Conor McAleny signs

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You're sounding more and more like a quisling with every post Lags - it's not a great read if I'm honest, you used to put forward a decent perspective, but something's changed.

That's a bit harsh, comparing him to a Nazi collaborator. I think he tries to offer a bit of common sense/balance. He's no apologist for the current regime, just remembers the problems/issues of the last.

8 hours ago, Lags said:

Sorry to disappoint, I guess that's due to having a different view point. That's OK with me. I've asked a few posters a direct question to tell everyone what has gone on between the club / Al and the OEC / North Stand operators and what are these differences in policies that's caused the impasse?. I find it odd that no one answers yet concludes it's Al / clubs fault. It may well prove to be the case but with no knowledge how can that be a safe assessment?. If that makes me as labelled, so be it. For me it's just balance. 

Nah its just gaslighting

Any proof that the fee is unreasonable?

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That's a bit harsh, comparing him to a Nazi collaborator. I think he tries to offer a bit of common sense/balance. He's no apologist for the current regime, just remembers the problems/issues of the last.

He doesn't offer a researched viewpoint, he just spouts the company line. 

Anyone remembering the various past owners actions would be critical of the current owner, not amplifying him. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nah its just gaslighting

Any proof that the fee is unreasonable?

No, has I've repeated over and over. I don't know. do you? or the others that just bang on and on it's Al. That's my point.

1 hour ago, singe said:

He doesn't offer a researched viewpoint, he just spouts the company line. 

Anyone remembering the various past owners actions would be critical of the current owner, not amplifying him. 

Nor do you have any research, I'll ask again, lets so the answer. Do you know what's gone on in the talks and what are the differences in each parties polices that's caused the impasse? Where is the company line in that ?

1 minute ago, Lags said:

No, has I've repeated over and over. I don't know. do you? or the others that just bang on and on it's Al. That's my point.

Your point appears to be that no one knows anything for sure, so anyone taking a firm position either way is doing so without any basis in fact.  I disagree.

To take an extreme example, I personally haven't been up in to space to check for myself that the earth is round.  But I'm firmly of the opinion that it is based on what evidence I have seen.

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Your point appears to be that no one knows anything for sure, so anyone taking a firm position either way is doing so without any basis in fact.  I disagree.

To take an extreme example, I personally haven't been up in to space to check for myself that the earth is round.  But I'm firmly of the opinion that it is based on what evidence I have seen.

I get your point, however it's flawed, the Earth never changes ( in time yes). Possibly due to wanting to believe one outcome here.  whereas two conversations are never the same, nor are all polices the same.

EDIT: I guess part of the question I've posed Singe would be seeing the policies!

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

I get your point, however it's flawed, the Earth never changes ( in time yes). Possibly due to wanting to believe one outcome here.  whereas two conversations are never the same, nor are all polices the same.

EDIT: I guess part of the question I've posed Singe would be seeing the polices!

Seeing the police Lags?

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

EDIT: I guess part of the question I've posed Singe would be seeing the polices!

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Seeing the police Lags?

sorry, fixed.

9 hours ago, nzlatic said:

It's flat, flat I tell you.  I'll get my tinfoil hat...

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Seeing the police Lags?

I'm not in a position get all the links to you as proof, so I'll summarise. 

Several reasons the stand was closed, including the reasons Barry stated at the Forum. 

The fire doors locked out of hours to prevent ingress, perfectly legal and safe if done properly and OK for other tenant s and non match time, I understand should have been open during match time and wasn't not aware but not defending. 

CCTV needs to be digital for match events, but is DVD type. Argument who pays for that I assume between Blitz & owner. 

Plus 3 or 4 other items lost in the midst of time that now seem minor. 

Owner won't agree to meeting requested by SAG, to resolve until agreement with liabilities is signed.

Rent increase was for staffing wage rise in line with min wage and kiosk work, but would guarantee more revenue to club circa 500k pa. I forget exact increase but IIRC 5%, ish, but was pretty much same as paid previous year. 

At Forum Shaheed outlined differences but he was inaudible to viewers, and has never been spelt out. No one can confirm what he said. But was met with some derision at the time IIRC. 

So, if club remove deliberately obstructive pre conditions and meet with SAG, and other parties, it will be solved in no time. 

5 hours ago, singe said:

I'm not in a position get all the links to you as proof, so I'll summarise. 

Several reasons the stand was closed, including the reasons Barry stated at the Forum. 

The fire doors locked out of hours to prevent ingress, perfectly legal and safe if done properly and OK for other tenant s and non match time, I understand should have been open during match time and wasn't not aware but not defending. 

CCTV needs to be digital for match events, but is DVD type. Argument who pays for that I assume between Blitz & owner. 

Plus 3 or 4 other items lost in the midst of time that now seem minor. 

Owner won't agree to meeting requested by SAG, to resolve until agreement with liabilities is signed.

