. 

Its possible.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Be careful, Bury fans thought that.

My other half is a Bury Fan BP, they have had promotions and relegations in equal measure since around 1990. 

The club had 2 rogue owners, the previous one who left in around December 2018 having wildly overspent for 6 years to get Bury to the promised land of the Championship and the current owner Steve Dale who paid £1 for the club (shades of AL) and is still sitting there whilst the club has rotted and been expelled from league one. 

Bury overspent wildly for 6 years and were rewarded with 2 relegations and 2 promotions - the last 2 with players on mad sums of money the club could ill afford 

Promotion does not have to be achieved by such extremities, well run clubs can achieve them with stability, good recruitment and sensible planning.          

17 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

My other half is a Bury Fan BP, they have had promotions and relegations in equal measure since around 1990. 

The club had 2 rogue owners, the previous one who left in around December 2018 having wildly overspent for 6 years to get Bury to the promised land of the Championship and the current owner Steve Dale who paid £1 for the club (shades of AL) and is still sitting there whilst the club has rotted and been expelled from league one. 

Bury overspent wildly for 6 years and were rewarded with 2 relegations and 2 promotions - the last 2 with players on mad sums of money the club could ill afford 

Promotion does not have to be achieved by such extremities, well run clubs can achieve them with stability, good recruitment and sensible planning.          

The last paragraph says it all.

19 hours ago, Lags said:

Bollocks

Archived