fixtures

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So did I. It was an easy journey to a stunning part of the country. Had lunch and a few beers at a country pub before finding a parking spot close to the top of the hill. Had a couple of delicious vegetable samosas from the stall outside the Away end and then into the ground for a couple of beers in the dedicated for away fans tent. The staff were welcoming and courteous and we snatched a draw through a Gardner penalty. There were 844 Latics fans there.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day 😀

It’ll never catch on... 🤣

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So did I. It was an easy journey to a stunning part of the country. Had lunch and a few beers at a country pub before finding a parking spot close to the top of the hill. Had a couple of delicious vegetable samosas from the stall outside the Away end and then into the ground for a couple of beers in the dedicated for away fans tent. The staff were welcoming and courteous and we snatched a draw through a Gardner penalty. There were 844 Latics fans there.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day 😀

Spot on. Terrific car journey over the Cotswolds, great day out.

Seen people moaning about the fixtures (more so on twitter than here to be fair) but I’ll point out a few points that remain from last season;

- it’s a fucking awful league regardless of how the fixtures are presented

- win three games on the bounce at any stage of the season and it almost guarantees you a play off spot (don’t think we’ve managed to

do that in the past two years - correct me if im wrong please).

In addition to the above...delighted with the recruitment this year - yes im

waiting for the bombshell but if the points deduction doesn’t come, I’ll be ploughing into the the 12/1 for promotion. 

genuine question, if he gets us promotion this year, where do people stand with AL? Don’t get me wrong, I’ve not renewed but get the feeling we might be the only club in the football league to benefit from this virus! If he is filthy rich, now

could be the time to flex.

p.s. if Rowe or Wheater leave before the first game, scratch all of the above and replace it with AL out!

p.p.s before people remind me

how shit we are, please remember how awful this league is. 

BIGGEST CLUB IN THIS LEAGUE! Remember that and stop looking for when we play Harrogate away and start looking into whether Liquid (I think that’s what the club is called, albeit it’s been a long time) do promotion parties.

11 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

- win three games on the bounce at any stage of the season and it almost guarantees you a play off spot (don’t think we’ve managed to do that in the past two years - correct me if im wrong please).

Grimsby H, Tranmere H (Tequila!), Col U A, March/April 2019 under Wild-thing. First three after Scholes left.

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Does this mean the end of Ifollow coverage? If so what happens when 50% of fans are allowed back in?

I received this 11 days ago, but contrary to what happened last year, I find I can't sign in to see repeats of last season's games, though the app on my phone is still working.

This email is to remind you that your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st September 2020.

iFollow is the official streaming service of Oldham Athletic, with at least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club.

The 2020/21 season will see a new pricing structure in place for iFollow. Therefore, please note that the price of your renewal may differ to your 2019/20 payment.

Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service: Season Pass
Total Price: £140 or local equivalent (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Season
Payment method: we will use the same payment details that you provided for your 2019/20 Season Pass.

You do not need to do anything, this will happen automatically. However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2020/21 Season, or wish to use alternative payment methods, you must contact ifollow@efl.com by no later than 25th August 2020, or you may be charged.

Please note our Terms and Conditions apply to your renewed subscription.

We look forward to welcoming you to iFollow Latics for the 2020/21 Season where you’ll be able to continue receiving access to exclusive Club videos and live match day content!

If you have any queries regarding your account or the auto-renewal process, please contact ifollow@efl.com.

EFL Digital

41 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

I received this 11 days ago, but contrary to what happened last year, I find I can't sign in to see repeats of last season's games, though the app on my phone is still working.

This email is to remind you that your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st September 2020.

iFollow is the official streaming service of Oldham Athletic, with at least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club.

The 2020/21 season will see a new pricing structure in place for iFollow. Therefore, please note that the price of your renewal may differ to your 2019/20 payment.

Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service: Season Pass
Total Price: £140 or local equivalent (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Season
Payment method: we will use the same payment details that you provided for your 2019/20 Season Pass.

You do not need to do anything, this will happen automatically. However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2020/21 Season, or wish to use alternative payment methods, you must contact ifollow@efl.com by no later than 25th August 2020, or you may be charged.

Please note our Terms and Conditions apply to your renewed subscription.

We look forward to welcoming you to iFollow Latics for the 2020/21 Season where you’ll be able to continue receiving access to exclusive Club videos and live match day content!

If you have any queries regarding your account or the auto-renewal process, please contact ifollow@efl.com.

EFL Digital

£140. I guess hey will be streaming all games for that, and not charging for individual games. How that works when Sky's deal is exclusive I don't know.

18 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Definitely.. apart from Bradford, Bolton, Tranmere 😉

18 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Bolton fair doos, not Bradford or Tranmere though.

whats your prediction for this season BigDog? Your views are normally balanced!

Bolton as former multiple-time FA Cup winner are bigger than us. However, by virtue of finishing 2nd in the top flight and winning the now Championship, plus very similar Cup bests we have Tranmere comfortably beat. 

Tranmere have never been in the top flight. So don't compare favourably with the clubs in our division who have (Us, Bolton, Bradford, Grimsby, Carlisle, Orient) 

Bradford's FA Cup win in 1911, winning the now Championship in 1908 compared with our superior top flight record makes the comparison difficult. I'd be inclined to give them the nod. 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Bolton as former multiple-time FA Cup winner are bigger than us. However, by virtue of finishing 2nd in the top flight and winning the now Championship, plus very similar Cup bests we have Tranmere comfortably beat. 

Tranmere have never been in the top flight. So don't compare favourably with the clubs in our division who have (Us, Bolton, Bradford, Grimsby, Carlisle, Orient) 

Bradford's FA Cup win in 1911, winning the now Championship in 1908 compared with our superior top flight record makes the comparison difficult. I'd be inclined to give them the nod. 

Depends what is meant by bigger......Bolton apart, historically, yes, we ‘have been’ a more successful club than both Bradford and Tranmere but here and now we are way behind them in size and stature!

Tranmere averaged over 5000 when in the National League which at the time was more than we could manage even in League 1 whilst Bradford are regularly pulling in 4 times our attendance in the same division.

We have steadily dropped down the football pyramid over recent years and  it’s going to take a massive change in fortune to get us back up the league and just to be punching our weight!

The potential for us to get back to a reasonable level is still there but is shrinking year on year. We really need to start making some head way but whether our current owners are up to the task is debatable.

Archived