Rent increase was for staffing wage rise in line with min wage and kiosk work, but would guarantee more revenue to club circa 500k pa. I forget exact increase but IIRC 5%, ish, but was pretty much same as paid previous year. 

At Forum Shaheed outlined differences but he was inaudible to viewers, and has never been spelt out. No one can confirm what he said. But was met with some derision at the time IIRC. 

So, if club remove deliberately obstructive pre conditions and meet with SAG, and other parties, it will be solved in no time. 

And you still claim its the clubs fault. Who chained the doors. Who's responsibilty is it to satisfy the council that the North stand is fit for football purposes. Who is responsible to pay the cost to satisfy the council the North stand is fit for football purposes. 

It's the council who closed the stand for football purposes not the club. It's not the clubs building to satisfy the council. So singe, why is it the clubs fault? 

I've stated many times Al got some things wrong, you're narrative he gets everything wrong. You beat the club at every turn. Why is that? 

The reason you can't get the links of proof is to my mind those links are OWTB lore. The lore of so much blame over many unfounded beliefs or theories becomes truth as more its posted. 

Here's a theory for you, the more unravels regarding transfer of the North stand to brassbank in 2016 and the tax payers funds that aided it's build surface. Just maybe the asking price comes down and the holy grail of the club /stadium/land become one again. The fans come together as one. 

6 hours ago, Lags said:

And you still claim its the clubs fault. Who chained the doors. Who's responsibilty is it to satisfy the council that the North stand is fit for football purposes. Who is responsible to pay the cost to satisfy the council the North stand is fit for football purposes. 

It's the council who closed the stand for football purposes not the club. It's not the clubs building to satisfy the council. So singe, why is it the clubs fault? 

I've stated many times Al got some things wrong, you're narrative he gets everything wrong. You beat the club at every turn. Why is that? 

The reason you can't get the links of proof is to my mind those links are OWTB lore. The lore of so much blame over many unfounded beliefs or theories becomes truth as more its posted. 

Here's a theory for you, the more unravels regarding transfer of the North stand to brassbank in 2016 and the tax payers funds that aided it's build surface. Just maybe the asking price comes down and the holy grail of the club /stadium/land become one again. The fans come together as one. 

Fans are rightly angry at not being able to use the stand and feel they're being used like pawns. 

If it is within the club's power to get the stand open, why haven't they? 

If it isn't within the clubs power, why haven't they made the reasons clear to fans?

Season tickets aren't being renewed because of this. The club don't seem to care. These are facts not OWTB lore. 

57 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Fans are rightly angry at not being able to use the stand and feel they're being used like pawns. 

If it is within the club's power to get the stand open, why haven't they? 

If it isn't within the clubs power, why haven't they made the reasons clear to fans?

Season tickets aren't being renewed because of this. The club don't seem to care. These are facts not OWTB lore. 

That's just the point. It's not in the clubs power, they don't own the building. 

Perhaps the club don't want to rock the boat with the owner. Have you ever considered that? I am sure it was put out in the public domain the club was in discussion to buy the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

That's just the point. It's not in the clubs power, they don't own the building. 

Perhaps the club don't want to rock the boat with the owner. Have you ever considered that? I am sure it was put out in the public domain the club was in discussion to buy the ground. 

Rock the boat? The one holding the fans is near capsizing. Whatever AL's motives are, it doesn't Involve putting supporters first. A significant number of us won't be back until that changes. Preferably with the Chuckle Brothers and Shitpeas gone. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Rock the boat? The one holding the fans is near capsizing. Whatever AL's motives are, it doesn't Involve putting supporters first. A significant number of us won't be back until that changes. Preferably with the Chuckle Brothers and Shitpeas gone. 

That's a shame. Hope you return soon

18 minutes ago, Lags said:

So have they resolved the previous issues/disagreements over the SLAs?

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

Regardless of who's responsibilty it is (could be club, oec or brassbank depending on the contracts wording), nothing is going to happen whilst the club continue to reportedly refuse to sit down and discuss the issues.

If its others responsibility, come out and say it is. Dont hide away and try to sell tickets for it and then say oh no you can't sit there because we (reportedly) won't sit down with the owners/tenants along with the advisory groups to resolve issues.

9 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

Regardless of who's responsibilty it is (could be club, oec or brassbank depending on the contracts wording), nothing is going to happen whilst the club continue to reportedly refuse to sit down and discuss the issues.

If its others responsibility, come out and say it is. Dont hide away and try to sell tickets for it and then say oh no you can't sit there because we (reportedly) won't sit down with the owners/tenants along with the advisory groups to resolve issues.

Right..... Am done. I've tried to put a different view point. Time to retire a while. I've bigger fish to fry in my personal life right now. 

Here's what I see. The council requires works to be done on the North stand to release it for football matches and have fans in it. The club don't own the stand. Brassbank does. So once the owner of the stand does the work required. The fans are in. 

I believe the club are still in talks to buy the ground. The owner wants 'x' the club wants 'y' 

Am done..... All have fun

Archived