Davis Keillor-Dunn signs

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

He had enough money to keep us in league 1.

He had mounting debts to keep us in league one. He also flew very close to the wind. Just ask yourself why did the TTA become the 2A?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Lags said:

You're a harsh man. Corney could hoodwink the best. We'll never agree and if Al got us up twice you'd still want him out. He'll go when he's ready and without him we'd be Bury right now. Sometimes we have to acknowledge begrudgingly. 

The difference as I see it, I call his faults and acknowledge his help. Plenty don't. 

I'm not harsh, I've been very factual.

He didn't hoodwink Lemsagam. Lemsagam quoted what he bought in the first press conference, Absolute myth.

MAybe we won't agree, but of couse I would not want him out after a couple of promotions, well certain exceptions if he'd done it a la Bury but no it would mean an even keel at last.
So far there is precious little to acknowldge, even begrudgingly, but I have. eg the opportunity this season affords us.

I see very lettle ackowledge of faults, but plent of glowing references to his help.

17 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm not harsh, I've been very factual.

He didn't hoodwink Lemsagam. Lemsagam quoted what he bought in the first press conference, Absolute myth.

MAybe we won't agree, but of couse I would not want him out after a couple of promotions, well certain exceptions if he'd done it a la Bury but no it would mean an even keel at last.
So far there is precious little to acknowldge, even begrudgingly, but I have. eg the opportunity this season affords us.

I see very lettle ackowledge of faults, but plent of glowing references to his help.

I suggest you look at most posts I've posted. 

On 8/14/2020 at 10:58 PM, unsworth blue said:

Jimmy Frizzell in 1971 and 1974. 

I started going in 1970,  have seen 3 promotions but 2 in first 4 years, thought it was great (it was), would love younger fans to enjoy at least one promotion 

Less of that kind of talk please or Inspector Knacker will send the boys round.

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It certainly does - my perspective is that those last 3 seasons have seen us finish in our lowest league positions in 50 years. Remind me who owned the club in these last 3 years?

Purely a continuation of trajectory.  To answer your question, Al 2 years, Corney 1 year

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Actually it’s 2 yrs 6 months Abdallah and 6 months Corney.

It's not, it's 3 years. It is well documented the Lemsagams were swanning around the training sessions, paying the bills. Who do you think paid for Menig in Aug 2017? Their malign influence was there right from the off.

5 hours ago, singe said:

It's not, it's 3 years. It is well documented the Lemsagams were swanning around the training sessions, paying the bills. Who do you think paid for Menig in Aug 2017? Their malign influence was there right from the off.

Look, how long had we been flirting with relegation?. It's not just about that, you refuse to even entertain the argument Al may have done some good things. I continuously highlight his mistakes whilst accepting he cleared Corney's debts. Without Al's money Corney and to some degree the club was a gonner.  Al needs to appoint an head coach and believe in him enough regarding recruitment. Al needs to understand not all his employee's are going to agree on everything, all the time and accept that's the way it is without sacking them. Unless it goes to far and it becomes unworkable or tenable. Sacking always has to be an option. 

In the above post you acknowledge it was Al's cash that brought in Menig, only because that was seen as a failure. Why not highlight the money that's paid Corney's debts, or the club's debt that Corney made? It's all about balance and if you want others to join in with the Al out crusade then lets have a debate that includes everything. Not just blind dislike.

Why are you not questioning how much Blitz wants to take regarding the OEC and just maybe Al's right not to pay that much?. It couldn't possibly be that and he just thinks nothing of the fans. I don't know the facts or the real truth's of the matter, do you?.

2 hours ago, Lags said:

Look, how long had we been flirting with relegation?. It's not just about that, you refuse to even entertain the argument Al may have down some good things. I continuously highlight his mistakes whilst accepting he cleared Corney's debts. Without Al's money Corney and to some degree the club was a gonner.  Al needs to appoint an head coach and believe in him enough regarding recruitment. Al needs to understand not all his employee's are going to agree on everything, all the time and accept that's the way it is without sacking them. Unless it goes to far and it becomes unworkable or tenable. Sacking always has to be an option. 

In the above post you acknowledge it was Al's cash that brought in Menig, only because that was seen as a failure. Why not highlight the money that's paid Corney's debts, or the club's debt that Corney made? It's all about balance and if you want others to join in with the Al out crusade then lets have a debate that includes everything. Not just blind dislike.

Why are you not questioning how much Blitz wants to take regarding the OEC and just maybe Al's right not to pay that much?. It couldn't possibly be that and he just thinks nothing of the fans. I don't know the facts or the real truth's of the matter, do you?.

GEnuine question  how much debts, Corney or otherwise, do you believe Al has paid off?
He has paid some, and negotiated others, which I am happy to say, but a substantial amount is accountancy movements and corrections.

PS I don't think the bad things anywhere near compensate for the good things, such as they are.

5 hours ago, Lags said:

Blitz agreed a deal with the FLG, and since agreed a deal with AL. What's the hold up? Is it that AL can't raise the money, or is he just wasting time trying to stop the FLG buying it? Smacks of the portakabins at the training ground to me.

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Blitz agreed a deal with the FLG, and since agreed a deal with AL. What's the hold up? Is it that AL can't raise the money, or is he just wasting time trying to stop the FLG buying it? Smacks of the portakabins at the training ground to me.

He agreed a price its anyones for 6 million.

FLG - no idea

AL- We all know he hasn't got £6million.

17 minutes ago, al_bro said:

FLG. Did the backers ever materialise? 

I've no idea what the hold up is. Could be Al, could be blitz. Could be FLG. Do you know? 

27 minutes ago, al_bro said:

When I went into the club around May time, I spoke to Shahed Alam and he said that they hadn't agreed a deal to buy the ground and what they had actually agreed was that, once the debenture was sorted, then they would discuss a deal for the ground...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

When I went into the club around May time, I spoke to Shahed Alam and he said that they hadn't agreed a deal to buy the ground and what they had actually agreed was that, once the debenture was sorted, then they would discuss a deal for the ground...

If he told me grass was green I’d check outside first 

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you are admitting AL hasn't got the money to buy the ground.

So whats his plan? Whats he even doing here?

I've said, I don't know and asked others if they know. 

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Or how about we all know it isn't worth £6 million now.

No the land is worth more anyway Sky are now reporting that some of our players haven't been paid for 4 months another incoming shitstorm.

Feel abit sorry for Davis Keillor Dunn here welcome to Oldham mate where the drama off the pitch gets far more attention thsn the drama on it.

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No the land is worth more anyway Sky are now reporting that some of our players haven't been paid for 4 months another incoming shitstorm.

Feel abit sorry for Davis Keillor Dunn here welcome to Oldham mate where the drama off the pitch gets far more attention thsn the drama on it.

The lads who refused furlough? 

Archived